Poll

Which Installment of the Mario Kart Series Contains your favorite version of Rainbow Road?

Super Mario Kart
4 (7%)
Mario Kart 64
32 (56.1%)
Mario Kart Super Circut
3 (5.3%)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
9 (15.8%)
Mario Kart Arcade GP
0 (0%)
Mario Kart DS
6 (10.5%)
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
0 (0%)
Mario Kart Wii
3 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Rainbow Road  (Read 24326 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« on: December 14, 2007, 10:10:56 PM »
So, the ever reoccurring Rainbow Road stage of the Mario Kart series. Which one is your favorite? Mine is Mario Kart 64's because it wasn't annoyingly difficult, but still a load of fun, and it was quite long.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 10:13:55 PM »
N 64 Version has he best music and the most magical feel to it by far.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:16:40 PM »
My vote goes out to the 64 version.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 10:20:52 PM »
N64 version since it's proboly the most longest and annoyingest (if thats even a word) tracks in the whole series.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 10:22:33 PM »
64, music was awesome, and the length made it awesome.

DD's was fine, but the music was just a remix of the 64 version.

DS's was fine too, but, eh.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »
I liked DD's because of the difficulty level and the music. I don't know what you're talking about, Vid, but only one small portion of that music comes from 64.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 11:17:08 PM »
That's the only good part. The rest of the piece used isn't that great at all.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 11:21:21 PM »
Oh. Well, I liked the whole thing. But whatever, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, right?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 12:04:28 AM »
I never paid much attention to the track layout of the Rainbow Roads, I just accepted that they're the longest and hardest tracks of each Mario Kart game. And if the SNES and N64 versions were any indication, it means they were not my favorite tracks.

For appearance... N64 version looked okay (love the neon Yoshi head), but it just lacked that certain magic. Double Dash version just looks nauseating. DS version looks somewhat interesting, although it looks more like an F-Zero track. Going with the SNES version for appearance. There's just something about seeing all those colored tiles fly by.

Instead, it's the music that makes me determine which Rainbow Road I like best, and here I have to go with the SNES version. The later versions sound too happy and cutesy. The SNES one almost sounded majestic by comparison.

*looks up YouTube video of SNES version* Er... man, the SNES version looks simple... and only 22 seconds to finish one lap? Can't have it all, I guess.
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 12:53:43 AM »
Tied between 64 and Super Circuit, but I think SC wins out by a hair. 64 music does a good job choking me up though and I like the floating neon.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 08:31:01 AM »
I can't totally remember every nuance of every Rainbow Road, but I'd have to say MKDS. They tend to improve with each game...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 04:15:34 PM »
SNES - Really hard, so no.
64 - My favorite. Not to hard, easy to learn power sliding, and lots of shortcuts.
SC - Interesting. My second favorite. It's different, yet awesome.
DD - The thing where you go up in the air is the dumbest thing ever. So no.
DS - Third favorite. Kinda combines DD with 64, but minus the 64 part.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 05:37:08 PM »
Best Rainbow Road Ever: Sonic R's ;)

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 09:29:14 PM »
^Where do all the rainbows go? To somewhere, I don't know. Wherever it is, I want to go.

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 09:37:14 PM »
I like Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road, it's long, and fun.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 03:42:31 PM »
How ironic is it that you colored "Rainbow Road" black?
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 04:50:11 PM »
He could be color-blind... literally (no joke! It's called rod monochromacy! Look it up!)

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 09:14:49 PM »
yes, but it should be clear the code says it's black.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 10:36:51 PM »
Yeah, I know... just couldn't pass up a lame joke.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 07:12:31 AM »
I would have liked SC's Rainbow Road more if I found the game possible to play. I don't know what was so hard about that game, but it was hard. Too hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 07:58:26 AM »
^ It was basically just like the original Super Mario Kart, which meant you raced with an ugly sprite down a short, bland, occasionally twisting track. So, yeah, I didn't like it either, but then again, I never bought it.

