Poll

Please pick the car that you either drive or would like to own if you don't have that model.

Chevrolet Corvette
2 (10%)
Ford Mustang
1 (5%)
Dodge Stratus
1 (5%)
Volvo 850
1 (5%)
Honda Civic
3 (15%)
Porsche 911
1 (5%)
Jaguar X Type
1 (5%)
Ford Model "T"
1 (5%)
VW Beetle
2 (10%)
Minivan
0 (0%)
Pickup Truck
1 (5%)
SUV
2 (10%)
Mack Truck
0 (0%)
School Bus
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Print

Author Topic: Which of these cars would you drive?  (Read 13638 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« on: July 24, 2006, 08:54:53 PM »
I'm not sure how many of you folks have cars, but I noticed a severe lack of automobile threads on this board. I decided to create a poll to see what kind of cars you folks like. My favorite on here is the Volvo 850 since I have one. While they might not be Corvettes, they can be pretty powerful if you turbocharge the engine. And they're safe, as nobody has ever died in an 850. They also are good for hauling sailboats, a definite plus for me.

If you drive and your car is NOT on the list, just pick the one you'd most like to have.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 09:49:12 PM »
School Bus, for sure.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:02:47 PM »
I'm selling our 2000 Ford Mustang Convertable and still drive the Honda Civic Hybrid.  We're getting a Scion xA.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 10:23:36 PM »
I noticed a severe lack of automobile threads on this board.

That's probably due to the fact that the main focus of the board is video gaming/Nintendo/Super Mario, not cars. :P

As for driving, I only own a driving permit. I received a New York State Learner's Permit on May 2nd, 2005, and I haven't upgraded. Why? Well, let us take a look at my normal daily routine:

In Summer:
12:00-13:30 - Wake up
12:05-13:35 - Turn on the computer, change, make the bed
12:10-13:40 - Use teh internets for browsing, chatting, etc. OR watch a few episodes of a television show I downloaded the previous day
18:00 - Eat dinner the mother had just brought home/ordered over the phone (she does not/cannot cook)
18:10 - Resume looking at teh internets/play a video game
19:00 - Watch a little TV
19:30 - Resume looking at teh internets/play a video game
23:20 - Shower
23:45 - Once again, resume looking at teh internets
01:30 - 03:00 Go to bed

During the school year:
06:30 - Wake up, change
06:40 - Hop on the school bus (this'll probably be the only time I'll ever leave the house for a period of time)
06:50 - Start school (1st period LITERALLY starts before 07:00 in this district. New York really is a butt-backwards state, for pretty much everything)
13:50 - School ends for the day
14:00 - Open the front door to the house
14:05 - Turn on the computer, look at teh internets/play a video game
18:00 - Eat dinner the mother had just brought home/ordered over the phone
18:10 - Resume looking at teh internets/play a video game
19:00 - Watch a little TV
19:30 - Resume looking at teh internets/play a video game
23:20 - Shower
23:45 - Once again, resume looking at teh internets
01:30 - Go to bed

I hardly ever leave the house.

Though, last year, I seriously thought I'd have a driver's license and a car by Spring of 2006. That is not true today. I am unemployed, and have nowhere to go.

Unfortunately, the reason I cannot get employment is due to the fact that there is NOBODY AROUND to drive me to where I'd like to work. My father, mother, and brother work full-time jobs, and neither of my parents get home until 18:00. The Learner's Permit only allows me to drive with a parent in the car.

I cannot get a permanent Driver's License, because I have no money, because I'm unemployed, and cannot get employed because there's no one to drive me to work.

VICIOUS CYCLE GET!

(Yes, I'm rambling. I'll get back to your topic.)

As for your poll, I don't find ANY of those choices to be appealing, to be honest....The Honda Civic, I guess. But my dream car has always been a BMW 325i Sedan.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 12:21:37 AM »
Out of those, probably the Porsche 911, followed by the Chevrolet Corvette. Of course, my fave in general would be a Ferrari... I like Italian food and Italian cars. The Nissan 350Z also looks pretty nice (lack of a better word). =D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 01:38:34 AM »
I'm ashamed to admit I drive an SUV, a Subaru Forester.  I'd rather drive a Prius, or better yet a fully electric car, or better yet no car at all.

Vidgmchtr, do you have access to any sort of public transportation?

