Print

Author Topic: The Kirby Game You Never Knew  (Read 7918 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 10:55:22 PM »
Unfortunately, there isn't much info about Kid Kirby. I asked over at KRR and the resident Kirby expert had this to say:
Quote from: Bimblesnaff of KRR
I've got nothing. This is really the first I've ever heard of the game. That's not really surprising to me, either, as the game appears to be on level with Avalanche: it's not really a "Kirby" game. This seems to be yet another part of the Kirby world missed wholly by Rainbow Resort's game section just like the scan card games. I mean, sure, Kirby is there and in the title, but it wasn't a product of Japan or HAL. What was she, a Scottish production from the makers of Uniracers and Lemmings, DMA? I'm not saying the game looked bad, and the curly haired young Kirby does look amusing, but it probably wouldn't have been on par with the other titles. Still, I wonder what it would have been like. The in-store demos were apparently ready to ship, so they obviously got pretty far in its making. But, yeah, I have nothing to add as there probably is nothing to add more than what that link offers.

So yeah, unless some Internet person finds and dumps a copy of one of the store demos, the world may never truly know this game.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 06:39:02 AM »
Wait. His reasoning for not covering it is because it is not of Japanese origin? Being too busy with real matters I can accept, but that's some big pile of cow vile right there.

By that reasoning, Donkey Kong Country doesn't count.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 08:20:39 AM by Boo Dudley »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 07:08:13 AM »
Unfortunately, there isn't much info about Kid Kirby. I asked over at KRR and the resident Kirby expert had this to say:
Funny you should do that, because the first thing I thought when I saw the article on this game was, "wow, I wonder why KRR didn't cover that?"

But, yeah, if we all judged games in a series based on whether they are "on par" with other titles or made/not made in Japan, then... yes, you all know where I'm going with this.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 10:35:30 AM »
Kirby Air Ride (bad grammer, kind of, but that's the real name) actually isn't that bad, given that you ignore the impossible achievements.

Impossible achievements? Some are pretty hard, but they are definitely possible with the right strategy/method.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 01:07:04 PM »
Or in the case of City Trial stadium challenges, a lucky strike at a few red boxes.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 02:45:54 PM »
I think KRR not knowing much about Kid Kirby is similiar to how we don't know much about that unreleased Phillips CD-i game known as Super Mario's Wacky Worlds.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 04:16:21 PM »
Is there really that much to know about them in the first place?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »
No, but if you're running a comprehensive fan-site, you gotta include everything, even if there isn't much to talk about.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 09:54:50 PM »
Heck, we've got a page for Mario Lottery.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2008, 06:55:37 AM »
KRR has a page for bootlegs, too.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »
Heck, we've got a page for Mario Lottery.

omg smg prototype!
every

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2008, 09:15:52 AM »
omg smg prototype!

Haha, good one! I wonder if this game is actually fun at all; although it doesn't seem to catch my interest...
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print