Print

Author Topic: Fast Food  (Read 8325 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« on: August 26, 2006, 11:48:18 PM »
In the post about Happy Meal toys, many say they don't go to McDonald's much. I don't know why some people like or don't like some places to eat, but I thought I'd share my two cents.

Now I happen to like McDonald's. I also like Long John Silver's, KFC, Subway, and Arby's. Not crazy about Wendy's or Burger King.

My personal favorite is Panera Bread. They have sandwiches, salads, soups, etc. if you're not familiar with them. Also have bagels and muffins for the morning. I used to stop in this place a few times a week for a while; the only reason I don't go as much anymore is because I had a bunch of friends working there and they've all left for their colleges over the past two weeks. Those folks also helped to make it a great experience every time. But Panera, hands down, is my favorite fast food.

Anyone else have a favorite fast food?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 12:23:01 AM »
Bah. Bah, bah. There are three that jump into my head.
In 'N' Out: Best friggin' burger place ever. That's all I have to say.
Panda Express: Chinese fast food, their orange chicken is the only chicken I don't groan about before eating.
Jack-In-The-Box: Ciabatta burgers own! As do the eggnog shakes.
I haven't eaten McDonald's for... like, a year. There are four McDonalds' in this town, it's sad. One in the Brainwashing factory... I mean, Wal-Mart, one OUTSIDE the Wal-Mart (you know, in case you missed the one inside), one around downtown, and one somewheres else. Burger King, longer than a year. Taco Bell is all right, but I never really liked it as a little kid... those crunch-whatevers (if you threw them, they'd look like UFOs) are okay.Del Taco is better in my opinion. Wendy's is... unnatural. SQUARE BURGERS? Get serious. A&W is really really nice, the only root beer I've found to be good is A&W. Hmmm, what else...? I think that's all.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 12:56:29 AM »
Hm, nice thread idea. :D

Now, like you said, I'm not a huge fan of McDonald's. I'm more of a chicken person than a burger man, and McDonald's chicken is just terrible (yes, this includes the McNuggets), IMO.

Of McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's, I choose Burger King. Their chicken is the best of the three places (IMO), and I always order a Spicy Tendercrisp meal with no lettuce, and no tomato.

And, a list of other fast food places I enjoy:
White Castle: The only burger I'd eat. I usually order 4 slyders, with fries, coke, and chicken rings. There's one down the road from the school I go to, so, if I ever get my license (and subsequently, my father gives me the Focus) before I graduate, I plan on going down there for Lunch and then heading home.
Checkers: Even though the place is SUPER GREASY, they have the best fries of all the places I eat.
KFC: No real explanation here, the chicken is good.
Pizza Hut: We actually don't eat here often. The breadsticks are delicious, though.
Taco Bell: I've been pretty on and off about this place, but they recently added the Nacho Crunch Grilled Stuft Burrito which is yummy.
Subway: Woo, a healthy thing on the list! I won't die at 30. :D I order a footlong roasted chicken sub and put Chipotle Southwest sauce on it. Great.

Roy Rogers: Where I used to live, there was once one behind our house, and we'd go there, and it was great. I hated to see it get turned into a McDonald's. It's too bad that there aren't many locations anymore, their chicken was, dare I say, BETTER than KFC's.
The inside of the restaurant smelled awesome as well.

Well, I think I'm done.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 08:12:24 AM »
Panera is fast food?  How fast?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 09:52:40 AM »
McDonalds: I use to eat here. I don't now. I got tired of it's food. The chicken nuggets are good, though. Looking back, however, I can only ask one thing about their small patties; where's the beef?

KFC: My favorite fast food resturant. The chicken is so awesome. It's my favorite of all fast food restaurants.

Burger king: I like it better than McDonalds. I haven't had it in a long time, though.

