Print

Author Topic: Got any ideas of Super Mario Cubed?  (Read 3278 times)

« on: April 29, 2001, 04:53:09 PM »
well

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2001, 06:37:06 PM »
it would be cool a game that Mario can stock items, like the hammer and all type of thingies like in Zelda. (not a game like zelda, but a game that Mario can use a lot of items for free in the landscape) and the second player could play as Luigi at the same time (maybe by a half screen).

Hey, paisano!
Hey, paisano!

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2001, 06:47:15 PM »
What would be kool for the new mario cube game is that you go to towns like in Zelda games and there a boss in every level.And there deathmatch were you could duel it out with your friends and 2 player adventure were you could be Lugie and you get to ride yoshi

Im the real Bowser
Im the real Bowser

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2001, 07:40:10 PM »
maybe make bowser more evil then just some bully trying to get the princess to like him, and maybe make it a LITTLE more dramatic, but still retain its lightness (is that even a word?) and humor

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2001, 09:19:56 PM »
I'd like to see Wario reprise his role as villian, especially on the graphical powerhouse GameCube.

Ever see the movie BeetleJuice?  Towards the end, the title character has this crazy-looking black and white striped suit on and his arms turn into giant hammers.  I think Wario dressed up like that would make an awesome end-boss.

What's this stuff about the game being like Zelda though?!  Please, lets not try to make Super Mario something he isn't.  Personally, I'd like to see a sidescroller with mind-blowing polygonal graphics; loads of parallax, animated backgrounds, non-linear paths, and garagantuan bosses.  Basically, it should play like the Super Mario games of old on aesthetic steroids.  :D

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2001, 09:20:37 PM »
I'd like to see Wario reprise his role as villian, especially on the graphical powerhouse GameCube.

Ever see the movie BeetleJuice?  Towards the end, the title character has this crazy-looking black and white striped suit on and his arms turn into giant hammers.  I think Wario dressed up like that would make an awesome end-boss.

What's this stuff about the game being like Zelda though?!  Please, lets not try to make Super Mario something he isn't.  Personally, I'd like to see a sidescroller with mind-blowing polygonal graphics; loads of parallax, animated backgrounds, non-linear paths, and garagantuan bosses.  Basically, it should play like the Super Mario games of old on aesthetic steroids.  :D

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2001, 09:21:05 PM »

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2001, 09:29:19 AM »
YES! I  saw the movie (I have it on video) BeetleJuice! It's the funniest horror spoof I've ever seen! I hope they'll make a sequel to it soon...

Anyway... I thought of a Mario game that's like Kirby 64 (3D side-scrolling with animated backgrounds and with 3D characters). There is a way to equip items like in Super Mario RPG, and also a way to play as Yoshi! And, yes, Luigi is in my game! I also included some cool bosses and worlds (I call them Chapters and Stories like in Paper Mario). Oh, heck! I might as well just post the game so you can see it...

Sega and Nintendo both rule!

It is I, the great Mario Maniac!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 4/30/01 8:30:40 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2001, 12:00:52 PM »
It's got to have classic Mario elements, like Fire Flowers, Starmen (ok, I'm using the classic term for it), riding Yoshi, ect. Having Luigi for a second player would be nice. I'd like to have Bowser be a playable character, too.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2001, 05:17:58 PM »
One day I actually compiled the qualities that made the great "Mario" games great.  I made it into a list of things that should be in the next adventure game in the "Mario" series.  If I ever had the time I'd put it on my site.  Anyway, if you want to know what I think "Super Mario Cubed" should be like look under "The next 'Mario' game."  Most Nintendo fans seem to agree with me on a lot of points.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2001, 10:22:04 PM »
Hey billy chilly, I just pictured that cross between Wario and the Beetlejuice monster thingy. Yes, THAT's a scary end boss.
It's perfect!

The only problem is that we can't seem to convert our ideas into a downloadable and somewhat playable game. Probably because we don't have the programs to make them.

I think the best way for us to envision the next Mario game is to post more details about it, like locations, enemies, bosses, allies, items, mini-games, etc.

Be original with them, since originality is what started the video game industry. It was also Atari's only chance to survive, and they did so with flying colors. Until good ol' Nintendo smashed 'em. But nowadays the Atari originality of games don't seem to pop up as often... indicating another video game market crash in the future.

Peaceful penguins, demented dragons and growling griffins, oh my.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print