Print

Author Topic: The Mario Brothers: 01 The Mystery of the Mushrooms  (Read 1805 times)

« on: December 11, 2001, 08:31:35 PM »
This is a sort of parody on mystery books like The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. I like those books, and wonder why Mario and Luigi have never had their own mystery stories.

Chapter 1: The Kidnapped Toad

Mario Mario and Luigi Mario are well known for their ability to trounce and toss turtles, but few people know that they also are the top detectives in the Mushroom Kingdom. They had solved many mysteries, including a mystery involving cookies that were stolen from Yoshi. Surprisingly, it turned out the thief wasn't Bowser, but Tatanga, who was mistook the flower cookies for suns and stole them to bring daylight to his planet. People loved their sleuthing abilities so much that they eventually started their own Mario Bros. Detective Agency. The whole kingdom celebrated with a huge cake.

Luigi took a bite of cake. "This tastes bland. It needs more. . . I don't know what it needs."

"All I know," Mario said, "is that it has more than enough icing, so that can't be it!"

"Hmm. Aha! It needs more mushrooms."

"But we have no mushrooms, Luigi! What'll we do??"

Daisy walked up to the brothers. "Don't worry! I have a Cellular Shopper! I'll buy you some mushrooms from Toad's Trading Post!"

Daisy was Luigi's girlfriend, and a very beautiful one at that. Mario prefered his own Peach, though, because she was a native Mushroomer. Both the brunette Daisy and the blonde Peach had won many beauty contests in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Daisy called Toad and asked for some mushrooms to be delivered right away. "We will provide you with the money when you arrive."

The brothers waited eagerly for the mushrooms. Five minutes passed. No Toad. Ten minutes passed and still no Toad. They passed the time by playing Rock, Paper, Mario. Mario chose Peach and Luigi chose Bowser.

"Hey, you cheated!" Mario shouted.

"No, I didn't!" Luigi retorted. They got in such a big argument that they temporarily forgot about their incoming delivery. Eventually, however, even Daisy was worried. "Mario, Luigi," she said, "something seems to be amiss about Toad not being here. You investigate."

The brothers departed, but not without first having their cake, because, as Mario sighed, "Even bland cake is better than no cake!" They walked towards Toad's shop. They found three sets of footprints crossing each other. One set was instantly verified to be Toad's prints leading out of the shop. The other two sets were long and thin and lead away from the shop. There were signs of struggling in Toad's set.

"Toad's been kidnapped!" Luigi screamed his loudest scream ever. Not even while searching for Mario in his mansion had he ever screamed that loud.

"Yes, but who did it?" Mario wondered aloud. They traced the prints on paper and took them to their new headquarters. They were compared to all the prints there. After about five minutes they identified the culprits.

"Wario and Waluigi!" </end of chapter>

----------
Buzz (counting the kids in the car): 11, 92, 12, . . .
Mom: Buzz, stop being a moron.

Edited by - Anonymous Mario Fan on 12/11/2001 6:50:55 PM
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2001, 05:29:01 PM »
Wow, did this story totally bomb. Even Yoshi's Safari didn't bomb as badly as this.

----------
Buzz (counting the kids in the car): 11, 92, 12, . . .
Mom: Buzz, stop being a moron.
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

Print