Poll

Should I get the Wii White GC Controller?

Heck YEAH
8 (80%)
Goodness NO
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Print

Author Topic: Wii White VS GC Platinum  (Read 9092 times)

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 08:14:13 AM »
They were probably just too lazy to add rumble to it.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
Regarding Wavebirds and rumble, I was talking to a guy who worked at a game store the other day who was pretty convinced that someone traded in a Wavebird that "used to rumble, but it broke". I dunno whether he had a similarly-colored controller that was not, in fact, a Wavebird, or all of you are heavily misinformed. I doubt it's the latter.

Especially since another comment he made was about why the guy didn't just sell it on eBay where "he could get, like, 70 bucks".
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 02:48:53 PM by bobman37 »

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 04:15:47 PM »
I agree with BP, I wish they had made the button's Wii style as well. Keep the color background, but the see-through deal.

<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 05:47:41 PM »
Nintendo says WaveBirds don't have rumble because it'd waste batteries. Notice that the Wii Remote's rumble is pretty wimpy.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 07:02:54 PM »
I'd get a white WaveBird with rumble, but not a white GC controller just for the longer cord.  I'd rather not be tethered. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 07:44:35 PM »
I'd get a 3 AA Wavebird with rumble, or a GC controller with Wii-style buttons and the normal length controller cord.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 07:50:26 PM »
Nintendo says WaveBirds don't have rumble because it'd waste batteries. Notice that the Wii Remote's rumble is pretty wimpy.
That was a while ago though.
Xbox 360 controllers have rumble.
PS3 controllers (now) have rumble.
Third-party controllers have rumble.

I'd get a 3 AA Wavebird with rumble, or a GC controller with Wii-style buttons and the normal length controller cord.
3 AA wouldn't help because that's not how energy works.  What you'd need is 2 C or lithium ion or something along those lines.  An increase in charge density (or volume) is important, not an increase in voltage.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 07:53:00 PM by MEGAߥTE »

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 09:21:26 PM »
Okay, not to go off topic too much, but does anyone here believe what some "pro" smash players say about Wavebirds? That they suffer from a delay in character control? Just curious.

<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »
Either mine causes enough lag to make me consistently lose Brawls or I simply suck at Brawl.  I'll claim the former, but the later is more likely true. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 09:52:50 PM »
Electricity was always my worst subject.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 09:59:32 PM »
I don't know how the signal could possibly be that slow. I mean, RF travels at the speed of light, right?
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 11:20:48 PM »
I broke my wavebird. Don't ask.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »
Don't tell.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 06:55:07 AM »
I won't get one unless the rings on the analogue of my best first party control (the one that came with my GCN) wear completely off.  I have six GCN controllers.  One of which is a Wavebird.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 10:25:08 AM »
Okay, not to go off topic too much, but does anyone here believe what some "pro" smash players say about Wavebirds? That they suffer from a delay in character control? Just curious.
I believe it. It'd only have to be 1/60 of a second slower (one frame) to be noticable to pr0 fighters.

Print