Print

Author Topic: Why are you board today?  (Read 2936 times)

« on: July 02, 2002, 07:11:25 AM »
If you're looking for somewhere to comeplane about your day...here you go!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 10:11:20 AM »
 I finally get to "Comeplane"? Really? I woulld love to, just, you need to tell me how. OH! You meant complain. Ah, I understand. Well, I'll tell you, I sure was "board" yesterday. You know, come to think of it, I think I was more bored than "board", but I digress.

Don't take that the wrong way pal, I'm only pointing it out for your own reference. You wouldn't want to go around spelling like that forever, now would you? :)

Anyway, my day was alright. I woke up early to get to work. Worked hard, got home. Did some yard work. Then I went to my soccer league and played a game. Nothing real special, nor much to complain about.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 03:20:59 PM »
My day was ok, until now. Seriously, it was alright. It could have been a little better though. I hope most this are settled for now. If they aren't I'll have to take care of them latter.

By the way do you spell it "woulld" (Like you spelled it) or would? Just for your own referense ;)

I actually don't complain alot about people's spelling. At least not in message boards. I usually use it for defense. Usually when I'm critisized about it myself. I found that it's just not worth going after people about it. This isn't the spelling bee champions or something like that. It's just a tinny little message board. Usually I retaliat when I'm critisized. I have found that if people are complaining about my spelling they have usualy misspelled or messed up on grammer themseleves. (Usually in the post they creitsize me with.) I don't know why people are so uptight about spelling. It's not my fault this board doesn't have a spellcheck. I for one am not going to root threw a dictionary for every word I type. I'm also too lazzy to find a spellcheck and copy and past the whole thing into it anyway. Pluss there is usualyy still a word or two that slips by it anyway. I think that as long as you can understand what the person is saying you don't need to critisize them....inless you're in a fight or want to get into one. I think it's usually just too much trouble.

I guess I should have expectd this. I did make a topic for people to complain in.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 04:44:08 PM »
 Heh heh. I actually though about editing my post and change woulld back to would, for this very reason. But I didn't ;) you got me.

Actually, I do it for many reasons. Some being those "ph33r l337 $p3@k" people you know. And then there are the "im inn frst gradd an i cannt speel mi oon nam" people.
Not to mention the "i dun spell mch cause i r to l8ze to typ ful word" crowd. Ugh, so many of them.

But, it wasn't anything personal, from what you posted I couldn't tell if you just messed up or what not, so meh.

I am also glad someone caught the irony of complaining about the topic in the complaining topic. Heh, I figured it'd be over too many heads here. I've been shot down again, my my, this is a surprising day.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 08:45:34 PM »
You know what's funny? EVERYONE in this thread seems to have a spelleng problem! It makes me laff.

(I was following suit by spelling my text wrong, just to be funny)

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2002, 04:23:48 AM »
Geeze MadMario. You must be really bored to notice peoples spelling errors!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2002, 07:09:41 PM »
To be fair, it was I who started it, and wrongfully so, might I add. In many cases, it's not a matter of spelling, but of typing. Mistakes happen. No matter what excuses I wrote before, I shouldn't have done it. Heh, I even did it in a condescending manner, which doesn't help my case. It's more or less because I'm a jerk. I'll admit it.

However, I will stop doing it. I have much to learn from you guys, I really do. :)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2002, 07:19:54 PM »
Someone pointed out that I misspelled "condescend" in another topic... ironic, eh? (NOTE: Only people who know what that word means can find the irony in it.)

I only correct truly blatent errors. I may have done "comeplane", depending on my mood. I seem to have lost some of my cynical ways though.... I want my cynicism back!

:(............

You know what? I got really, really bored one day so I decided to change my signature.
~I.S.~

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2002, 08:09:17 PM »
Yeah, I saw that. "To elevate yourself above someone else", or something like that.

You're a Black Yoshi! I'm a Black Yoshi! We should get along well, if you know what I mean.

Frostbite is an Orange Yoshi, kind of like a Black Yoshi, but is more subtle.

Edited by - MadMario on 7/11/2002 7:11:08 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2002, 08:45:08 PM »
My cynicism seems to be what makes me a distinct member of many forums I visit... Unfortunatly I seem to have lost some of my egde a while back.... *sigh*

Meanwhile, aboot (I feel Canadian today, no offense or insult intended to Canadians) the Yoshi topic: My main feeling aboot the difference between Black and Orange Yoshi is this: *try to picture these diagrams*

Black Yoshi: *gets a gallon of rage, hate, and most other emotions that cause you to blow up on someone*
Tries to place it into a shot glass of holding area, but it overflows and floods into the conscious area of the brain.
Black Yoshi then immediatly blows up on whoever crosses him next, regardless of what they did, however minor.

Orange Yoshi: *also gets a gallon of that 100% Grade A pure black liquid rage*
Puts it successfully into a container the size of a beer keg (pretty big) with a hole in the bottom, leading into the subconscious realm to be forgotten.
Eventually, this beer keg fills completely before it can be drained, and Orange Yoshi blows up immensely on whoever is nearest.

In other words:

Black Yoshi is the kind of person everyone avoids due to the tendency to blow up on everyone, but they know he/she won't do anything truly dire.

Orange Yoshi is the kind of person that no one suspects can/will do anything, then, after a long period of thought, and with no warning, does a Columbine or something like that (Sorry if that was offending, that was the only way to put it) atfer they are pushed too far.

That was my analysis, thus showing how truly bored I am.

You know what? I got really, really bored one day so I decided to change my signature.
~I.S.~

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2002, 03:10:10 PM »
That's what I ment by Orange Yoshis being like Black Yoshis, except that Orange Yoshis are more subtle. Kind of like the relation between Red and Green, they are almost exactly the same, except that Green gets WAY too much popularity and Red doesn't really care.

Print