Poll

What Wii Virtual Console games have you downloaded?

Wario's Woods
8 (3.4%)
Solomon's Key
3 (1.3%)
Soccer
1 (0.4%)
Sim City
3 (1.3%)
Pinball
1 (0.4%)
Mario Bros.
8 (3.4%)
Donkey Kong
5 (2.1%)
The Legend of Zelda
10 (4.3%)
Super Mario 64
10 (4.3%)
Altered Beast
1 (0.4%)
Sonic The Hedgehog
5 (2.1%)
F-Zero
5 (2.1%)
Bonk's Adventure
7 (3%)
Bomberman '93
4 (1.7%)
Super Star Soldier
4 (1.7%)
Golden Axe
1 (0.4%)
Ecco the Dolphin
2 (0.9%)
Victory Run
1 (0.4%)
Ristar
2 (0.9%)
Donkey Kong Jr.
3 (1.3%)
Columns
2 (0.9%)
Ice Hockey
1 (0.4%)
Gunstar Heroes
7 (3%)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean
3 (1.3%)
Alien Crush
1 (0.4%)
Tennis
1 (0.4%)
Space Harrier II
1 (0.4%)
Military Madness
1 (0.4%)
ToeJam & Earl
3 (1.3%)
Super Mario Bros.
11 (4.7%)
Super Castlevania IV
2 (0.9%)
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
1 (0.4%)
R-TYPE
2 (0.9%)
Urban Champion
3 (1.3%)
Baseball
1 (0.4%)
Soldier Blade
2 (0.9%)
Gradius
2 (0.9%)
Dungeon Explorer
3 (1.3%)
Xevious
2 (0.9%)
R-TYPE III: THE THIRD LIGHTING
2 (0.9%)
Moto Roader
1 (0.4%)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
6 (2.6%)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
12 (5.1%)
Contra III: The Alien Wars
2 (0.9%)
Comix Zone
2 (0.9%)
Bonanza Bros.
1 (0.4%)
VIGILANTE
1 (0.4%)
Super Mario World (SNES)
7 (3%)
Gain Ground
1 (0.4%)
Ice Climbers
2 (0.9%)
Kid Icarus (NES)
5 (2.1%)
Kirby's Adventure (NES)
7 (3%)
The Legend of Kage
1 (0.4%)
Streets of Rage
1 (0.4%)
New Adventure Island
3 (1.3%)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
4 (1.7%)
Bio-Hazard Battle (GEN)
1 (0.4%)
Chew Man Fu (TG16)
2 (0.9%)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
9 (3.8%)
Elevator Action (NES)
2 (0.9%)
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts (SNES)
2 (0.9%)
Sword of Vermillion (GEN)
1 (0.4%)
Beyond Oasis
2 (0.9%)
Excitebike (NES)
2 (0.9%)
SPLATTERHOUSE
2 (0.9%)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire
1 (0.4%)
StarFox 64 (N64)
5 (2.1%)
TMNT
3 (1.3%)
Dragon Curse
2 (0.9%)
Galaga (NES)
2 (0.9%)
Bravoman (TG16)
1 (0.4%)
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle (GEN)
1 (0.4%)
Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES)
2 (0.9%)
Virtua Fighter 2 (GEN)
1 (0.4%)
Bonk's Revenge (TG16)
3 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Print

Author Topic: Wii Virtual Console games  (Read 13828 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2007, 12:31:59 PM »
I'm nearly out of blocks and channels now.
Does anyone know what the purpose is of the 48 channel limit? Was it arbitrarily coded like that or is there a hardware problem requiring that? Either way, I'm curious.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2007, 09:47:04 PM »
Well, if you have a computer and an SD card, then your possible amount of channels is basically endless... just you can only have 48 at one given time, on the Wii. Am I right?
Mr.Melee: Don't know if LoZ will give you experience for OoT. Maybe it's just with me, but the 2-D titles play completely differently from the 3-D ones. I suck at the 2-D ones and find the 3-D ones much easier. You DEFINITELY MUST play and beat OoT before you play TP. TP has too many... I don't know... for you to play it before OoT. That's just my opinion. Both are great.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 05:05:38 AM »
I'm nearly out of blocks and channels now.

