Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99371 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2008, 10:03:22 AM »
Everyone I've ever heard who knows about Pokémon has pronounced it the way the announcer does. So I'm pretty sure Bag of Magic Food is right as well. I was all "hey cool, the announcer pronounced it right" when I heard it.
That was a joke.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2008, 10:59:31 AM »
I wish they brought the old announcer back. He had an awesome voice.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2008, 08:46:35 PM »
I suppose that with that "é", it should be pronounced PO-KAY-MON, but all the little kids (myself included) who were big fans of this when it was really a hit just went with PO-KEE-MON. I guess you could compare it to saying "me and __" instead of "__ and I"; it's technically the correct way to do it, but so many people say it the other way that we all relent at some point or another.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2008, 09:22:21 PM »
Pokeymon is not right. It's Polkamon.
That was a joke.

« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »
I always said poke-ay-mon, but I have nothing against polkamon, and I actually think it sounds better and requires less effort. Pokeymon is stupid and horrible, sorry.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2008, 07:20:05 AM »
No, wait, I'm sorry... not, PO-KEE-MON; I meant PO-KUH-MON.

« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2008, 10:01:06 AM »
Pokey Man?  With the pokey and the man?  And the thing where the guy comes out of the thing and he makes a fa*@&%^#$(!)@(%*&#@!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2008, 05:16:45 PM »
On the subject of the announcer, I maintain that in the event that a fourth Smash Bros. is indeed made, then Peter Cullen should be the announcer. *thinks back to Toonami's glory days*

« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2008, 05:52:24 PM »
On the subject of the announcer, I maintain that in the event that a fourth Smash Bros. is indeed made, then Peter Cullen should be the announcer. *thinks back to Toonami's glory days*

*Imagines how cool that would be.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2008, 07:05:30 PM »
Well, the remix was eh, but the Metroid Prime one was the original music from the game. You're removing that one just because someone added a few lines of narration to the beginning?
I know you weren't referring to me, but I just wanted to say a little something extra.

To be honest, the narration was completely unnecessary, but if the voice was different--like some gravelly, movie-trailer type voice or sultry woman's voice--it might actually be pretty cool. Instead, they got some guy who sounds like one of those 20-something exuberant voice-over-ers on the Burger King Kid's Meal ads.

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2008, 09:12:25 PM »
Apparently you people aren't listening. The narration lasts LESS than 10 seconds. Good narration or bad, you should probably be focusing MORE on getting in some good first hits than listening to the music.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2008, 09:59:47 PM »
You can barely hear it ingame anyway. What are you complaining so much about?
That was a joke.

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2008, 10:25:36 PM »
Well ShadowBrain complaining about ANYTHING related to Nintendo isn't unusual, so...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2008, 10:40:04 PM »
Peter Cullen should be the announcer. *thinks back to Toonami's glory days*
"GENE STARWIND AND HIS CREW OF BOUNTY HUNTERS"
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2008, 12:45:50 PM »
To be honest, the narration was completely unnecessary, but if the voice was different--like some gravelly, movie-trailer type voice...
In a world where universes collide... unlikely alliances will be formed... tempers will rise... and the question will be answered: can Luigi BE any weirder?

Wallowing in his brother's shadow for over 20 years. It ends now. Payback. This time, it's for REAL.

I would have gone for an L IS REAL 2064 joke, but that didn't seem appropriate. I frankly can't imagine hearing the character names announced by Don LaFontaine.
But you can decide for yourself.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 12:48:40 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Print