Pizza pizza: Some of you may not recognize this one, because I think it's Canadian. I like it. It is my favorite brand of pizza.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 10:44:21 AM »
Oh, I forgot some things.
Pizza: Domino's. Domino's makes good pizza. Of course, the best pizza ever is Round Table, but that's not fast food.
KFC: Uhhh.... It's... okay. Even though I usually hate chicken with a passion... I love their coleslaw and mashed potatoes though.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 10:48:32 AM »
McDonald's: I only like the snack wraps.
Burger King: It's okay... at least their burgers aren't fried.
KFC: I don't eat there anymore because the oils they cook their chicken in is bad.
White Castle: Their burgers pwn.
Wendy's: Their burgers are good too.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 10:49:34 AM »
Taco Bell: Awesome, but the tacos aren't that great, but the speed makes up for it.
McDonalds: Pretty good.
Burger King: Too sloppy.
KFC: Not very good chicken. Not at all.
Wendys: Learn to heat the burgers up properly please.
Royal Farms: The best place for chicken.
Theres a place called Grotto's Pizza, and they serve awesome pizza, but they're a bit on the slow side. Pizza hut is good and fast.
Arbys: Not Bad
Sonic: Awesome

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 10:53:22 AM »
Nobody has mentioned how great Wendy's is. While their burgers are sub-par in comparison to Burger King (which I believe is the best fast food chain for hamburgers and french fries), and their [Wendy's] french fries aren't all that great either... They do make a mean spicy chicken sandwich. I love spicy chicken sandwiches.

And the greatest thing about their sandwich in comparison to other places is that the spices and pepper bits are in the breading, which means I don't have to worry about gross mayonaise spin offs or other sauces that would otherwise spoil the taste of ketchup!

Oh, and Bird Person, McDonalds did the same thing with our Labyrinth-- Er, Wal-Mart. McDonalds inside, McDonalds outside.

I sure wish I could try Sonic. Those slushy type deals look good, and they're always advertised on cable. But I've never actually seen one of their facilities.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 10:56:25 AM by Suffix »

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 11:27:04 AM »
We have a Sonic here in (town's name blocked out), it's right next to the Golden Corral and the Kroger.

When our McDonald's was in remodeling, I had a bad craving for McDonald's food. So bad that I made my parents take me to a McDonald's in the next town over. I LOVE MICKEY D'S!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 12:06:29 PM »
Burger King, the best ever? Has anyone here heard of In 'N' Out?  I mean, you must have at least heard of Jack-In-The-Box!!
...Great, now I'm beginning to crave an animal-style burger, or maybe a Sourdough Jack.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 12:44:16 PM »
They do make a mean spicy chicken sandwich. I love spicy chicken sandwiches.

I've always gotten that whenever I ate at Wendy's (which at one point was more frequently than Burger King), but ever since I found that huge chunk of inedible meat in the last one I ate, I've stopped eating there.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 12:54:19 PM »
Assessments of all fast food restaurants I've eaten at regularly:

McDonald's: I used to eat here. A lot. I don't eat here much anymore. Their fries taste quite a bit different now than they did before. And not better different. Also, their recent advertisements and one particular choice in spokes"people" have led me far away from McDonald's as of recent.
Burger King: If I feel like a burger, I go here now. Whoppers taste better than McDonald's burger, and with McDonald's ruining their fries, BK has better fries, also.
Wendy's: Meh, I vastly prefer BK. The fries taste odd and the burgers seem overpriced. Never tried their chicken sandwiches. (NOTE: I eat hamburgers with nothing else on them but a meat patty and a bun.)
White Castle: My favorite fast food place. I don't like their burgers at all, though: I only go there for the chicken sandwiches. And they usualy have really good fries when they cook them sufficiently.
Taco Bell: My problem here is that there's almost nothing on the menu I'll eat without butchering the items. I usually order tacos with no meat (just lettuce and cheese), dump the cheese salad on a taco wrapper, and eat that separately, dipping the taco shells in nacho cheese. For some reason, that mix of cheese and lettuce tastes a lot better than it should.
KFC: Meh. If I want to buy overpriced food that's bad for you (like I do a lot), chicken isn't my choice of food. I do like their mashed potatos and potato wedges, though.
Arby's: The only thing I'll eat here is culry fries. And those usually aren't cooked right. Not a fan of Arby's.
Pizza Hut: Ugh. I like the breadsticks, but nothing else. I prefer Papa John's. (NOTE: The "pizza" I order, if you can even call it a pizza, is a cheese pizza without pasta sauce. It's basically melted cheese on bread dough. It's pretty good, actually.)
Subway: Cuts their turkey WAY too thick. I'd much rather go to Jimmy John's (when at college) or a non-chain store I know of (when at home). (NOTE: The sub I order is a turkey sub with lettuce as the only other topping.)
Long John Silver's: Went there ONCE. The food took an hour and a half to make. And it wasn't that good. Never again.
Sonic: Went there once. Can't remember much about it. I think it was pretty good.

