Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99383 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2008, 07:31:34 PM »
Samus is under fire!

Personally I thought that was pretty hilarious.

Why would someone in the risk of getting gunned down be funny to you? That is just mean and very disturbing.

SHE'S SENT AN EMERGENCY DIRECTIVE. JOIN THE FIGHT.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2008, 08:28:15 PM »
I agree with ShadowBrain. I refuse to play that stage or use the Metroid song in any of my stages because that dude talks in the beginning.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »
That's pretty stupid. He only says a couple of sentences and goes away. The music's also nice.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2008, 08:58:14 PM »
I don't think the remix is all that great anyway. The stage is rather boring in my opinion.

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2008, 09:54:58 PM »
I have been secretly working on a Robotnik moveset. Just for fun. It turned out to be a really Robotnik like character.
I love watching Mugen videos with the Robotnik in the drill tank who says "GET READY TO BE SCHOOLED."
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2008, 10:22:40 AM »
Also: Zel-DUH
Agreed. And how come the announcer doesn't know how to pronounce the é in Pokémon Trainer's name?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2008, 10:37:09 AM »
I don't think the remix is all that great anyway. The stage is rather boring in my opinion.
Well, the remix was eh, but the Metroid Prime one was the original music from the game. You're removing that one just because someone added a few lines of narration to the beginning?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2008, 03:56:57 PM »
Max Vance, what the heck? He is pronouncing Pokemon correctly.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2008, 04:22:28 PM »
Concerning the nauseating brief verbal assault at the beginning of some Metroid things-- there are a few other songs to choose from without narration, and they're pretty good. I like the Marionation Gear song, even if it's not related to Metroid at all.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:46:27 PM by Suffix »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2008, 04:58:50 PM »
Norfair wins all music in Brawl.
That was a joke.

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2008, 08:52:27 PM »
Nuh uh, Castle Siege and Port Town have the best tracks.

Also, I just got my game back today and after a brief scare of unreadable disc, I've been slowly unlocking all the characters. I also heard the Metroid music for the first time and honestly, the narration is so quiet I could barely hear it. Don't see why others would be so bothered by it. Ice Climbers also has it, but it's harder to understand what she's saying. The song itself is good, but inferior to the Brinstar remix.

Also, Weegee is even more hilarious than his past selves.

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2008, 09:02:51 PM »
Norfair wins all music in Brawl.

Not really, I think most of the Metal Gear music is better.

Sonic Boom is also very fun to listen to while fighting.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »
F-Zero arrangements are also quite good, yes.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2008, 12:49:21 AM »
Max Vance, what the heck? He is pronouncing Pokemon correctly.
No, the é in Pokémon is pronounced like the e in cafe (Po-KAY, caf-AY). The Brawl announcer pronounces it as Po-KUH.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2008, 09:47:12 AM »
Isn't that how they pronounce it in the TV show?  That seems right to me, since I believe the only purpose of that mark was to try to keep people from thinking it was the words "poke mon".
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Print