Print

Author Topic: New Mario action figures?  (Read 6894 times)

« on: April 24, 2001, 04:58:55 PM »
I saw on figures.com a while back that more Mario action figures would be coming out soon.  Has anyone heard anything about these?  They included Luigi, DK, and Wario in the Mario Kart series, plus another series that included Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Metal Mario, Yoshi, and Wario.  The Wario ones looked really cool.

Any word about these would be welcome (especcially if the word was, "Yeah, they're coming out soon!")

And weren't they gonna come out with a Peach beanie baby?  What happened to that?  
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2001, 05:19:42 PM »
Well, last I checked the official website for the (non-Kart) Mario figures was toysite.com.  The stuff on the Mario figures has been up for a long time, and I still have yet to see any of them. (then again, I haven't been in a toy store for quite some time).  They look great, but I haven't seen 'em in stores yet.  I have however, seen some very nice looking Legend of Zelda:  Ocarina of Time figures (but that was waayyyy back).

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2001, 05:34:08 PM »
Figures.com, eh?I guess I'm gonna go there in a little bit when you said New Mario Toys!I hope there will be a Toad.I have the Luigi, Bowser and Yoshi Mario Kart and the Diddy kong and Donkey Kong DKC figures and I want more(especially a toad)but i'm gonna check out those figures.

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2001, 11:49:25 PM »
Luigi was released?!  I only found Mario, Yoshi, and Bowser!  Oh man, I gotta get to a toy store...Maybe they'll have DK and Wario, too.
--Roy Koopa

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2001, 04:17:42 AM »
...and maybe fudgimadoovey, and schamabasuhvy...
"Was he lying?"
"Does Fort Koopa need sweeping?"

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2001, 05:52:05 AM »
Yea out of the Mario Kart figures there is a Luigi, I mean the ones with the launching karts, he has a mushroom its cool.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2001, 05:47:24 PM »
Where are you guys finding all these figures?!

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2001, 09:05:26 PM »
Well, it was two years ago, but I got the Mario Kart ones at a Toys R us.  I also saw them at Blockbuster.  I only saw Mario, Yoshi, and Bowser, though, like I said above.  I really want that Luigi!
--Roy Koopa

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2001, 09:06:08 PM »
Well, it was two years ago, but I got the Mario Kart ones at a Toys R us.  I also saw them at Blockbuster.  I only saw Mario, Yoshi, and Bowser, though, like I said above.  I really want to get the others!
--Roy Koopa

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2001, 09:37:03 AM »
I saw the new Mario figures at figures.com...
They looked cool! The ones I saw were titled "Mario's World" and included Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, and Wario! The figures all had the Number Blocks from the Mario Party series and also had an assortment of weapons (plungers, hookshots, etc.). I hope I can getr them...

Oh, I also saw Sonic Adventure figures at a toy store once...

Sega and Nintendo both rule!

It is I, the great Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2001, 11:11:53 AM »
I got some Sonic ones, including Sonic, Tails, and Amy.  I would like Gamma, Knuckles and Dr. R, but I can't find them.

When I saw the Sonic figures, I was hoping that Sega would prompt Nitendo into getting those Mario ones out, but so far nothing.

Oh, and there were some new "Zelda, Ocarina of Time" figures on figure.com, too.  They looked awesome as well, but there was an article that hinted that they wouldn't be released.  Something about them not being "Majora's Mask" related.  I was mad when I saw that.  There were some awesome ones, including Darunia, Impa, young Link, young Zelda, Epona and older Link, and Sheik.  Each came with weapons.  I would love to get my hands on those...

I wish Nintendo would release more toys.  I would even like Banjo-Kazooie, or Star Fox, or something besides the endless Pokemon line.
--Roy Koopa

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2001, 02:20:41 PM »
Does anyone know if the Mario Kart 64 line includes Wario?  I checked out the Mario's World figures at figures.com, and the Wario one looked pretty bad.  He had an orange shirt and hat for God's sake!  Orange!!  I was hoping they would base it on how he looks in the more recent N64 games (Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, etc.).

Was it just me, or did nearly all of the Mario's World pics at figures.com look a bit shoddy?  I swear I could see the paint smearing off Mario's plungers and onto the packaging. . .

Regardless, I'm completely insane over actual Mario action figures!  Its about time!

-----------------------

-=bï//¥ ©hî//ÿ=-

Edited by - billy chilly on 4/26/2001 1:37:15 PM
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2001, 03:44:57 PM »
There is a Mario Kart Wario, but its hard to buy unless you get a name off ebay.I first saw those figures 2 years back as well. Some kid had yoshi, and then I saw yoshi mario and bowser at a blockbuster too!I'm not kidding!I got yoshi and then my uncle and his fiance got me bowser for my birthday with super mario bros. DX and mario party.Then I ot Luigi a couple month's ago off Ebay and I don't want donkey kong but I might want wari.I wish there was a toad.

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2001, 03:47:51 PM »
I also found them in a blockbuster two yeas ago, weird.O, there is aWario Mario kart figure, but no toad.

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2001, 11:31:17 AM »
No Toad?! How dare they!
I've seen the new Mario Kart figures and some new Zelda ones, but none of the other Super Mario ones.

Print