Print

Author Topic: Super Mario's hero status.  (Read 2961 times)

« on: April 26, 2001, 08:01:16 PM »
Does anyone here consider Super Mario a superhero?

I know I do.  How many people do you know that can jump ten feet straight up, throw fireballs, and thwart fire-breathing dragons(Bowser), giant gorillas(Donkey Kong), space invaders(Tatanga), huge frogs(Wart), robots from another dimension(Smithy), and just plain-old weirdos(Wario!) on a regular basis?

I definitley consider Super Mario a superhero, what about you?

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2001, 08:06:23 PM »
Mario and his bro. are definetly superheros.Maybe a little on the pudgy side(mainly mario)and not very muscular, they are definetly super heros. If a guy who dreeses like a bat is a superhero, so is a pudgy plumber who fights evil turtles( not to dis batman)

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2001, 11:27:10 PM »
They are the best Super Heroes!  Modest to the end, but brave and have the abilities to help people.  That's what makes a good super hero.
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2001, 07:55:10 PM »
I think they aren't superheroes. They are.... hum.... plumbers who do their best to save the world from a big gecko or something like this....
Ive never liked big superheroes with the power to save the world. Mario doesn't have super powers, that's because i like him.

Hey, paisano!
Hey, paisano!

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2001, 11:35:14 AM »
But is it some sort of requirement that superheroes have huge muscles and wear fruity spandex?

The Mario Bros. DO have powers, and they DO save the world.  On a regular basis, no less.  Let's take a look at what Mario and Luigi are capable of:

1. Ten foot vertical leap.
2. Can die more than once (like cats).
3. Can throw fireballs.
4. Can grow to twice their usual size.
5. Can turn to living metal.
6. Become invisible.
7. Can turn into statues.
8. Can communicate with and ride dinosaurs.
9. They can fly!
10. They can become invincible!

There's a list of superpowers that'd make Superman pee his pants, and I probably missed a bunch. :D

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2001, 05:01:35 AM »
Taming dinosaurs that eat his enemies, wearing man-sized shoes...

However, aside from high jumps, he doesn't have any of these powers straight off. I consider him a hero, not a super hero. And that's what makes him so lovable ^_^

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

Print