Print

Author Topic: A Helpful Chart  (Read 11541 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 12:03:10 AM »
I dunno, that picture in the first post seems to scream out "USE THE GCN CONTROLLER! IT'S BETTER THAN THE WIIMOTE WITH EVERY GAME!" to me.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 11:52:11 AM »
I am conservative politically and prefer the GCN controller... but what's interesting is, aren't we supposed to be intolerant or something? I don't care how anyone else controls their games or what games they play. It seems a little odd to be bothered by someone else's gaming preferances when it has no effect on your enjoyment. I don't get it. See, that's the thing about "left-wingers"... if you dissaprove of someone's stances on something important like morality or life then you're a bigot. But feel free to dislike someone for wearing different clothes, or enjoying a different control scheme. That's just peachy!

By the way, I'm just teasing back. I don't really care.

I enjoy the controller, but I will try the wheel.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 12:10:46 PM »
I discriminate against people who discriminate against people who discriminate against people who discriminate against control schemes other than the GCN controller, Crazee. If someone wants to hate someone for not choosing the controller they want them to choose, that's their choice!

(also kidding)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 02:52:50 PM »
Gamecube controllers are the best for every game.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 03:34:33 PM »
They totally are.

I even hacked my PC so I could use GCN controllers with games like StarCraft and World of Warcraft.

Nubs PM me wondering how I gank so hard in PvP and I tell them, "analog triggers".

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 07:07:39 PM »
How in the name of God did political affiliation get linked to one's appreciation of a GCN controller.

Also, Wii Wheel all the way for me! (if I like it... haven't tried yet)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 07:48:21 PM »
I will likely use my GC controllers, but I do have a problem: My GC controllers seem to be dying. There's an orange one that was my main controller, but suddenly the characters in all of my games are moving to the right when I hold the stick in the normal position.

I've since unplugged that controller and use just the standard black one. Does anyone know how to fix GC controllers (The left joystick is coming loose..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 08:21:15 PM »
How in the name of God did political affiliation get linked to one's appreciation of a GCN controller.
It didn't, I just think people who opt for the GCN controllers either

1. Really didn't give the Wiimote + whatever configuration a try
and/or
2. Fear that the Wiimote just isn't equipped for playing a game such as this

I was just comparing the the two points to the fact that most right-wing folk fear and/or detest change.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 08:44:33 PM »
I think what Vid is denouncing is the people that resist change and the Blue Ocean strategy of Nintendo. I didn't gather that idea from a psuedo-scientific experiment, especially since it seemed that the Wiimote/nunchuck variation faired quite well.

The Wii Wheel, to me, is fun to use, but I can't get down turning and it tries too hard to be precise, if that makes sense?

To each their own, but it's good ol' GC controller for me :-P
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »
Vid's just making broad sweeping generalizations and laughable associations to try to make people give him some attention.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 12:37:57 AM »
While the two-choice description is extremely lacking, I don't think that's entirely the case right now (last point).

Now, I'll most likely fall back to using the GCN controller, but I look forward to trying the Wiimote by itself (or Wii Wheel). I managed to get an excellent degree of accuracy from tilting the Wiimote back when I played Excite Truck.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 06:37:24 AM »
Vid's just making broad sweeping generalizations and laughable associations to try to make people give him some attention.
Hey, I though that was my job! ;)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 10:39:12 AM »
GCN controller all the way.  Why yes, I am conservative!  However did you guess?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 11:19:37 AM »
Hey, I though that was my job! ;)
No, I actually LIKE the Wii and its games, that's why I'm defending the Wiimote, rather than complaining about it. XP

(Yes, I'm aware you're for the Wiimote + Wheel configuration, I just meant in general)

And Chup ALWAYS adds stuff like this to posts of mine when he doesn't agree. I just say tl;dr in my head (regardless of how long his post actually is) and skip his posts now.

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 02:25:08 PM »
I love the Wii Wheel. Even though I love Mario Kart in general, I got Mario Kart Wii for this very reason. I do agree with Vid, I think that people who are accustomed to the GCN controller ought to give the Wii Wheel a try. Sure, you may not be a pro right away, but the fun is in gaining experience with a new form of control.

Print