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 06:13:04 AM »
I went with the Jaguar X-Type, but only if it's like this one and not the granny-looking ones.  I actually haven't driven in a while, and I can't think of many cars that look so fun right now.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 01:16:32 PM »
You don't have permission to access /sale-fotos/jaguar-x-type-2.jpg on this server.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 03:06:05 PM »
After the perusal of your missive, I must retaliate to the limit of options to simply cars that are ravishing in beholding superficially.  I myself must admit that I place an uncanny emphasis on environmental qualities of cars, as well as miles per gallon.  I cannot even drive yet, so the idea of driving a car is rather inadvertently avoided by my person.  So long, old chap.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 05:48:54 PM »
Right now, I'm not too enthusiastic about driving. But if I had to pick one car from that list, I'd pick the mustang.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 06:59:22 PM »
Vidgmchtr, do you have access to any sort of public transportation?

I do not. I live in a very spread out suburb. Biking takes awhile (there's also the risk of being in a collision with a car, that happens quite frequently here, as the drivers are insane).

The only buses are school buses, and I take those to school (but I obviously cannot tolerate them anymore, due to the fact that the drivers always seem to put on the radio station that makes me want to hurt someone/something whenever I hear it).

Now, my father is going to be trading in his Jeep for a cheaper car, and made a promise to me that when the "financial slump" we're in ends, he's going to give me the car he's currently looking for, and buy another Jeep for himself. Whether he'll carry out this promise or not is unknown, as he's made many promises to us before that he could not keep, such as that week-long cruise to Bermuda that turned into a two-day one-night vacation to New Jersey.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 06:35:06 AM »
Vid, if you cut out all of the time on "teh intarnets." And you woke up before 12:00-12:30, you'd have pleanty of time.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 08:01:48 AM »
Hey, everyone has their limits.  Also, I do have permission to access /sale-fotos/jaguar-x-type-2.jpg on that server and hereby acuse Luigison of libel.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 10:58:26 AM »
Vid, if you cut out all of the time on "teh intarnets." And you woke up before 12:00-12:30, you'd have pleanty of time.

To do what?

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 12:41:28 PM »
Where's PT Cruiser? :(

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 12:48:39 PM »
SUV for sure. Those things are nice and comfy and with the back seats down you can fit anything in them. Plus I don't like small cars since they look like they can be easily crushed by most other vehicles on the road.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 02:03:20 PM »
Hey, everyone has their limits.  Also, I do have permission to access /sale-fotos/jaguar-x-type-2.jpg on that server and hereby acuse Luigison of libel.
I still get the following message:
Code: [Select]
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /sale-fotos/jaguar-x-type-2.jpg on this server.

Apache/1.3.31 Server at 80.247.228.231 Port 80

Maybe it's just cached for you or you are logged in to the site or something.  Then again maybe it's just me.  Can anyone else view it?

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 02:15:33 PM »
I cannot. Though, I didn't click it the first time mainly because I didn't care. :P

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 02:20:53 PM »
I really want a Honda Civic. Comfortable looking and fuel efficient... That's some of my top priorities.

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »
Corvette fo' sho'. I know they're really expensive and probably don't get good gas mileage, I really like them. (Very Fast!)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 05:35:22 PM »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 09:04:17 PM »
I have a Ford Mustang GT 2006 convertable. Unfotunently, somebody rear-ended my car while it was parked one day in the school parking lot. But it only damaged my bumper.(Which is replaceable) I'll get a new one some day...

Oh, and it's pink. I painted it myself. Also, I put a black stripe on it. I show a picture of it when I get my camera phone.
¤:` + h |2 e`:¤

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 11:00:48 PM »
I have a Ford Mustang GT 2006 convertable. Unfotunently, somebody rear-ended my car while it was parked one day in the school parking lot. But it only damaged my bumper.(Which is replaceable) I'll get a new one some day...

Oh, and it's pink. I painted it myself. Also, I put a black stripe on it. I show a picture of it when I get my camera phone.
Oh K.  Hold on, you painted a brand new car?  You painted it pink and you are a guy.  Nothing wrong with that; it's just not typical.  Where's Salroste anyway?  Google: "Did you mean: Melrose"  Sorry if I'm rambling.  I didn't get much sleep last night, just saw a disturbing image, and can't get to sleep tonight.

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 12:43:42 AM »
I just noticed the domain is in Austria... They clearly be nazis who don't want us to see their photos.

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 07:28:35 AM »
I would drive a VW beetle. Only the newer convertible models, though.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 10:33:02 AM »
Learn how to drive.

Who is going to teach me? My father's at work all day, remember? :P

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 11:25:47 AM »
Arnold Schwarzaneggar is from Austria.

And something I realized this morning: "Spielberg" translates from German to be "Game Mountain"!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 02:29:57 PM »
To learn how to drive without a parent, find a place called a "driving school". I had a friend who went to one of them. You work with a driving instructor in a car that apparently has a brake pedal on the other side. Most of the ones in my area are Dodge Neons.

