Print

Author Topic: Big, Long, Rivalries  (Read 17144 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007, 09:29:21 AM »
Uh, the real Hardys are "professional" wrestlers. I don't even know if she's want to win the title.

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 01:12:25 AM »
"professional" wrestlers
I think it'd make more sense to put quotes around "wrestlers" since that's the part that's really under question.  Nobody's arguing they don't make money off what they do.

Grammar Nazis vs. Grammar Jews
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007, 02:09:22 AM »
Isn't that grammar genocide? Anyway...

Red sauce vs. white sauce
Heroes vs. villains
X vs. Q (for difficulty in acronyms)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2007, 04:07:48 AM »
My first name is Roman, my middle name is Hebrew, and my last name is German. My middle name is commonly not seen at all, and if it is, it's usually reduced down to a mere initial. The Hebrew genocide by the Romans and Germans lives on. :(
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007, 10:03:24 AM »
Marvel vs. Capcom
Braces vs. Retainers
Cats vs. Dogs
Kongs vs. Kremlings
Spy vs. Spy

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2007, 11:00:09 AM »
Wow, I didn't even know about the Jewish-Roman wars until now. It's something we never covered in World History. Although it can also be considered a rebellion, the outcome is pretty bad...

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2007, 01:49:16 PM »
The Sunnis vs. the Shiites (but I'm a Sunni and I get along with Shiites just fine. But this is in general)

Paris Hilton vs. Nicole Richie (it's over now, reportedly)

UCLA vs. USC
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2007, 02:33:33 PM »
Pt_peach: I intend to read "The Kite Flier," which should shed some light on that confusing topic.

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2007, 03:10:55 PM »
Which confusing topic? The Sunni's and Shiites? It's actually quite clear to me.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2007, 03:20:39 PM »
Confusing for me, anyway.

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2007, 04:25:49 PM »
Well, when the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) died, there was an argument over who was the next ruler. Half the people thought to elect his best friend, Abu Bakr, who was very knowledgeable as the leader while the other half wanted his son-in-law Ali (RA) to be the ruler, because he was married to the Prophets daughter Fatimah. The Muslims were split. The Shiite's also have different religious views than the Sunni's. The Shiites felt that the rulers of Islam should stay on the bloodline. However, Sunni's do not believe in this, as voting is encouraged in the Shariah (Islamic law) when choosing leaders. Sunni's do not think that rulers should be appointed due to the bloodline. They Shiites pray differently than the Sunni's, too. They also have other festivals that the Sunni's do not celebrate, like the Prophet's birthday.

So you see? This entire disagreement is because Ali wasn't chosen to be the first Kalifah (even though he was the 3rd Kalifah, after Omar (RA))

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2007, 04:41:02 PM »
Coke vs Pepsi
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2007, 05:18:34 PM »
SB, Coke vs Pepsi has already been said.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2007, 06:06:26 PM »
Pepsi vs Coke...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2007, 06:22:50 PM »
Diet Coke vs Diet Pepsi
Either way, we're stuck with one nasty beverage.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print