Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99957 times)

« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »
Okay, and?

My point was his original color scheme was more true to the one he had before the "overalls and shirt swap" between SMB2 and SMB3.

His SMB1 color scheme shows me that they probably didn't put much care or emphasis on the fact that he was in the game.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
More like they hadn't worked out what color palette to use to make him (or Mario) look decent.
Luigi is cooler because he is perceived as neglected, and you will not be able to change that.
Luigi in Mario Galaxy is certainly fanservice, and darn justified fanservice. Why the heck shouldn't Luigi be in the game? He's part of the Mario franchise, right? It's always seemed to me like Mario and Luigi should be equals and I thought it was weird that they left him out of Mario Sunshine. SM64 I can understand because it was enough of a problem to make that game in the first place.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2008, 02:53:45 PM »
Luigi is cooler because he is perceived as neglected, and you will not be able to change that.
Unless we stop neglecting him!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2008, 03:09:23 PM »
That's what is stupidest about Luigi. He's overrated "because he's neglected" but because everyone loves him for that reason he is not neglected.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2008, 03:28:03 PM »
I agree with BirdPerson.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2008, 03:36:23 PM »
Luigi has a more flawed personality than Mario; that means people can see humor in his scaredy-cat-type-persona, and perhaps even relate to him in times when they have been scared.

Yet, I have a sudden urge to read Jay Resop's "Neglected Mario Characters" comics for the remainder of the day.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2008, 03:47:40 PM »
That's what is stupidest about Luigi. He's overrated "because he's neglected" but because everyone loves him for that reason he is not neglected.
Not by the fans, that's for sure.

I thought it was weird that they left him out of Mario Sunshine.
From a technical standpoint, yes, I think they might have been able to stick Luigi in Sunshine somewhere.  The questions are, why would he need to be in it?  What would his role be?  I just think it might be awkward if you're just wanting some time alone with the girl you saved countless times, and all of a sudden, here's your little brother doing who knows what.  The Toads?  Knowing Toadsworth, he might have ordered the Toads to come with him to keep an eye on the Princess.  It's not that he doesn't trust Mario, Toadsworth is like an overprotective father figure.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »
More like, who was flying Peach's plane?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2008, 04:34:49 PM »
More like, who was flying Peach's plane?
Most likely a Toad trained to fly one.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2008, 04:44:13 PM »
Luigi is cooler because he is perceived as neglected
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2008, 10:02:04 PM »
Most likely a Toad trained to fly one.
Perhaps it flew itself! Maybe it has secret eyes, just like everything else in the Mushroom Kingdom...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2008, 10:21:40 PM »
I personally like the direction they took Luigi in Brawl. Luigi becoming a crazy dark warlock who does random poses would be cool.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2008, 10:30:17 PM »
The description of Luigi's Final Smash was both hilarious and slightly disturbing.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »
Up:  Brawl is making me want to play other Nintendo games.  My want to play Super Mario Sunshine is competing with my want to continue playing Brawl. 

Down:  Luigi's voice sounds too much like Mario in SM64 to me. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »
What the heck are you talking about? Luigi's voice is totally different here as opposed to the sped-up SM64 voice clips he had in the other games.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print