Also, if you have grandparents or something around that works too. My grandpa not only taught me how to drive, but also took me to get a license. If you go without a mother or father, however, you can't be an organ donor (at least in Pennsylvania) unless you're 18. So I went and got a new license once I was 18 so I could become one.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 08:41:05 PM »
My neighbor, in part, taught me how to drive. I also had Driver's Education.

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 09:07:03 PM »
To learn how to drive without a parent, find a place called a "driving school".

Also, if you have grandparents or something around that works too.

I listed in my other posts that that won't work either, as driving school/Driver's Ed costs money, which I don't have, because I don't have a job, because no one can take me to where I'd like to work.

As for grandparents, none of them are nearby (neither my maternal or paternal grandmothers can drive, that, and one set of grandparents lives in another county, while the other set lives in another state).

So, yeah, I'm in quite a screwed in position on this. : |

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 09:11:28 PM »
I'm currently taking a driving class online.  Once I finish I have to go to the DMV to take the written test and get my permit.  and after that, other stuff happens, etc.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 11:57:09 PM »
Vidgmchtr, don't lose hope! Hopefully something on this list will work and hasn't already been posted...

1. You don't have grandparents, but do you have any aunts, uncles, cousins, etc who could possibly help?

2. Maybe you could learn to drive with your best buddy, assuming his/her parents would let you? Or a neighbor, as Suffix had?

3. If all else fails, talk to your high school counselor. They seem to have a ton of connections and might be able to find you a free/cheap driving class somewhere.

Just stay positive about this and keep optimistic that you will drive soon!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 11:34:47 AM »
I have a 2004 Grand am.  My dad and I found a really good bargain for it at a Ford dealership.  But I would really love to drive a Pontiac Firebird or a Ferrari.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 02:44:16 PM »
1. You don't have grandparents, but do you have any aunts, uncles, cousins, etc who could possibly help?
I'm sure if they taught me, they'd get arrested. It's ILLEGAL for anyone who is not a parent/legal guardian of the student, or Driver's Ed. instructor to teach people to drive in this state.

2. Maybe you could learn to drive with your best buddy, assuming his/her parents would let you? Or a neighbor, as Suffix had?
Same answer as number 1.

3. If all else fails, talk to your high school counselor. They seem to have a ton of connections and might be able to find you a free/cheap driving class somewhere.
I once asked him, but all he knew of were places that cost quite a bit.

Though it probably sounds as if I'm being stubborn on this, I'm not, I'm actually quite frustrated at the fact that every possibility will not work in my situation, due to the fact that my father's not home during the day, and that he refuses to pay for Driver's Ed.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 09:03:38 PM »
Okay, the first thing I can say is this: DON'T GIVE UP.

Here's my next suggesstion, apologies if you're already tried it.

Write a letter to your father. Whatever you do don't sound angry in it, but be sure to hit the following points:

1. Driving is the next step in human development (at least in America). When you're a few months old, you learn to crawl. At age one you walk. You learn to read as a toddler, learn how to write and add in elementary school, and learn how to date in middle school. You need all of those skills to make it in the world. Driving is another step there.

2. Along that line, how else can you make a 30 minute commute? Public transportation doesn't serve everything. It's impractical to walk or ride a bike if the commute is that long, plus it's pretty dangerous if you have to go on a busy roadway. (I don't care what some people say, riding a bike on an interstate is a good way to get injured/killed).

3. Driving is a huge factor in a social life. Most 16+ year olds don't meet up on their bikes at the local lemonade stand and then bike two blocks to the park. Usually they need to go further (movie theater, mall, baseball field, concert hall, etc) if they want to be entertained. Without a car, you will have to pester friends for rides. And suppose you're going to take your girlfriend who your best buddy can't stand (assuming she isn't driving).

4. The big one. A job. To work, you will have to go someplace. And going someplace you want to work usually involves a car. Perhaps propose this: as soon as you get a license and subsequently find a job, you can pay back the driver's ed money to him. This way he won't lose out on any money in the end. At the same time, even though you won't be gaining any money for a few months, you will get some work experience, which will eventually lead to a raise or an opportunity for a better job.

I'd try writing this. Maybe mail it to where he works. If you want any help on this let me know.

And remember, keep believing that this will happen.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 11:18:12 PM »
[You] learn how to date in middle school. You need . . . those skills to make it in the world.
Um, what?

3. Driving is a huge factor in a social life. . . . And suppose you're going to take your girlfriend who your best buddy can't stand (assuming she isn't driving).
Hahaha, you obviously don't know Vid very well.