I've heard of both In 'N' Out and Jack-in-the-Box, but never been to either. I've heard that the former is really good, though.
~I.S.~

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 02:43:05 PM »
Big reply coming...NOW!

Meet Insane Steve, the plain, dry man who just needs the basics.

OK, my oblong list that only I could ever come up with!

McDonald's: I am a burger junkie. I HEART BURGERS. Their burgers are good, especially the quarter pounder. For people who do not like them, at least get he fries, even though they have changed for the worse (like I.S. said, they tasted better before they changed them. Mr.Melee's choice: Quarter Pounder, Large Fries.

Burger King: Haven't visited here in years. The fries suck IMO. Too mushy to be called fries instead of rectangular prismy potatoes. I liked the pies.

Waffle house: My favorite restaurant. Great waffles and breakfast (hashbrowns, anybody?) and great burgers (don't forget the onions! :). Mr.Melee's choice: Breakfast: Waffle with a  side of double hashbrowns scattered and chunked (cheese and ham). Lunch/Dinner: Burger w/ cheese, ketchup, mustard, onions, and pickles (possibly mayo), double order of hasbrowns scattered and chunked, a Vanilla Coke :D.

White Castle: I love White Castle. It's the only place where I can eat 6 gurgers and not topple over in major chest pain/ heart attack. I like the fries, I guess. Mr.Melee's choice: 6 slyders with ketchup, of course, and my dad and I split a bag of fries and an order of onion rings.

Wendy's: Come on. What's wrong with these dry square burgers, other than the dry? I say that they have pretty good burgers. The fries are alright. In the words of my father: get a Wendy's sandwich and get McDonald's' fries. Mr.Melee's choice:  Classic Double, fries.

Subway: I enjoy going there. It's awesome that you can make your own sandwich that owns. Mr.Melee's choice: Foot long turkey on Italian (it's really white :P) with American cheese, lettuce, and mayo, along with a Big Grab of BBQ Lay's.

Arby's: Great sandwich's and curly fries. Great sauces, too. Mr.Melee's choice: Giant Roast Beef with Arby's Sauce, curly fries.

Taco Bell: Great American take on Mexican food (Taco Bell is not real Mexican). BP, they're Crunchwrap Supremes, and I love them. Also, this is the only place to get the great Mountain Dew Baja Blast!!! :D That's really the only reason to come. Mr.Melee's choice: Crunchwrap Supreme meal w/ soft taco and of course a Baja blast.

KFC: I've never had a problem with their very good chicken. And the biscuits. Biiiiiiiscuits. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Mr.Melee's choice: Popcorn chicken, mashed potatoes, and lots of biscuits (4).

Majic Wok: How can you not mention a place like this? Mr.Melee's choice: I always get a chicken rice bowl and two egg rolls :D.

Pizza: I very much enjoy pizza. The best commercial place I know of is East of Chicago (mmmmm, deep dish all the way! :D). The best pizza in the world can only be found where I live, which I withhold for privacy reasons. However, it is the best pizza in the world, no doubts. I can, however, say which place I dislike, called Little Caesar's. Worst...Pizza...ever. Sauce stinks. The only good thing is the crust and the Crazy Bread, which I enjoy.

Ice Cream: This should be considered fast food. Ice cream ROXORS. MY top three list is: 3. Baskin Robbins. Great hard serve, which is the best kind of ice cream. Mr.Melee's choice: I usually always get something different every time). 2. Dairy Queen. Soft serve with a twist. It's a very good ice cream place. Mr.Melee's choice: A Brownie Blast Blizzard, or anything chocolate. I AM A CHOCOHOLIC! :D :D. 1. Cold Stone Creamery. BEST...ICE CREAM...EVER! Absolutely amazing place. Lot's of decisions and lot's of chocolate decisions :D. I just wish there were a size in between Like It or Love It; I don't think the Like It is big enough, but I kind of think the Love It is too big :P. Mr.Melee's choice: Chocolate Devotion in a Love It size bowl.

This has been my incredibly long post of the fast food places I like. You would probably be surprised to know that I do not eat out frequently, rather, once a week. I guess I'm the only with both dial-up and the skill to memorize what I always get at any given fast food restaurant. Thank you for reading this, as you must possess the time and attention span.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 03:04:48 PM »
I don't really eat fast food because it makes me break out or it's unhealthy or whatever.  However, I DO eat fast food from the following places, rarely:

In-N-Out
Subway
Chipotle

I only think In-N-Out counts, and I order protein style, because I'm weird.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print