Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Stage Ideas  (Read 12553 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 06:38:52 PM »
A few opening spaces?  Does that mean you have to knock your opponent at the exact angle at which they'll fit through the tunnel to the edge of the screen?  Sounds frustrating.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 06:49:44 PM »
Yup, you got it. Although after a while, the damage the characters received caused them to fly in all directions when hit, so you'd never quite know.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 02:26:09 PM »
I just tried Brawl at my local Best Buy, and the Stage Builder, surprisingly it has ALOT of varieties of parts to use, but I still think Its going to hard to make a replica of Hyrule Castle

After making 2 stages, I will have to disagree. The part supply is very lacking, and the few pieces that aren't boring plain pieces have strange over-sized space requirements.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »
After making 2 stages, I will have to disagree. The part supply is very lacking, and the few pieces that aren't boring plain pieces have strange over-sized space requirements.
mybe you should shrink the pieces
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »
Where did you get the idea that you could do that? They do have weird spatial requirements, like beyond the dimensions of the actual object.
That was a joke.

TEM

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
I think he was referring to the ability to enlarge the pieces.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 11:28:51 PM »
I tried to make a stage in the form of the Triforce, but it didn't turn out the way I had hoped.

I have an idea.  A stage that has nothing but backgound and music.  Use for contests to see who falls to their death last
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 11:36:50 PM »
I made a stage today that's nothing but a huge square with a small little opening in the bottom right hand corner. The only way to kill someone is by making them go by that little opening and blasting them with a smash attack. I managed to get my damage counter up to 999% before dying.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 07:58:27 PM »
I managed to make a really crappy Peach's Castle stage modeled after the N64 Smash Bros. The ramps didn't make characters slide though, and I couldn't set the bumper over the main platform. Also had to substitute the large moving platform under the stage with two little ones.

Is there any available background decorations, or are we just given some generic backgrounds?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 08:56:39 PM »
Several people have sent me custom stages, but I haven't made any and don't know how to play them.  I think it's time I referred to the manual. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
If you need instructions on how to fight in custom stages, check out the enclosed instruction book.

I think I might model a stage after Saffron City. (with the exception of the Pokemon popping out of that door, of course)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 06:01:49 AM »
To Play on Custom Stages You Must:

1. Select the type of Brawl you want to play
2. Choose your character
3. When on the stage select screen look for a button that says "Melee Stages", press it, then look on that screeb for a button that says "Custom Stages", press it
4. Choose the Custom Stage you want to battle on
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

TEM

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »
More specifically, the "Melee Stages" button turns into the "Custom Stages" button after getting to the Melee Stages screen.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 08:12:01 PM »
To Play on Custom Stages You Must:

1. Select the type of Brawl you want to play
2. Choose your character
3. When on the stage select screen look for a button that says "Melee Stages", press it, then look on that screeb for a button that says "Custom Stages", press it
4. Choose the Custom Stage you want to battle on
IMO that's a poor design.  Why not put tabs for Brawl, Melee, and Custom stages?  It's also bad because it takes too many screens to get from the creation to fighting and back if you want to change something after testing it in a Brawl.  The creation test is simply running around.  To truly test a level you should fight in it.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 10:10:46 PM »
That annoyed me. I made "Slantylane" (it was supposed to be Slantyland, but I hit the key one time too many and liked that better). You'll have to have me or Captain Jim send it to you to experience it.

I'm disappointed at the stage creator's simplicity--it's really hard to come up with a game location to create in it. I did make a simple stage based on Winters (EarthBound), a wide floor of ice with a Stonehenge-like structure and two platforms just floating near it. I wanted to throw in some pine trees, but, surprise! There are none. Did Sakurai make the creator specifically for n00bs who think of nothing but creating stages that kill you instantly, or what?

When I'm back home and my Wii is with me, fixed again, I want to make a close replica to The Summit. When the stage was first revealed, the only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that it had to break and fall. Nice concept and all, but every Brawl stage changes in some way and it'd be kind of nice if one of them stayed put. Also, without the part when there is no ground time, the stage provides a wonderful home team advantage to the Ice Climbers: slippery surfaces only they can resist. If Captain Jim isn't going to, I'll make a stage based on Team Rocket's base under Celadon, with the conveyor belts. I had an idea for a game location that would use the weird ruined fortress background, but I can't remember it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print