Print

Author Topic: October 2  (Read 13323 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: September 17, 2008, 06:07:45 PM »
A few links.

Maybe you've heard, maybe not. Well, either way, Nintendo's got some sort of press conference/whatever set for October 2. Will it be some real dirt on upcoming, great titles or another E3 2008? You know which way I lean, but discuss anyway!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 06:32:20 PM »
ShadowBrain, ShadowBrain, ShadowBrain. So needlessly optimistic. You know that Nintendo will always and forever release crappy games.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
ShadowBrain, ShadowBrain, ShadowBrain. So needlessly optimistic. You know that Nintendo will always and forever release crappy games.

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 07:07:50 PM »
Don't bother, Glitchy. Everyone already knows that game doesn't really exist.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 07:37:30 PM »
I'm confused
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
Well, I hope it's a Wii storage solution.
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 07:53:49 PM »
I understand now
"it's always the present"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 07:55:15 PM »
Ditto used Machop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 04:12:51 AM »

I'm going to go ahead and be needlessly optimistic then...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 08:48:54 AM »
Will it be some real dirt

I'll give you some real dirt alright!  Well, do you know Mrs. Marbley from across the road?  Well I found out that she is having an affair!  And her husband suspects nothing!
Can you believe it?? 
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 12:21:27 PM »
*crickets*

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 05:18:17 PM »
You all realize I was being sarcastic, yes?
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »
Even my hinky Sarcasm meter could tell that.
Did I just say "hinky"?  I'm watching too much NCIS.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 07:33:29 PM »
haha nintendo sucks
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 07:39:28 PM »
It's official. You're a troll.

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »
Troll! Troll in the forums! Just thought you'd all like to know. *passes out*
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
seems u guise cant perceive my sarcasmz!!
By the way, what other thing have I done to be labeled as a troll :(

Anyways regarding the event, I say Pikmin 3.
All we can do is wait, so I will wait...
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »
My money is on Disaster: Day of Crisis and the storage solution. And maybe some tidbits about Galaxy 2 and Zelda 15. And Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 10:32:48 PM »
But they do kinda suck.

lol, but srsly tho, just use your +12 Mace of Troll's Bane.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 10:36:41 PM »
Troll! Troll in the forums! Just thought you'd all like to know. *passes out*
Great reference.

Honestly, I have zero interest in Disaster, chiefly because this (and its sequel) already exist:

I'm not saying the game'll be bad. I'm just saying that if Nintendo (Monolith, actually) wants to make an original IP, it might as well be... well, an original IP.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 10:43:21 PM »
Hopefully when they get done with DDOC, Monolith can get back to working on Baten Kaitos DS.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 10:51:57 PM »
Disaster Report was awesome.
every

CrossEyed7

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 11:51:08 AM »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 12:47:58 AM »
- DSi
- Punch-Out
- Trace Memory Wii
- Sin & Punishment 2
- Mario & Luigi 3
- Endless Ocean 2
- Fragile

That was great! Let's do it again!

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »

Pikmin Wii screenshot

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »
Theres a new pikmin game that came out?
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »
No. This is an old Pikmin game that is coming out again.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 01:35:18 PM »
I really hope that screenshot is stretched because if that's supposed to be its widescreen form, it looks awful.

I like the lineup, I'm just disappointed Fire Emblem was pushed back, and there was no word on Disaster or Captain Rainbow.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 01:51:47 PM »
HOLY CARP YES. Although I wonder what this means for the homebrew DS version.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »
Read the comments and you'll see.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2008fall/presen/09.html

It's not enough to release disappointing new installments in all their games--now Nintendo's got to go back and *******ize a bunch of GCN classics.