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 10:45:20 AM »
I would have to say the 64 version, mostly because it gave me and my cousin ample opportunities to be stupid. Once he discovered how to jump from the top of the hill the start/finish line was to the other side of the course, he would try it pretty much every single time we played.

He only made it a couple times, though, which meant that I'd usually end up with a pretty substantial lead. :P
-Your friendly neighborhood potato.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 11:59:08 AM »
Man. Mario Kart Super Circuit is by far my favorite Mario Kart. Just thought I'd say that since people here don't seem to understand how good it was.
That was a joke.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »
Super Mario Kart: Not one of my particular favorites (it just doesn't seem very exciting), but it's still pretty nice, and difficult without borders.
Mario Kart 64: I don't like this one too much. The visuals are great, but the track is just one long border-guarded straightway with no challenge at all. Then again, I haven't played this one in ages so I might be remembering it wrong.
Mario Kart Super Circuit: It's similar to the one from SMK, but I like this one a bit better because of the added elements like the bouncy borders and falling stars.
Mario Kart Double Dash: This one's my favorite. It has several nice elements like the twisting track, and it's quite a challenge as well.
Mario Kart DS: It's decent, but to me it seems like they focused more on just making it look cool then the course itself.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 09:49:51 PM »
Man. Mario Kart Super Circuit is by far my favorite Mario Kart. Just thought I'd say that since people here don't seem to understand how good it was.
It was a pretty good one, since it was very similar to the original and it had all of the original tracks on it. I enjoy it, but that being said, it's one of the more difficult games of the series.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 09:51:17 PM »
That's part of what makes it good.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 01:22:09 AM »
It also had incredibly tight control and great music.
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 07:59:05 AM »
It took me a while to get used to the Gamecube version, but I liked it.
"it's always the present"

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 12:38:32 PM »
64 version is the best. Super Circuit version is nice, too.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 12:48:52 PM by dżamper »
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 04:00:35 PM »
I like the music on the SNES game, but I like the doubledash stage the best.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 08:39:29 PM »
I didn't mean to say that i didn't like Super Circuit, because I did. I was just trying to say that I would like it more if I found it easier.

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 07:46:06 AM »
mario kart 64
i dont need a reson

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 09:43:45 AM »
2 + 2 = 6

I don't need a reason.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 11:50:36 AM »
When did Arcade GP 2 come out?

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 02:05:22 PM »
WERE there Rainbow Roads in the Arcade GP games? I'm having a hard time believing there is, but then again, I've not played either.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 02:30:19 PM »
When did Arcade GP 2 come out?
Last February.
WERE there Rainbow Roads in the Arcade GP games?
Yes.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 05:32:57 PM »
I vote for mario kart wii, if it has a rainbow road
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 05:37:19 PM »
You can't judge a course before the game comes out. It could turn out to be a perfect circle a few feet in diameter and have music by Hannah Montana. How much would you be willing to vote for it then?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2008, 05:45:20 PM »
It could turn out to be a perfect circle a few feet in diameter and have music by Hannah Montana.
Don't give them any ideas!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2008, 05:52:33 PM »
You can't judge a course before the game comes out. It could turn out to be a perfect circle a few feet in diameter and have music by Hannah Montana. How much would you be willing to vote for it then?
then I won't vote for it, but what are the chances of that happening, really think about it...

Don't give them any ideas!
yeah, what if some nintendo employee found this site...
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 06:51:59 PM »
I'm sure they'd think nothing of it: demand minus licensing costs equals a total not worth making people angry over.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:04:35 PM by Suffix »