Sorry, those things you said just struck me as really funny. And I think Vid's dad would laugh at Vid if he said that, too.

As for me, I've never really been all that interested in driving. I don't go places very often, and when I do, someone can usually take me. On top of that, driving has always intimidated me, and especially did after having bad experiences in driver's ed. Not to mention it was never a priority to go out and practice or anything. I've had a learner's permit for about 4 years (and have only driven very, very few times during that time), and I've had to renew it twice.

It's gotten to the point, though, that I'm sick of having to rely on others to take me places; it's frustrating for me, and I really don't like being a burden on people, either. I'm also wanting to become more independent or grown up or whatever. Particularly from my parents. This summer I've been driving more often, pretty much now whenever I go some place (and am not really tired). It's a lot less intimidating than it was before, not to mention I seem to be a LOT better and more relaxed. So hopefully by the time my permit expires, it won't matter because I'll already have my license.

Oh, and I suppose as of last week, I have my own car now! My brother and parents bought a used pine-green Dodge Durango (either a '97 or '99, I think?) for him, so now I'll be using the car that he'd been using (which originally was going to become mine, anyway, since I'm older than him, but he got his license before I did, so...). It's a '98 white Chevy Malibu. I like driving that car the best, anyway. :)

Ideally, in the future I'd like to have some sort of four-door hybrid car.

Edit: Oh yeah, this topic reminds me of this one.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:26:26 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 11:31:28 PM »
Heh.  I love to drive.  It's exploration.  Taking a road I've never been on and eventially trying to get back without using any of the same roads can be fun.  At least it was in Mississippi where the road layout and a sense of direction could get you anywhere.  LA is another story.  As we found at E3 2005, you can't simply reverse directions to get back.  When I'm driving for exploration I prefer to do it alone or with someone who doesn't care.  I hate it when people tell me to turn around or get directions.  That takes the fun out.  I prefer to figure it out on my own.  If there is an appointment or something I'll take known roads or use a map and/or directions because I hate being late.  If I'm exploring I tend to play music (usually hard and/or heavy rock) a little to loud, but when trying to find an address I usually turn it way down or off.  Somehow it seems the auditory input decreases optical ability.  Maybe it's a multitasking things and uses too many brain resources.  On long trips I listen to a lot of talk/news radio, but my wife hates that or hard/fast/loud music.  She says it makes her nervous or something.  It actually relaxes me.</ramble>

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 11:56:20 PM »
Okay, the first thing I can say is this: DON'T GIVE UP.
[snip]
And remember, keep believing that this will happen.

Hahaha, how very supportive of you.

It's inevitable that driving will become less of a want and more of a need (actually, it's going to turn into a complete need by the time I graduate high school, which will be in 11 months). Seriously though, it feels as if you're getting all bent out of shape on something you yourself shouldn't worry about, because you're not me. :P

I'm sure you'd be pleased to know that I WILL get a car soon. At this point, it looks like a Ford Focus. My father'll be trading in his Jeep for one, and will be using that until the "financial slump" ends, and he'd get a new Jeep, while I'll get the Focus.

As for actually DRIVING the car, well I'm going to ask dad about reconsidering about paying for Driver's Ed and not asking me to pay him back (seriously, he paid for other essentials for me for the past 17 years, driving is essential, too).

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2006, 02:13:09 PM »
I know how to drive a car. No accidents, nothing scars my record. That being said, how do I get to work every day? On my bike.

You see, nobody will buy me a car, and I don't feel the desire to shell out thousands of hard-earned dollars on a pile of ferrous oxide on wheels. Also, I definitely didn't learn how to date in Middle School. While many were chattering like the fools of a silly sitcom, I was busy learning important things, like HTML, BASIC, video editing, writing, poetry, algebra, and some generic items.

Do keep in mind that I have indeed driven plenty. Although I don't own a car, and I ride my bike to work, I have used our minivan just as much as my mother in this past school year. Not always to get to school, but to piano lessons and stuff. So don't think my record is flawless due to lack of driving...

While I'm busy ranting, however, I've got to say that AbercrombieRounders is onto something with numero tres.

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2006, 06:19:04 PM »
Quote from: AbercrombieBaseball
You...learn how to date in middle school.

Dating? lol

I DEFINITELY didn't date in middle school. I was too busy doing stuff I actually enjoyed rather than spending money on someone I KNOW I wouldn't marry. I personally think middle school students are still too young to do stuff like that, and don't know what TRUE love is.

