Print

Author Topic: mario online  (Read 2501 times)

« on: July 09, 2007, 09:04:18 AM »
Im going to try and work on a huge online mario game where you can play as the NPCs of mario like Toads, Koopas, goombas and shy guys once I get flash but im planning ahead. In it Im trying to make you able tyo go all over the mario world in a 3Dish/2Dish
style. Could anyone help me find some NPCs that i might be able to use?(P.S. no charectars like DK, luigi and stuff like that)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 02:54:47 PM »
I sure hope you realize that getting Flash will not suddenly enable you to make online games. I've had Flash for two years, and haven't managed anything better than a 16-microgame version of WarioWare.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:56:57 PM »
I know, i meant that i am starting it and im planning ahead.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 12:26:01 PM »
Well, then remember you'll need a server and either a purchased multiplayer program for it or a whole lot of experience with server-side scripts. What you want is not impossible, it's just unfeasible with your level of experience. Planning like this is like building a house for someone you intend to marry. By the time you're finished, they'll be married (analogy taken from an American short story I can't remember).

Print