Print

Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS confirmed  (Read 11166 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »
Well I have to admit I have this ROM downloaded even though I haven't played a shred of it, but I don't have the game. At least now I can redeem my guilt by buying this, and maybe play it all the way through instead of watching my brother doing it. (He used a strategy guide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:51:44 AM by Metal_Slug_Mario »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 02:03:10 AM »
Do you think it could be an all-3D remake of the original?

I don't think that would be cost-effective. It would be nice if we could expect that, but Chrono Trigger clearly doesn't ride high on their conscience in comparison to Final Fantasy.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 09:32:07 AM »
Do you think it could be an all-3D remake of the original?
Not on the DS... (anyone else see that one website about the project to make a 3-D Chrono Trigger? They had some awesome screenshots, but then S-E got on their case...)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 11:24:19 AM »
What do you mean, "not on the DS"? It's perfectly possible.

The people doing the 3D Chrono Trigger remake might have made some decently good visuals here and there, but I think it was stupid to try to remake it (hacks and stuff I don't mind as much) and act like they had the authority to do so. Also, the guy that was doing the music couldn't even learn the original music correctly. So I kinda don't like the people responsible for that.
That was a joke.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 11:34:58 AM »
I've played Chrono Trigger enough times to the point I would appreciate minor changes, especially to the sound.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 12:21:34 PM »
I am definitley supporting this, not only because I will finally be able to get my own copy of CT, but this could also pave the way for sequels (Chrono Break, isn't it?) and other games from the past that are hard to find or don't have a definite sequel (Mario RPG. The Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series are both nice, but how about an actual sequel..?)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 06:52:02 PM »
Why do people want a SMRPG sequel? It was a great game partly because it was drawn to a neat, tidy conclusion. Smithy is dead. Mallow is king. ♥♪!? is up on Star Road. Bowser is Mario's enemy once again. Toadstool is Peach. Sounds like a happy ending to a story that needs no more messings-with.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 06:54:36 PM »
A sequel would have a new villain and new allies with only minor references to the previous game. And a greater opportunity for Squeenix to make fun of themselves.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »
I think most people want a sequel in the same sense as the PM and M&L sequels -- same graphics, same gameplay style (a more traditional turn-based RPG compared to the other Mario RPGs, with higher HP values and more restrained Timed Hits), similar character roster, completely unrelated plot. And just to make Nintendo and Square acknowledge the existence of one of the greatest games ever.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 07:56:27 PM »
Also, the guy that was doing the music couldn't even learn the original music correctly.
What did he mess up?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 09:22:59 PM »
Basic intervals of the melody, from what I remember, along with apparently playing every piece on acoustic guitar.

To answer Toad, as I said earlier, the fourth* Chrono game is supposed to be Chrono Brake. I believe it was once registered in America as Chrono Break, but that expired a few years ago. Most of the team that made Chrono Trigger left after Xenogears and before Chrono Cross, and I think a lot of the Cross personnel are gone now too. Still, if a few of the key players were involved and if Yasunori Mitsuda did the music, we would be in for another great game, I'm sure.

*Radical Dreamers is the second.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 09:39:12 PM »
Basic intervals of the melody, from what I remember, along with apparently playing every piece on acoustic guitar.
I don't think we're talking about the same remake.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 10:13:55 PM »
They only released a couple tracks of the soundtrack for the thing I'm remembering.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 10:25:08 PM »
Mathew Valente (TSSF) did the music, and he was one of the greatest video game music remixers before remixing became popular (i.e. pre-MP3 days).  He covered the whole soundtrack, though they only released three tracks on the official site before the project was shut down.  Any deviations from the original would have been his creative license, not mistakes, and most did not use acoustic guitar.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 11:51:16 PM »
Creative license? Really? I'm going to say that playing especially the melody of someone else's piece and not playing it the way it was written is an ignorant thing to do. Past that, my stance on this type of thing is that I wouldn't want someone using something I created in a project like that, which would go for the rest of the project as well. Remixing to its own end is a different thing, because that's more like giving your own interpretation of the piece, a la classical performance. However, wrong notes are still just wrong.
That was a joke.

Print