Besides, just like in high school, I hardly went anywhere while in middle school (except work on Saturdays, and that was only for one year, and I only got paid $20 a week ('twas a piece work job, and not considered "on-the-books")).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2006, 12:01:58 AM »
Dating random people is stupid. "Learning" or not. Also I would question the notion of dating as a necessary skill. If it even can be called a skill.
As you might be able to tell, I find the notion of dating to be ridiculous and useless.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2006, 09:09:53 AM »
Dating. Never have. Never will. There's no need. I also don't plan on marrying, but even if I do, I definitley won't have kids.

Sorry for going off topic, but it seemed like the best time to post this.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2006, 09:24:09 AM »
Darn, someone should have warned AB that opinions of any kind are looked down on here.

Just kidding... 9_9

I want too drive a Prius.  I mean, the shift into drive or reverse and all that is really simple.  And you don't start the car with a key, you hit the power button!  I know because we have one...  And it's better for the environment, so that's always good ... for the environment! ~_^

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2006, 10:10:38 AM »
Whoops, I totally forgot to put the Prius on the list of choices! With today's gas prices, so many people are looking into them. I know two people who have them and they look pretty neat. Never driven it so I don't know how it compares to a regular car, but I've heard it's just as good if not better than gas cars. Everyone who gets a Prius seems to love it. I also heard it was the best hybrid out there (there are a few others, Honda makes a few and I think Ford does too).

Yeah, I guess dating isn't 100% necessary to learn in middle school, since some people can go fine without it, but for me, I'm one of these people who loves it and saw it as one of the best new experiences of being in middle school. I prefer to know someone for a little while before going out with them though. Not a huge fan of blind dates though they can be really fun.

Art

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2006, 11:02:27 PM »
I picked a pick up truck… it was a tough call between a Honda Civic and a Ford Mustang (yah I know it’s a guy thing…) I know a pick up truck does fall short in gas mileage but gains big in utility. I can do most anything with it. Like go out on a camping trip, do yard work with it or what ever. Though gas mileage is an issue, id might settle with a small 4 cylinder engine Ford Ranger for light duty stuff and still not too bad for regular commuting. Well I do have my “N” licence but still have to go for my full licence. I do drive every now and then, but not on a regular basis, as the current automobiles belong to my parents. My brother on the other hand does have his full licence, as he got his “N” earlier before me. I have not gotten in any accidents so far. I do qualify for my full licence and should consider applying for my full driving test sometime not too far from now. One of the biggest issues for owning a car is the car insurance, its extremely expensive as just a simple Toyota Yaris car it would cost some where in the neighbourhood of 2800-3000 bucks a year (in Canadian dollars ouch!). Well anyway thats just my 2 cents.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2006, 10:34:13 AM »

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2006, 11:18:32 AM »
Darn, someone should have warned AB that opinions of any kind are looked down on here.

Just kidding... 9_9

Wait, you were kidding? I couldn't tell... I've been under the impression that opinions weren't allowed on these forums for a couple months now.

Dating. Hmmmmmmm... I think that's a skill I'll never, ever be able to obtain, even if I were to practice it constantly. Especially not in middle school. Put simply, "love" makes more sense to me as a number in base 36 than it ever will as a concept. I'm still very afraid that I'll never be able to find a significant other.

Anyways, cars. They're honestly one thing I've always been indifferent about. I drive a 1997 Cavelier. And, I'll continue to drive this car until it absolutely stops working, because I have no need right now for anything else. And when I do need a new car, I have no idea what I want, really.

What I hate is when children of rich families receive "status" cars as gifts from their parents and proceed to show it off every opportunity they get to try and make themselves look better than everyone else. News flash: You'd NEVER have been able to afford that car on your own. You're no better than anyone else. Stop acting like it.
~I.S.~

Art

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2006, 05:58:47 PM »

It seems that my other post did get in after all… even though the site failed to show me it did… sorry for the double post… I guess I should check before I try reposting.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 06:08:14 PM by Art »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2006, 12:12:46 AM »
I would drive the SushieMobile, of course.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2006, 03:51:19 AM »
Dating in middle school and posting on Mario fansite boards don't overlap much on the Venn diagram, in case you're wondering about the backlash, AB.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2006, 09:11:25 PM »
Yes, most of the video game fanatics I remember from high school didn't date much if at all, but I guess someone's got to be that rare person who plays an occasional game or posts here and dates at a young age!

I remember those venn diagrams from school. We used to get those a lot in elementary school, like in geography when we were comparing two countries. I also recall one being used in science class for light colors that looked a lot like that.

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »
School bus, because they can be ~*~magic~*~. XD
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print