Print

Author Topic: Sprite Comic Instructions Needed  (Read 1462 times)

« on: November 08, 2004, 05:29:01 PM »
Can any of you here please teach me how to make a sprite comic?
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 05:59:35 PM »
Paint program and lots of patience.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 07:29:04 AM »
'Copy and paste' helps keep repeating scenes very graphically accurate...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 08:48:58 PM »
I had typed this up yesterday, but I got an inexplicable error right before posting and my computer blew up. Yay.

1: Find your sprites. Trust me, you'll want lots of poses. The Shyguy Kingdom is a great place to start. If you are feeling adroit, you can edit sprites yourself... Background images are a lot harder to find than character sprites, though.

2: Copy paste works wonders. Trust me, you can easily make your comic look longer by copy-pasting each frame. It also becomes nice and consistant.

3: Zoom. This is great for pixel edits of sprites, and also for when you need exact precision to make things.

4: Make sure your plot develops well. Or, lack of plot. See, while graphics are nice, you need a good plot to make your comic interesting. Character degisn is a very important part to comic design.

Case in point: I myself am a horrible artist. I made a sprite comic a while back, though Find it here.

Good luck and happy designing!

~I.S.~

~I.S.~

Print