Print

Author Topic: Would Wario Ware be truly tied to Mario's world?  (Read 10324 times)

« on: May 08, 2007, 12:34:03 PM »
Aside from Wario starting off as a Mario character, he gets his own company in Diamond City. Would Diamond City be a part of the Mushroom Kingdom or something? Just hidden well?

Now how do you think it would be if the Wario Ware characters met the Mario crew?

Mona: Would probably try to best Peach and Daisy at everything
9-Volt & 18-Volt: Get all crazy for Mario and everything else around the place

Not sure about the others. You can fill in on them.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »
I've often thought about any possible relation between Diamond City and the Mushroom Kingdom. However, I haven't been able to find any relations.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 03:32:20 PM »
If anything, I doubt the Wario Ware World will ever tie in with the Mushroom Kingdom outside of a spin-off.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 03:46:44 PM »
Well, I suppose it's obvious there's a connection (Meaning way to get two either of them by travelling a distance.) between the two, but I highly doubt it's in the Mushroom Kingdom, in fact, I'm about as sure it gets. I'm pretty sure the whole thing on "Mario vs. Wario" ended, meaning there is no real reason for anyone to travel between the two unless that little spark was wanted to be raised again.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 04:53:06 PM »
It does.

Diamond City was a racetrack in Mario Kart Arcade GP, proving that it exists in Mario's world
I'll think of a better signature later!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 06:03:20 PM »
I wouldn't consider Mario Kart Arcade GP to be canon. Though none of the Mario Kart games are necessarily canonical...
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 07:29:11 PM »
The Mario Kart games usually take place after the last canon Mario game..

Super Mario Kart had locations and characters based off of everything up to Super Mario World.

Mario Kart 64 had everything up to Super Mario 64 (I think that was the last one released before MK64..)

Mario Kart Super Circuit had.. well, it was a revisitation to what made SMK great, while throwing in ideas that were in the second game (and a few ideas of its own).

Mario Kart Double Dash had everything up to Super Mario Sunshine (and two riders per kart. Whee!)

Mario Kart DS had everything up to.. it, too was a remix of all things Kart, while introducing new ideas.

I haven't played Mario Kart Arcade, but I usually consider the MK games to be somewhat canon, since they show locations of things (ie: in MK64, Mushroom Castle proximity to the Royal Raceway..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 01:52:03 PM »
In general., the Mario spinoffs are like huge crossovers of everything in the main Mario games that came before them. I can't tell you how much the stuff that was referenced in Mario Party 1 made me want another Super Mario 64.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 10:12:54 AM »
I don't see why Diamond City wouldn't be part of the Mushroom Kingdom... can someone explain to me why it's so obvious that it's not part of it?

And even if it were in a different land, it could still be on the same planet, y'know?

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 11:28:14 AM »
I believe they are all on the same planet, but in different areas. Megabyte had this cool Mario universe picture he put together from a uk mario site, but I believe that was before Diamond City was invented. Why couldn't Mario travel to Diamond City via warp pipes? It's possible.

This raises another question: With all these landforms, what's the name of the planet Mario and friends live on?
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
In the more n00bier fan communities, such as Lemmy's Land, they call it "Plit". Personally I think that's a dumb name. I usually just refer to it as "Mushroom Earth". Maybe "Marioworld" would be a good name.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 04:03:50 PM »
Mario's planet may or may not be, but looks very much like, Earth. In Super Paper Mario, when Mario bounces high off the cloud, you can see an Earth-esque planet. The Mario characters also share the same planet as the Pikmin characters, whose planet also looks a lot like Earth.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 05:52:02 PM »
The Mario characters also share the same planet as the Pikmin characters, whose planet also looks a lot like Earth.

is that assumed or known fact?
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 06:10:38 PM »
In Mario Golf; Toadstool Tour, if you hit the ball into a flower patch on a coarse (I forget which one), Pikmin will come flying out.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 07:53:04 PM »
I'm not sure if a simple cameo is to be counted as an actual tie to Pikmin. We don't even know how those Pikmin got there.

Print