Sqrt2

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2008, 06:50:04 AM »
MK64 : Due that awesome (and hard to pull off) shortcut.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 05:14:04 PM »
Well

the SNES's Rainbow road was... annoying. I didn't really like it all that much. Though... there's something about the music that I like, though it's not as nice as the next games' songs.
the N64's brings back a lot of memories of me playing it and schooling my brother. It has really nice music, but the length and lack of variety in the track was rather annoying.
the GBA's music is... what I think anyway, some of the best I've heard in Mario Kart. It's not the same tune from the last two games remixed, it's a whole new tune. The level design, though didn't go uphill... at all... was really nice too, though the walls caused you to jump.
The GCNs is the best graphically, but that's to be expected. Track design was nice, though I'd die on the spiral because I'd try to drift and mess up, causing myself to launch right off...
The DS's was different from others, because it had a loop and... I think a corkscrew... I don't remember. Music was nice, though not as nice as other songs.
And the Arcade's, well, I've never played it. My brother has, and said it's nothing special. I don't know what to think, though.

Music wise, GBA is best. And then GCN. And then a tie between DS and N64. And then SNES
Level Design Wise-  GCN, and then GBA, and then tie between DS N64, and SNES

Overall, I like the GBA  best

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2008, 02:17:29 PM »
I'm very surprised that so many people have voted for the N64 version. In my opinion, it is FAR too easy, because of the star borders around the whole road. In contrast, the SNES version is really challenging in comparison to the N64 one. For the very last track, I anticipate special visuals and music, but also a special challenge. And the N64 doesn't offer the last one, it's just very long. However, its shortcut is still very cool.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »
I dunno, the long track gives the computer players a fair amount of time to catch up to you.
That was a joke.

Sqrt2

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 06:15:50 AM »
And there's always the possibility of you hitting a chomp!
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 11:42:15 AM »
I don't see the Chomps as a very big problem. Of course, I don't want to say that the N64 Rainbow Road is the easiest track of the whole game. However, there are still much harder tracks. For example, Yoshi Valley, also from Special Cup, is much more challenging in my opinion.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 10:42:53 PM »
And I tend to find Banshee Boardwalk even more dangerous than Yoshi Valley!

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2008, 12:05:10 PM »
DD's rainbow road had better visuals, but why does the track have to be sooooooooooooo freeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaking haaaaaaaaaaaard?!?

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2008, 04:17:59 AM »
Just think:  In two months, Mario Kart will be out for the Wii, and this poll will be obsolete!

I voted for Mario Kart 64.  Why?  Shortcuts.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2008, 11:36:10 PM »
I'll have to go with Super Mario Kart's version, the very first Rainbow Road.  I've even got the music on my iPod.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2008, 11:38:31 PM »
I have the most memories with the N64 Rainbow Road, so it wins.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »
I'm gonig to have to go for the SNES Rainbow Road. Most of the other Mario Kart games said "Look, I'm Rainbow Road! You're at the last track of the game!" But the SNES Mario Kart said "I am the Rainbow Road. I will now proceed to destroy you." And then it did.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2008, 07:34:42 PM »
I hate all of them! By the time I get to the end in first place, something always seems to happen like, I get hit by a chain chomp or a shell or something to throw me back a couple of places and I don't end up winning the cup that I spent millions of turns getting the gold and when it's finally right in my face I loose it because of one little weapon that makes me fall off of the narrow roads! Gah!!!!
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2008, 09:47:58 PM »
I hate all of them! By the time I get to the end in first place, something always seems to happen like, I get hit by a chain chomp or a shell or something to throw me back a couple of places and I don't end up winning the cup that I spent millions of turns getting the gold and when it's finally right in my face I loose it because of one little weapon that makes me fall off of the narrow roads! Gah!!!!

In 64, you can't fall off the roads unless you're slick and bounce on an angle that conveniently puts you over. Unless you hit an item that knocked you in the air.
I didn't really like the Rainbow Roads in Double Dash!!, and DS. I kind of think they're overdoing it.
Ditto used Machop!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2008, 12:21:26 AM »
Mario Kart DS wasn't terrible in the way of falling off, but Double Dash's Rainbow Road was completely and obnoxiously perilous.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2008, 07:05:43 AM »
The Rainbow road from Mario Kart DD!!...But you still must see the Rainbow Road of Mario Kart Wii: it's very difficult but also really funny! =)
By the way, it's really beautiful: it's like a rainbow which stays upon the Earth and it has some Super Mario Galaxy characateristics. Then in some parts it's really dinamic (like the one where it moves like water with waves)
In other words, when you'll play on it, you'll surely fly much more than ride! eheheheh! =D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2008, 07:22:37 PM »
That sounds interesting! Unfortunately, I won't be able to try Mario Kart Wii until I get home in mid May.

