WiFi USB Connector
1 (20%)
New Game
1 (20%)
A New Remote
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Print

Author Topic: What Wii Accessory should I get?  (Read 6420 times)

Matty_G33

• Banned
« on: April 30, 2007, 10:48:05 PM »
Now I have a problem. There is some stuff I want for the Wii. But seeing I live in New Zealand, the currency is not worth a lot, and almost everything looks expensive. Here is what I planning on getting:

Nyko Wireless Sensor Bar - $52.95 - It is chunky and says it can read the Remotes from 25ft
Classic Controller - $50 - I need to know if it works if you are playing GameCube Games
USB Connector - $?? - I will have to order one from EB and wait, does this work on XP Laptops?
A new game - around $109.99 - this is risky, games here aren't cheap - tell me a good game.
New Remote - $100, extra $10 if getting Wii Play - Got two, need another?

Info, some need and some for ya:

How far does the normal sensor bar go?

I have WiiSports, Zelda, and Redsteel. My Cube games are SSBM and MP2:E. I have 2 Remotes and 2 Nunchuks.

I do not have Virtual Console Games.

Does the WiFi USB Connector run on any XP Laptop?

Does the Classic Controller operate if you play GameCube Games other than VC Games?

Should I trust the Wireless Sensor Bar made from Nyko?

No, I cannot get official Nintendo SD cards around my local EB Games Store.

What's a fun Wii Game I can get?

Help me!
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:00:29 AM »
I think you need to get a better currency before thinking about anything else for your Wii.

Seriously though, those things are all so expensive. Most of those things cost half (if not less) than that here in the states. A classic controller is nice, but if you have a Gamecube controller I really don't see the point, unless you feel uncomfortable playing a VC game on the GCN controller.

You currently have all the games I have (well, I don't have Red Steel). I hear Warioware: Smooth Moves was really good, maybe you should consider that one (I THINK it was released there...).

The USB connector should work on any computer that runs XP.

That's pretty much all the help I can give.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 12:03:36 AM »
1. Why?
2. If you have a GC controller and thus far no VC games that require it, why?
3. Well, if it were hooked up to the Internet and had a USB posrt, then why wouldn't it work?
4. Got Super Paper Mario?
5. Have any multiplayer games that require more than one remote that you'd play often? If not, why?

The normal sensor bar is just fine--it's official for a reason. You cannot get better stuff for a Nintendo system than the official stuff with that seal on it.  Wireless? WHY-reless! The Wii, TV and sensor bar aren't going anywhere, are they? If they were, why would you need a wireless sensor bar? Also, any source of light works... a pair of candles will work as a makeshift sensor bar without a problem in the event the one in the box explodes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 03:53:41 AM »
To the first reply: The currency of NZ only uses NZ money...it;s easy to figure out. The US dollar is worth more and you probably have to work more to get it. That makes US and NZ currency fair. I have 3 GCN controllers, and I was just asking if the classic controller works with GCN games.

To the second reply: 1. I think that cord is annoying, as my Wii is transfered from TV to TV, and I am fed up with the wire. 2. Just asking, dude. 3. I heard somebody whining about the USB WiFi Connector won't work on a laptop. 4. No, NZ and Austrailia has major delays compared to the US. It's an RPG. I'm not a big fan of them. 5. I only got Wii Sports as the only 1-4 multiplayer game, thus making the remote only decent for that game, while playing tennis (you can pass the remote in two others).
I don't use candles, and the couches are far apart from the TV. It would be nice to play Twlight Princess, Red Steel and MP3 (when it comes out, which will be a LONG time).

So guys, give me more desicions (don't say move the couch, it makes the layout crappy)!

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 12:54:56 PM »
To the first reply: The currency of NZ only uses NZ money...it;s easy to figure out.

The first sentence in my reply was pretty much a joke, hence the "seriously" seque in the second paragraph.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 01:02:13 PM »
The Classic controller doesn't work with GCN games, much to my disappointment. The classic controller is a great controller.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 01:35:48 PM »
"Official Nintendo SD Cards" are exactly the same as normal SanDisk SD cards, because SanDisk makes them, and they just make white casing for them and stickers that say "for Wii" on them.
I too do not see any need for a "wireless" sensor bar. All it is is a battery-powered infrared beacon, exactly the same as a normal sensor bar except it doesn't get its tiny amount of power from the Wii. So I don't know what to tell you if you can't stand the (incredibly long) cord that comes with the normal sensor bar. (My point being that it can't "read" the remotes either way since the remotes are the ones doing the reading.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 01:37:23 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 08:58:41 PM »
If you don't have any other WiFi connection available the USB connector may be a good option, but will require your computer to be on while using it.  It doesn't have to be the official Nintendo one though.  If you download VC games you'll need the classic controller or a GCN controller for some.  I prefer the CC when needed, but the GCN controllers will work fine.  Instead of batteries I suggest the Nyko charge station if available.  The rechargeable batteries come with a grip for the back that I use instead of the straps.  The games depend on what you like, but my favs are:

Kororinpa: Marble Mania - Tight control, simple pickup gameplay, and a reduced price.  What's more to like?  Well, more levels.
Super Paper Mario - Better than I expected which is saying a lot. 
Warioware Smooth Moves - Of course this is the best micro game collection on Wii.
Wii Sports - Does it come with your Wii?  If not it's a must buy.
Excite Truck - Excite is an understatement, but maybe that's because I drink Monster Khaos while playing. Tilt steering for the win.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 11:08:54 PM »
What did I say? Super Paper Mario isn't out in NZ! I could order, but it would be NTSC. NZ uses PAL.

I will get an SD card soon...but I think I'll get a Wireless Sensor Bar or a USB connector, and that's semi-final.

I guess you guys don't know what situation I am in with the sensor bar. The cord is very thin and could break, it moves the bar, and the couch is on a angle, so I plan to put a wireless sensor bar on my table near the couch so I don't have to move anything like chairs in front of the TV, I can sit down on the couch and play Zelda...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 02:27:24 PM »
On your table? Um, I don't think it will work right unless you have it mounted at the same place your TV is. I don't see how your cord is going to break unless you like chew on it or something.
I haven't needed an SD card yet, and haven't used one with Wii even though I own a couple.
That was a joke.

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 10:45:52 PM »
I edited a picture with the Photo Channel...it was hilarious!

Now, what if I got a DS game? I got MKDS, SM64DS, Y:TG, NSMB, WW:T, M%L:PiT, MPH, SFC, and recently got March of the Minis.

Tell me a decent game that I should get (Not a third party one, I got Goldeneye Rouge Agent and it sucked, then I never trusted those third party)(Diamond and Pearl aren't released yet)

If you are wondering, it's $80 for a new game or one that is pretty good.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 12:50:13 AM »
I still wouldn't get the sensor bar if I were you. I'm confident that the regular one will work from pretty danged far away, and the thin cord should withstand plenty of damage. There should have been adhesive things included to stick it down if necessary, so if it gets moved to easily...
Well, whatever floats your boat, you know? Seeing that new DS games are $80 over there, the currency would be roughly 1:2 (A new, decent DS game here is $35). $25 for a sensor bar? No way, I'd make one out of Christmas lights first. But, that's what floats my boat.
...I SHOULD make a holiday sensor bar using Christmas Lights for use in December. One light would be green and the other, red, with, I dunno, Santa... I could start it in wood shop and add the lights here at home...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 02:17:14 AM »
You people really don't know what situation I'm in

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 03:33:56 AM »
Well then it's a good thing you asked us for advice on your problem!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 11:30:40 AM »
Sensor bars won't freakin' work right if they're not on the TV.
That was a joke.

Print