Print

Author Topic: Idea for New Mario Game  (Read 15516 times)

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 05:29:11 PM »
I know what you mean but I actually mean The 64 plot on wii.
Anything you can do I can do better.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 05:39:42 PM »
Nobody needs that, because the N64 game has the same plot as all the old Mario games. Peach gets captured by Bowser, blah blah blah, and you have to save her, blah blah blah.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 05:48:23 PM »
I know what you mean but I actually mean The 64 plot on wii.
Yes. You can get that by buying SM64 on the VC.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 10:19:19 PM »
As I stated earlier, this game would be unique.  When have you had such a long list of characters and since when has any Mario Adventure game allowed a 4 player coop?
Go Vols!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 10:43:32 PM »
Since when has any one needed it?
That was a joke.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »
Fact is everyone I know though Sunshine was terrible and that Mario games had become babyish.  A lot of people consider the original NES ones to be the best.  Why?  Because they took you to many different worlds and had many creative ideas.  Galaxy has brought some of that back but people still criticize the storyline as childish at times.  A lot of people also liked playing the 2 player modes on SMB 3, especially that POW stage. 

With todays technology and the camera angles, you could make a game fit multiple players.  You could created a 3D game but have it where the players do not have to wander off and force the camera to move.  (Maybe make it one stage/area at a time). 
Go Vols!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 05:28:19 PM »
So, did they even play the game?
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 07:33:41 PM »
Why is what non-Mario fans think important?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 12:52:41 PM »
Why is what non-Mario fans think important?

They are Mario fans.  In case you haven't noticed about 60-70% of Mario fans jumped ship about the time of Gamecube.  Look at the sells to prove it

SMB 3 sold about 30 million copies

Sunshine had about 1-2 million copies

That is a large jump off of the fanbase.  Clearly the older games had something that the newer games haven't had.  (I noticed Galaxy is addressing many of these problems.  Galaxy at times reminds me of the old Mario Brothers.  It is the best 3D Mario game so far... I really didn't think 64 was bad at all either but a large group jumped ship at that time as well). 
Go Vols!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »
When I have people come over now, a lot of times they would rather play the old NES originals or Super Mario World rather then the new Mario games.  Although, I have gotten some people interested in Galaxy and they said it kind of reminded them of the old games.  (I had to beg them to get through the start though with the bunny chasing scene, etc.  It is baby stuff like that that turns people off to the newer Mario Games). 
Go Vols!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 05:57:09 PM »
And so, you're going to make a good game that reminds people of the old ones by making it "entirely different" from all of them?

Witness! Your testimony is riddled with holes!
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 06:56:56 PM »
They just need to bring back Mario's SMB3 look. I'd also like to see so,e vegetables. I just don't want them to make a whole game about it.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 09:19:20 PM »
And so, you're going to make a good game that reminds people of the old ones by making it "entirely different" from all of them?

Witness! Your testimony is riddled with holes!

How would my idea be totally different?  It brings back a lot of the old school characters and brings back the old go from Grass World to Desert World to Giant World to Ice World etc. 
Go Vols!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 10:44:07 PM »
Did you ever play Super Mario Galaxy, by any chance?
That was a joke.

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »
yes I own it and have gotton far
Anything you can do I can do better.

Print