Print

Author Topic: We hate New School?  (Read 5637 times)

« on: August 17, 2005, 05:21:57 PM »
I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, but I've been in this board and I'm noticing that people don't like New School games. People like Toddaton are saying that New School couldn't surpass old school. So does that mean that people like SMB and hate PMTTYD and SSBM?

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 06:10:13 PM »
Also, Toddaton said that Mario games are becoming more dissapointing. NOT TRUE. So you hate Mario Superstar baseball when it comes out?

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 07:00:27 PM »
What do you mean we? I love the new Mario games. I've looked around topics, and no one has said, "I hate the New school Mario games!" Sure, there was that topic about how the dude thought Paper Mario 2 sucked, but other then that, I think it's a matter of enjoying the old games more then the new ones.

"You fools! You''ve messed with the natural ordaaaaaaa!!!"~ The story telling crow from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 07:00:54 PM »
 Use the edit feature when you want to add on to your post. Bumping threads with a double post isn't exactly looked well upon.

As for the "Old-School" vs "New-School" situation, I'd say it's not that people hate the newer games. I think you're confusing the two words.

Some people prefer the nostalgia they get with the older games. It's something the newer generation of gamers really don't comprehend. The new games, in my opinion, are by no means bad, but they don't have the same feeling that the older games had. That doesn't go just for Mario games, but for any sort of game. Though sometimes it is a matter of degrading quality.

Listen, it's a matter of opinion, and if someone is disappointed with Paper Mario, and  dislikes the game, they have that right. If you think the newer games are better, more power to you, but don't condemn and ostracize others if they disagree with you. Just as they shouldn't to you.

Topics like these are fine, but when you single out someone just to question their opinion, as well as outright tell them they are wrong, well, I'm not sure that's appropriate.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 07:19:34 PM »
I like the new and old Mario games.  I think some of the old ones are a little more boring, but I still like them.

And, I don't think you even CAN edit the very first post in a topic.  When I started a topic and wanted to edit something I had said, I couldn't seem to find the pencil...

“A wagon full of pamcakes?  In the Champeen ship?!  I’d like to see ya try!” ~ Homestar Runner        
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 07:39:09 PM »
I'll admit I don't like how they seem to care more about pulling out another Mario
party instead of a new mainstream game, but there was PM2 which I never bought, so it's really more my fault.  At least with Mario Baseball and Soccer, it's a new sport.  I don't think I'll get Mario DDR though...

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 09:15:32 PM »
wow, a thread dedicated to me. :D

Anyways, I don't hate the newer games, i just think they have gone downhill.  Even the Mario segment has turned into nothing but Mario sport and party games.  I find a lot of new games to be boring, and I prefer the old-school games, because they are a lot more fun. I'd rather play Blades of Steel rather than any new hockey game.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »
"I'd rather play Blades of Steel rather than any new hockey game."

Quoted for truth.

Tecmo Super Bowl, anyone?

Edited by - Black Mage on 8/17/2005 8:24:09 PM

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 01:56:39 AM »
I usually don't buy Mario Party games. The only ones I have purchased are Mario Party 2 and 4.

I like both the older and newer games. Yeah, they have been putting Mario in sports games and added a few twists to see if it would sell, but they've been doing stuff like that since the NES era. They'd put a picture of Mario on any old thing and they'll be sure that children will get it. It didn't have to be a video game. It could've been a regular household item, or piece of clothing.

Oh dear. I've gone off topic, haven't I?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 08:28:12 AM »
Geez, another opportunity to post right after Vid, and again, I have no material. I'll get you Eh, Vid! if its the last thing I dooo.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 02:31:50 PM »
......So....Do you have some sort of grudge against me, or do you enjoy trying to make me feel bad (it doesn't work, sorry)?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 07:01:09 PM »
In general, modern games are way better than old games.

Step 1) Play Metroid.

Step 2) Play Metroid Zero Mission.

See? People just understand design much better with 20 or more years under their belt.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 07:51:03 PM »
I do think that Mario Sunshine was disappointing. It just seemed really dull and boring.

Luigi's Mansion was alright, too short though.

The Mario Party games are getting out of hand. The first couple were fun and original, but the new ones are just boring. They also add way too many new spaces and stuff. Mario Party 5's capsules particularly annoyed me.

Mario Kart Double Dash was pretty good, but it seemed like there was something missing.

And as for the sports games, I dunno. I really don't like any sports at all, so that kind of biases me against them. Mario Power Tennis's Intro movie was quite cool, though.

And the GBA games, most are just watered down remakes of older games. The originals were fun, but having to have different controls and a lower resolution, as well as the added voices and updated graphics and sound takes away from the original experience.

Mario and Luigi: It was really funny, but not very fun. The realtime-ish aspects of the battles are really annoying. I think it's way too hard. I still haven't been able to beat it.

Paper Mario 2: Quite fun and funny. It had some things I didn't like, but overall it was good.

In conclusion, I think the old games seemed alot funner. I mean, come on- nothing beats SMB1 and SMB3. Perhaps with Nintendo's "Revolution", they'll have some funner games. I sure hope so.

Edited by - goodie on 8/18/2005 6:52:34 PM
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 11:03:52 AM »
I like all Mario games, except for the learning ones for SNES and DR Mario for NES.

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 11:10:20 AM »
I like all Mario games, but I stopped getting the Mario Party series after 5. MP5 was disappointing. MP4, although deemed by many the worst, I thought was the funnest, along with its "subquest" to get all of the presents. I did, however, get all the presents.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 8/19/2005 10:11:53 AM

Print