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 04:45:47 PM »
So after all this amazing news you still find something to complain about? Good job.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
Considering the Wii can already play GCN games, what they're doing makes absolutely zero sense.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 04:54:55 PM »
I want enhanced remakes of Nintendo 64 games, man. Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask on one disc with Twilight Princess-quality audio and visuals and few other changes = insta-buy. Super Mario All Stars was successful even with the first two games' new physics breaking them.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »
Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask on one disc with Twilight Princess-quality audio and visuals
DO WANT

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 05:18:10 PM »
DO AGREE.
Whats this? Is this Wii Music with Wi-fi? =O

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 06:24:57 PM »
Is that boxart really missing the white Wii banner? Madness I say.
every

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 06:49:42 PM »
Hopefully the remade Pikmin game will have smoother graphics, use Pikmin 2's superior AI system, and run at a constant 60 fps. Oh, and a few Wii-exclusive features and controls would be nice.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 09:03:16 PM »
If they do remake Ocarina of Time (which I would fully support; I love the game, but the 15 fps always chases me away, and I'd welcome an opportunity to get me to play it), I'd want Wind Waker graphics for the young part and Twilight Princess graphics for the adult part.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »
You just broke my brain.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 09:32:31 PM »
the 15 fps always chases me away,
Whoa what? Even if the graphics are pretty bad for today's standards, the game is incredible. You can't tell me you haven't played through it! Get it on Virtual Console if you have to.

I'd want Wind Waker graphics for the young part and Twilight Princess graphics for the adult part.
That's an interesting idea, to say the least... but it'd be kind of weird. Newbies might not recognize important returning characters with the style swap. I didn't make the connection for any enemies shared between The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, until I went on a stroll through the Zelda Wiki, for example... And I was getting at the idea that, like the original games shared many character models and textures, they could also do so in the same disc without many problems. And Majora's Mask totally fits Twilight Princess's art style better than The Wind Waker's if you ask me. And don't get me wrong, I like The Wind Waker's visuals... but they were really made for The Wind Waker. I've always felt Twilight Princess's style is basically the 64's, but better-looking.

Ooh, and then you could hack and play around in Ocarina of Time with the masks' effects, or in Majora's Mask with the weapons that got translated into alternate forms' powers. Megaton Hammering Twinmold, anyone?
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 10:00:41 PM »
I have the GC disc that came with preordering WW, and played it pretty much constantly after I got it, and loved every minute of it. But once WW came in, its animation was so smooth and OOT's was so choppy that I couldn't make myself go back. I don't have a problem with the graphics, just the framerate, which really should have been improved by now. (And the 1-heart beep. Most annoying 1-heart beep sound in any Zelda game I've played, and I end up hearing it a lot.) I know the framerate would be improved if I played it on an emulator on a decent computer, but I won't allow myself to download a ROM if it's on the VC and I haven't gotten it yet, and I won't get it on the VC because I already have it, so that's not going to happen. I'll just keep hoping for a remake.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 07:15:30 AM »
I'd want Wind Waker graphics for the young part and Twilight Princess graphics for the adult part.
I had basically the same (awesome) idea, but I wasn't sure how it would best work in a new Zelda game and/or remake.

I was thinking a remake of MM, given the game's overall tone, would be better suited with realistic cel-shading. Maybe like Toon Link in Brawl, or some kind of Psychonauts-esque Tim Burton style.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2008, 08:17:45 AM »
Considering the Wii can already play GCN games, what they're doing makes absolutely zero sense.
Other than trying to introduce the casuals that never owned a Nintendo console before Wii to more classic games.
flaws: I don't think there are many casuals that even use the shop channel.  And I don't think they'll really look into the GCN's more hardcore library.
But if this brings casuals into the hardcore group, there may be hope for the classic Nintendo franchises, like Kirby.

I just go to Game Stop when I want to shop for GCN games.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 04:13:33 PM »
I avoid GameStop at all costs...

...But I totally level with you there, otherwise.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2008, 04:52:21 PM »
I ... go to work when I want to shop for GCN games!
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »

Not bad for a first Photoshop, whoever made it.

GameStop isn't my favorite, but I do have about fifty dollars' worth of gift cards there. I could go buy Wario Land or Kirby: SSU...
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 04:20:51 PM »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2008, 05:12:04 PM »
I think that's the first Rebel Bytes that's actually made me laugh. Multiple times, even. Mostly for the "Be best friends with Mario!"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »
Heck, I've never even heard of the series. There was just a link to it on GoNintendo and, hey, I totally loved it.

Print