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »
My parents reserved a copy for me as my birthday present, I can't wait to see this Rainbow Road. =3

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »
Barely anyone has said anything about the DS version,
so I'll go for that because I like the loop-the-loop.
64 was pretty good because of the neon heads, though.
What do Yoshi eggs taste like?

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »
I think the Wii RR was pretty good. The only draw back is that it's not a remix of the N64 RR. Also, I hate it how sometimes my color-blindedness causes me to just drive off the road without me knowing it. It sucks, but it's funny if you saw it happen.

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »
The Wii RR is pretty tough; pure practice gave me the edge on it these days. I like the DS RR for the giant loop; putting Upside-Down ? boxes and bananas made it the perfect ambush (especially on Wi-Fi).   
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2008, 05:15:08 PM »
dude you completely forgot Mario Kart Wii.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2008, 05:18:45 PM »
dude you completely made a poll before Nintendo made Mario Kart Wii.
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2008, 06:37:26 PM »
I selected the 64 version, although Double Dash was a close second.  The music was similar, and the level was a lot more challenging than the N64 track, but it's nowhere near as long or magical.  Where are all the Neon smiles?!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »
SMK- Best rainbow road in terms of just how much it kills you. When you hit a jump wrong just a bit off and it overshoots you because of that Thwomp that was going to be in the way, land on the edge, hop frantically while trying to veer the other way, repeat, and barely make it but keep going, that's what made this the one most awesome one for me. And who can argue with the fresh-out-the-80's techno kinda electric bump song they had going on? Can't beat it! Also when you started to plateau on the power band and were cruising, you'd be getting around quick! ...or any track for that matter on SMK.

MK64- I liked the length, but on the second lap the advertised "2000m" wasn't appealing to me. Sure you can VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE like a motha around the floating star and in some other places, but other than that.... kinda bland, save for the neon faces in case you forget which character you're playing and never see the front of them. Good sense of speed. Fun to avoid Chain Chomps.

MK:SC- Fun, good music, Mario Party 2-3 voiceovers. Brings back the days.

MK:DD- Rainbow Road kinda seemed bland to me, also. Very annoying with drifting the 195º hairpins at times, but fun when you'd almost fall off but get it. It was cool that Mushroom City was under it. The pipe didn't bother me at all. How else would Nintendo elevate you quickly in a Mario game? A pipe, lolol.

MK:DS- Very good rainbow road. I loved DS altogether though.

MKWii- The long tradition of using that little bit of the MK64 rainbow road song was gone now, replaced by part of Good Egg Galaxy, which I doesn't bother me, really. I figure Nintendo was like 'no more 64 bits because we're revolution'   Very fun track, elevating pipe gets replaced with Sling Star (with corresponding sound effect from Galaxy when you enter it and going up in pitch if people behind enter right behind you, or vice versa. Too bad it didn't go with the rainbow road music like galaxy's sling stars did. Slowest feel of any rainbow road. Unless you're boosting somewhere you're crawling and they tried to compensate for how slow it was gonna be by adding all those speed thingies.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2008, 07:13:31 AM »
VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Haha, nicely done.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2008, 05:21:30 PM »
Why does MK64 have so many votes?  Sure, the music was great, but it's by far the least interesting of any of the games.  Walls are weaksauce.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2008, 09:29:27 PM »
I think just more people have played or own MK64 than many of the other Kart games.  MK64 was my first racing game, and I wouldn't have gotten MK:SC if my friend didn't sell it to me along with his GBA.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2008, 01:36:49 AM »
Whoa, I never actually looked at the votes before. That is insanely unbalanced.

