Print

Author Topic: HTML/JavaScript/ImageMap HELP?  (Read 2023 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: April 22, 2005, 08:45:41 PM »

In the process of copying my high scores page to a new domain I ran across a problem.

Clicking the "POWER" button on
http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/Nintendo_DS_High_Scores.htm makes both screens changes as I intended, but clicking it on the identical page on
http://playnintendo.net/Nintendo_DS_High_Scores.htm appears to do nothing.  Any ideas why?

Edited by - Luigison on 4/22/2005 7:47:51 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 09:18:53 PM »
If you would look at the JavaScript console (assuming you're using Firefox/Mozilla) it would tell you: Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property Location.href

In other words, you can't do cross-site scripting due to security concerns.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 09:27:14 PM »
playnintendo.net? What's this, Luigison?

The home page says, "This site is under construction." It also has this picture:

That's very much a Mac! Woohoo!! (In fact, it's essentially the same on the outside as the one I'm using this very moment.)

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 09:27:41 PM »
Thanks.  I knew it had to be something simple.  I don't know why I didn't think of that or check the error message.  I also tested it in IE, and got an error.

If I had just kept copying/editing it would have fixed itself.

*puts hand to forehead.  yep, that's what dumb feels like.

Thanks again.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 09:41:24 PM »
Luigison-- Did you notice that I posted my WarioWare scores?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 09:56:32 PM »
Suffix, I didn't, but will get to them later.

Watoad, the index was automatically generated by Yahoo!  Is the new one more/less intriguing?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 10:15:06 PM »
Thanks again, MB.  It works now.  (I put it in a new window for reasons that will become apparent later.)

Print