Print

Author Topic: Has Mario ever appeared on Non-Nintendo systems?  (Read 10566 times)

« on: April 18, 2008, 06:45:39 PM »
I don't know why, but this question popped up into my mind today. Has Mario ever appeared on Non-Nintendo systems? The only instance I could think of was Donkey Kong being released on one of the pre 8-bit systems, the Atari Something. I vaguely remember Mario was supposed to be a hidden character in some basketball game a few years back but I wasn't certain if that game was a mutli-system game or not. I'd also be very interested in any would-be Marios that appear  -- you know, Marios that are different enough from the copyright that they can get snuck into games. If there are any.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:27:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the 2600 had Mario Bros.

And, despite the pain and suffering we may have to endure by me bringing this up, I must answer with: The Philips CD-i.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 07:35:58 PM »
Check this site's game list.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 07:52:06 PM »
Why do I have a feeling someone is going to say "Wait, Fungi Forums has a site?!"
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 08:19:17 PM »
The Atari 2600's processor is 8-bit, by the way.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 08:24:23 PM »
Why do I have a feeling someone is going to say "Wait, Fungi Forums has a site?!"
http://www.fungi.com/
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 08:47:50 PM »
Of course, where else was Mario going to appear in the pre-NES days?
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 09:15:47 PM »
There've also been the PC titles like Mario Teaches Typing, a version of Mario is Missing, etc.

The Mario characters in the basketball games were exclusive to the Gamecube version.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 09:39:19 PM »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 10:06:43 PM »

What website?
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 11:17:50 PM »
TMK does have a pretty good section on this kind of thing.

I found this Allusion the most entertaining: http://themushroomkingdom.net/images/ss/cameo/aoxxl2mlv.jpg
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 07:35:08 PM »
Larion and Muigin on WoW
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 07:46:27 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 09:16:08 PM »
TMK does have a pretty good section on this kind of thing.

I found this Allusion the most entertaining: http://themushroomkingdom.net/images/ss/cameo/aoxxl2mlv.jpg

Imagine that! A site about Mario has a pretty good section about Mario being on Non-Nintendo systems! It's like we live eat and breathe Mario so much that we database each and every appearance, news or information, merchandise, event, and video game feature Mario!

Ok, I'll stop being a jerk now.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 11:22:14 PM »
Today I realized that the guy on the best boxart ever is wearing Mario clothes kind of. (I know the SNES is a Nintendo system).

Print