Print

Author Topic: Toad  (Read 8357 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« on: December 29, 2008, 09:59:40 PM »
He sounds like Jay Leno's mentally deficient cousin in SMB:SS.

"Nyaaah! Nyaaaah! Nyaaaah!"

I mean they really couldn't get a different voice for this guy? It makes him much more annoying than he was in the game.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 10:49:08 PM »
Yeah! I remember when Toad had a cute voice. Noe he sounds like he has strep throat, or laryngitis (if i spelled it right, and if you know what it is)
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 01:46:20 AM »
If you've had Toad cast on you, all you can cast is Toad, provided you know that spell.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 01:54:04 AM »
Three of my Final Fantasy II party are Toads. I make them cast it on each other. I'm so evil. I've found that you'll get a game over when your whole party is made of Toads. That's stupid. They're not dead, they can still run away and seek help/use Maidens' Kisses.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 01:58:44 AM »
That's only in Final Fantasy II. None of the other ones I've played ended the game when everyone get toaded. Of course when discussing spells which turn one in to an amphibian, I'm really quite partial to Chrono Trigger. Frog is just so darned cool.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 07:49:34 AM »
I called him Amph.

Forgive my brain fart, but what's that short for? (I'm guess Mario Super Sluggers)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
Super Mario Brothers: Super Show. You know, that show that makes Luigi sound like George Carlin? That show that always calls the villain Koopa? Call him anything related to Bowser, I'm used to calling him Bowser!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »
Oh, you're talking about a TV show? I've never seen that which you speak of.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 05:40:54 PM »
Oh, the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. I didn't know what you meant. His voice is fine.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 05:53:49 PM »
I thought this was a topic about me for a second..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 08:07:12 PM »

"Nyaaah! Nyaaaah! Nyaaaah!"

I mean they really couldn't get a different voice for this guy? It makes him much more annoying than he was in the game.

Well said, Nostalgia Critic.

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 08:15:52 PM »
Hahahaha, both of Tv_Themes's posts here are directly plagarized from that video.

(Weird...)

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 08:21:31 PM »
Ok, seriously now, I think his voice in the SMBSS was fine. I wish they could hire that person to do Toad's voice in the games, but I'm not unhappy with Toad's voice in the games (except for Mario Party 4. It was kind of creepy then..)

Besides, if they changed Toad's voice actor, it wouldn't be the same person who voices Peppy Hare, thus rendering Barrel Roll quotes with Toad's voice useless (not that there are that many anyway)..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 02:38:09 PM »
I never saw that show, but I have played StarFox 64. So, do a barrel roll comes to mind.

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 09:53:32 PM »
His game voice and his SMBSS voice aren't really different. But the SMBSS one is probably better.

Print