Poll

How is your Wii set up?

On its side
On the stand
Print

Author Topic: How did you set up your Wii  (Read 6091 times)

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:59:13 AM »
This is an odd question since I don't even have a Wii...  Did you set up your Wii on its side, or on the little stand thing?  All my friends have it on the stand, but when I get one I think I'll set it on its side.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:25:57 AM »
I put it on it's stand. I have no idea why, I guess I just prefer it that way. It looks cool like that anyways, but putting it on it's side would look pretty awesome as well.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 09:01:24 AM »
I put my Wii on it's stand. I don't have any reason why, just because. Also, I'd most likely lose the stand if I didn't.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 12:26:43 PM »
Mine's in the stand, probably because that's the only way that I have room for it, and because that's the way it looked in all then press conferences and stuff when I was drooling over it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 01:01:47 PM »
On the stand. It looks like it takes up less space, there might not be enough room for my SNES or N64 if it were on its side, and it just plain looks cooler this way.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
On the stand, but question:

By "side" do you mean so that the disc slot is horizontal? Because I think on the stand, it's still technically on its "side". The "bottom" is the "side" with the four little nubs for setting it down on something. Putting the Wii vertical without the stand, as your first option may mean, would be very dangerous for tipping over reasons.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 01:12:21 PM »
I have it flat on top of my TV.  However, when I brought it to my parents' house, I did indeed put it vertical, but in the bottom corner of the shelf where the TV was; tipping over wasn't a possibility.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 03:16:49 PM »
I have it on the stand. That way I'm able to keep it outside the TV stand.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 07:07:35 PM »
I have it on the stand, and I also used that little plastic disc that attaches to the stand.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 07:37:27 PM »
Usually, mine is on its side for storage reasons. But when we have company, it shines in full glory within its stand.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 03:38:33 AM »
Aw, isn't that cute.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 04:18:51 PM »
I have it on the stand at home, but there's no room for it in the wii bag, so I put it horizontally whenever I take it anywhere
That disc is for the stand? I never knew that, I thought it was some crazy wall mount for the sensor bar...
I should get that sometime...
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 01:27:09 AM »
The disc helps keep it from tipping over--it sounds like a ridiculous precaution, but not when you're using GC controllers with cords. Use that disc.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 03:27:56 AM »
I prefer to call it the "stand stand."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 08:34:24 AM »
I've set up my Wii with its stand and the "stand's stand." I mean, it doesn't look as cool without the console stand, and it works better on my book shelf (now a video games-only shelf, where my Wii, NES, and assorted games and accessories are).
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print