Print

Author Topic: It would be awesome if...  (Read 8435 times)

« on: June 21, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
It would be awesome if Nintendo made a sequel to Majoras Mask (with the same time based thing) and with a more complex backstory/current story. Anyone else think so?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 10:07:19 AM »
Well..... what I want for the next Zelda game concerns the same kind of mentality behind MM. I want something off-beat. Very off-beat. I'm thinking an art style that's along the lines of Wind Waker, only weirder, like mixed with the kind of weirdness that only MM has managed to exhibit so far. Try to imagine what it would be like. Heck, they could even bring back pink-haired Link if they have to. Then they could focus on switching up the standard gameplay mechanics of Zelda, just as MM did. By that I mean not just bringing back the whole three-days thing, but come up with something entirely new. Something that they'd never expect.... Something that's only possible on a system like the Wii. Maybe they could also come up with new variations of the classic Zelda tools, or maybe bring back some obscure ones that only appeared in one game even. Imagine the Cane of Somaria in 3D, or the Seed Blaster from OoA making a triumphant return. Lastly, the story would have to be a deviation from the standard, Triforce-Zelda-Ganon shtick, just like MM. If they managed to put all this together in the right way, I'd be rather pleased.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 10:49:53 AM »
Don't forget about playing as a rabbit for the whole game.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 11:34:19 AM »
3-day time limit is lose.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 01:35:57 PM »
Well, Dead Rising is sorta like that. Sorta.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »
C'mon Chupperson, surely you are super l33t enough to complete a dungeon in 72 minutes (actually, 144 if you play the inverted Song of Time). If you aren't... then, am I more super l33t than Chupperson?!
As far as a sequel goes... I'd buy it but I don't see how it would be. The evil within Majora's Mask was destroyed, the Skull Kid returned to normal and enjoyed the festival with Tatl and Tael, the Mask Salesman vanished into thin air, the giants returned to the four corners of Termina, Link went elsewhere, and the credits music played.
The next Zelda game is Phantom Hourglass, so place your faith in that, The Chef. There's a Wii-only Zelda coming up later on though, right?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 04:26:04 PM »
I loved Majora's Mask, but what I also like about Zelda games is that each one has many differences in storyline. :P

I don't think a sequel of Majora itself would be that great.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 12:16:58 AM »
Oh, I can complete the dungeons just fine. The time limit thing is just annoying, is all.
P.S. Hourglass? Time limit, anyone?
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 12:27:08 AM »
People complaining about Majora's Mask always makes me think about Prince of Persia.

Kids are wimps these days. Wimps!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 04:47:44 PM »
The next Zelda game should be controlled by hooking up a DS to the Wii. Link would be indirectly controlled by saying orders into the DS mic and drawing stuff on the touch screen. A second player would control Link's sword and other weapons with the Wiimote, forcing cooperation between the two. And the art style would have to be, like, super-trippy, like Killer 7. Ooh, also, there should be a future world and a prehistory world instead of a light/dark world, and the whole game should be backwards and out of order, like Kill Bill.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 06:20:33 PM »
Glorb seems to know where I'm coming from. :)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »
Glorb, what if there weren't two players to play it? That would get pretty annoying to have to wait for someone else just so you could play a game.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 09:56:07 PM »
Uhh, not a direct sequel, but I would like to see another Zelda game like MM.  The whole "obtain the 3 whatever, then get the Master Sword; and a bigger quest unfolds" story line gets a little tiring after being used so many times
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 12:28:15 AM »
The next Zelda game should be controlled by hooking up a DS to the Wii.
Wait, hold it. Aren't you, Glorb, the one who often says things concerning games taking too much sold-separately stuff? Forcing someone to buy a DS to play a Zelda game on the Wii wouldn't score it very good reviews...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 01:46:35 AM »
Maybe it could have another control scheme that doesn't need a DS.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print