Alot bigger than Mario
11 (31.4%)
Huge!
7 (20%)
Average size
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Best size for Bowser?  (Read 9304 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 03:03:54 PM »
The steam Bowser has was blue.

Right after the conversation ends for real, Geno and Mallow go to walk inside Mario and stop short for a moment just see if Gaz is truly finished, then they continue.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 03:23:14 PM »
Well, I went with "slightly" and "alot". SMG size or a bit smalle seems about right to me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 04:30:24 PM »
He was too small in most games including Mario RPG where he looked as if he was slightly taller than Mario and Mario is small which is a misrepresentation to "King of The Koopas".
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 05:23:25 PM »
Like he'd really be "actual size" (whatever that may be) in a turn-based RPG.

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 09:20:10 AM »
The great thing about Super Mario RPG there is that it does follow the trend of the main character being the only visible character outside of battle, but also parodies it. When talking to Gaz and about to go, and Gaz suddenly stops the group to give Geno the Finger Shot, Mallow and Geno bump their heads on Mario's and Mario cringes.

Speaking of that scene, what is Mallow doing to Mario after Gaz says "Well, Mario needs all the help he can get."?

I've been thinking a lot, and Bowser must be a shrinky-dink. How else could he be Godzilla sized in one game and then marginally smaller in the next?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 09:30:17 AM »
I think the "non-linear" games distort the sizes of characters.  Like I said, the Kart games and Sports series makes the characters similar in size to make everything impartial.  If Bowser were his regular size in MK:DD, it would be hard to share a Kart with him.  Likewise, the RPG games are presented in different visual formats; the characters are either paper or more cartoony versions of themselves.  They're essentially 2-D made to look 3-D, I think.  I could be wrong.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 12:05:04 PM »
Speaking of that scene, what is Mallow doing to Mario after Gaz says "Well, Mario needs all the help he can get."?
I think he's supposed to be holding him back from punching Gaz for insulting him like that.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 10:06:57 PM »
Yeah, that's it.

Bowser must be a shrinky-dink.
With all that lava he's constantly exposed to? He'd be a tiny plasticy lump by now!

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »
I voted for "A lot bigger than Mario." I guess the best way I can verbalize my idea of his ideal height would be to say that if Mario was a normal sized human, I'd want Bowser to be at least a foot and a half taller, maybe two, depending on how slouched over he is. Enough to really let him loom over Mario. I am okay, however, with letting Bowser use a transformation spell on himself for the sake of boss battles.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Print