You could just erase the games that you have completed and don't expect to play again for a while. You can still redownload them again later.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2007, 12:48:01 PM »
How do I do that? I'm pressed for room myself.

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2007, 03:13:24 PM »
Maybe it's just with me, but the 2-D titles play completely differently from the 3-D ones. I suck at the 2-D ones and find the 3-D ones much easier. You DEFINITELY MUST play and beat OoT before you play TP. TP has too many... I don't know... for you to play it before OoT. That's just my opinion. Both are great.

It's not just you. I don't particularly care for the 2D Zeldas (except for Link's Awakening) so all I play is 3D Zelda. I have a right to not like them. They feel all clunky and weird compared to the 3D ones.

Anyway, I agree. Play OoT before you play TP. Both are great games, but OoT is the perfect warm up for TP. You might play some Wind Waker, too, before TP, for storyline purposes.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2007, 09:20:46 PM »
I got Soldier Blade the other day and have now played all the VC flying shooters.  IMO Soldier Blade is better than all of the others. R-Type III is the best side scrolling flying shooter though. Now I just want more platformers. Where's my SMB3, MegaMan 2, and DuckTales? More Bonk would be cool too.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2007, 09:10:30 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I was wondering which of the glut of VC shmups to get next and it looks like it'll be Soldier Blade!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2007, 09:33:11 PM »
More Bonk would be cool too.
Just in case you didn't know, I'm pretty sure that Japan has Bonk's Revenge and the third one (I can't remember what it's called).

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2007, 08:28:49 PM »
I added this week's one new game.  I think we'll probably see Vectorman and Zelda II soon.  I'm still hoping for MegaMan 2 and Ducktales too.  After Mock Rock and I get my PC fixed I plan to do more in-depth reviews for all my VC titles.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 08:32:30 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2007, 09:50:59 PM »
I finally picked up SMB.

Tpyo alert - it should be ToeJam & Earl

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2007, 04:13:22 PM »
I don't particularly care for the 2D Zeldas (except for Link's Awakening) so all I play is 3D Zelda. I have a right to not like them. They feel all clunky and weird compared to the 3D ones.

Well, mister, I just beat Link to the Past today, and I can tell you that it was a fantastic game. But then, I do recall quite a bit of frustration over the controls... Seriously, though, how could you not like a game with such ingenious puzzle design? The dungeons in this game (and there were quite a few of them) were incredible, for the most part.

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »
Whoops! I can't believe I forgot about LttP.

Actually wait.. Yes, I can believe it. I wasn't a big Zelda fan until the N64 era, but then went back to play the other games, sort of going in reverse order.. I started with OoT, then played Link's Awakening, then went back some more and played Zelda and Zelda 2, then Majora's Mask (which I hated with a passion. Why do so many people like MM?)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2007, 08:10:45 PM »
Majora's Mask is a good follow-up to Ocarina of Time, showing what the Hero of Time went on to do, which, in sort of a backwards sense, explains where he was when the terribility transpired in Hyrule in the opening story of The Wind Waker.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2007, 08:55:44 PM »
I finally picked up SMB.

Tpyo alert - it should be ToeJam & Earl
Ah ha ha.  I fixed my typo yesterday, but totally missed Lizard Dude's "Tpyo". 

Anyway, TLoZ:ALttP is my fav 2D Zelda.  It's to hard too rank the next few 2D Zeldas, but I know they include Link's Awakening and Four Swords Adventures.

Ocarina is still my favorite 3D Zelda.  I like it better than TP in many ways. 

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2007, 05:27:59 AM »
I thought the tpyo was deliberate. As is this one.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print