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2008, 02:27:42 AM »
imo, DS > SC > SMK > 64 > DD. Nothing personal against any of them (I love the Double Dash version, just not as much as the others) but those are how they stack up for me. Never played MKWii, or the Arcade GPs.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »
I really enjoy Wii's Rainbow Road. Situated above Canada and Greenland, it is definitely the most beautiful. The colors in the track aren't the static red, orange, yellow, etc combination you see in previous games, but rather a more alive, fascinating color design that reminds me of the colors you see in bubbles. Visually, my favorite feature is the galaxy in the background. Its music is my favorite of all the Rainbow Roads, and I like the detail of seeing your character burn up in the Earth's atmosphere as he or she falls off, and smoking when placed back on the track. The vertical ramps situated all over the first half of the course make it feel more exciting by seeing the kart fly up into thin air above the Earth and then safely coming back down to the track.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:35:55 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2008, 03:20:17 PM »
Can't I vote for more than one? :(

I like the look of MKW's, the music from SMK's, the voices from MK64/MKSC (they were virtually the same anyway), and the speed of MKDD's. I hate that future RR's have had walls.. I really liked the fact that if I missed a turn by just an inch that I would fall off the track. Made things hectic.

The music in MKW's was good, but I wish it had more from SMG in it.. I can hear where they tried to mix it in, but it didnt' turn out quiet as good. AS a side note: I miss the random faces floating off in the distance from M64's, as well as Bowser's Castle (from Paper Mario) floating out there (MKSC has the RR that featured this).

What can I say. I like my RR's. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
F-Zero 64's Rainbow road is my favorite one because it's not famous and it's a secret resemblance to Mario Kart 64's!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:47:19 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2008, 09:22:11 PM »
...and the speed of MKDD's.

The only reason Double Dash seemed fast was because they added a speedometer that I thought they just threw in there for novelty. When you're topping out at about 55MPH and then you're doing like 70MPH when you use a mushroom......you still feel like you're doing about an actual 20-25MPH in my personal opinion.

And I keep hearing people say (not on this forum) "OMUH GAWD U CAN ACTUALYY LOOK BEHIND j00 IN MERIO CART Wii" ......it's like uh what the hell, have you forgotten SMK and hitting select?! I loved that system... and I loved that it would alert you by switching automatically if you had a threat coming your way... although by the time it switched the item would already magically be RIGHT in front of you.... especially on curves... but still.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »
The only reason Double Dash seemed fast was because they added a speedometer that I thought they just threw in there for novelty.
Mario Kart 64 had one too. I always liked the screen set-up that had the squares of all eight racers going around the screen, though.
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »
Back when MK64 was still MKR, the speeds given in the speedometer were much higher.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2008, 10:10:28 PM »
MK64's speedometer felt a lot more synced up with how fast you actually felt like you were going... I almost forgot MK64 even had the speedometer. What did it top at.... 100kmh?

Oh yeah, and the only way Toad's Turnpike should be played is in Extra.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2008, 06:12:48 PM »
F-Zero 64's Rainbow road is my favorite one because it's not famous.

It's copypasted from Mario Kart 64 minus the rails, so you lose.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »
And plus land mines. Why does he lose, again?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2008, 11:25:23 AM »
Isn't Rainbow Road without the rails (plus land mines as Bird said) actually better? I mean, not for a novice player, but without rails forces you to not hit the walls, otherwise you going flying off the edge. And in F-Zero, flying off once is all it takes.
You didn't say wot wot.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2008, 07:12:50 PM »
Apparently I can't change my vote, but MKWii's Rainbow Road is my new favorite. I still like Double Dash's music the bast, though.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 09:52:16 PM »
For me, it's a tie between Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart DS. I liked the design of them, especially with the giant upwards boost in Double Dash. I don't really like Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road because it's too long and its mostly big turns with little variety.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print