Poll

Have you ever thrown a console controller or handheld system?

Yes
32 (64%)
No
18 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Print

Author Topic: Throwing the controller  (Read 15840 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 12:35:12 AM »
That's not very nice, what If your cat had a Nintendo Logo too?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 12:43:42 AM »
Then I'd throw something else, duh.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 01:01:52 AM »
I've done it before. Most recently, I threw the controller at the system after I lost another game of the Bowser elevator game-thingy (Mario Party 7). Afterwards, I passionately checked the controller to see if it was broken.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 07:48:50 AM »
I usually only get really frustrated when play portable stuff. I feel like I have thrown a GameCube controller before... while it was plugged in, but I'm not sure if that's a real memory. Usually if I get frustrated I just put the game down, or keep playing until I get hungry. Like Mario Hoops, I love the game, but it seemed near impossible to progress through the game on hard mode versus the Final Fantasy team, even then there's the secret "last" stage if I remember correctly.

And on that note, I haven't played the game in a while... maybe it'll be the first when I get another DS.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 09:24:50 AM »
I have never thrown my controllers, instead I grip onto it really tightly during times of frustration.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 09:44:37 AM »
I don't throw controllers.  I cuss when I get frustrated in a video game.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 10:22:06 AM »
I have only once thrown a controller. It was my Sega Genesis, and I think I was playing Sonic. I can't really remember why I did it.

But now I never throw them. I take out my frustration by pounding my fist on the couch. That only happens with Burnout Revenge so far.

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »
Throwing a controller for any reason is bad.  The closest I've come to throwing a controller is probably a tie between when I was sitting on my couch, and gently tossed the controller onto the cushion, but I was messing around with my sister then, and when I was playing a game, and dropped the controller out of shock/annoyance when I lost at the very end.  I was sitting on the floor, though, so it only dropped a few inches.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 05:43:05 PM »
I wonder how many controllers the Angry Video Game Nerd has gone through making his movies...
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »
I used to throw the controller when I was younger.

Like LD, I am a calm gamer with a concern for the preservation of my possessions.

Same with me nowadays. I mash buttons a lot when I'm angry.

I also don't think that all old/arcade games are classics (only some).
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 01:28:42 PM »
Naw, I never throw the controller. If I'm frustrated, I just say a mild swear. Throwing the controller would look bad on my part and could potentially damage the controller.

Except if you were playing with this controller in which case it would come back to you if you threw it.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 03:01:17 PM »
While I'm glad they kept the original design, I think Sony should sell controllers in that style as well.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 03:14:27 PM »
When I was a little tyke, I used to throw the NES controller when Bowser would defeat me... I would get so angry. I never cried though... I just got frustrated.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 03:19:34 PM »
I've never thrown a controller. I have thrown tossed it aside, on my desk, but never across the room or through a wall or at a TV or something like that, no.

Instead, I punch my desk. There's less shrapnel.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:22:07 PM by Sunbun »
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 03:22:32 PM »
I've never thrown a controller. I have thrown it

Print