Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers  (Read 44814 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 07:54:27 AM »
Also, a better saving system would be nice (instead of NSMB's classic one).
Fixed. Real men don't need to save after every level. And even medium men have a wider vocabulary range than that.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 08:13:43 AM »
Considering how easy that game was even with a "retarded" save system, I think the next one should keep that system, if not implement an even stricter one, if they're not willing to amp the difficulty.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 05:44:31 PM »
I found that the brutal save system really just detracted from the game without upping the difficulty. For those (not really myself, by the way) who have only scant minutes in a day to spend quality time with their DS, little is more frustrating than just having blazed through a tough chunk of the game only to be forced to shut it off without a saving oppurtunity due to other obligations. And if Nintendo seriously expects them to have the system in sleep mode almost 24/7, they're truly being retarded... wheelchair-bound... political correctness will be the death of us... special. NSMB wasn't a particularly challenging game by any means, but the saving system is unreasonable for, say, first-time Mario players who can barely make it to a world's halfway Tower without a game over. Even as a seasoned Mario gamer, I believe that saving just about whenever is essentially a "right" which game programmers should never deny us.

Imagine if the next Zelda title only allowed saving after one of the game's, say, seven or eight Dungeons. Eughh.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 05:59:13 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 06:17:48 PM »
Dungeons are about 100x longer than any 2D Mario level. Saving after every world would be ideal, a la SMW or SMAS-SMB3.
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 06:24:13 PM »
Couldn't restricting saving be viewed as an easy way out of actually making the game more challenging? Just a thought.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »
There's only so much you can do to a single level to make it hard and not impossible. A string of levels you must clear without messing up is better than getting to save after every tiny bit of play.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 11:01:10 PM »
Imagine if the next Zelda title only allowed saving after one of the game's, say, seven or eight Dungeons. Eughh.
PH certainly should've.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 06:46:23 PM »
I hope they make a sequal but I don't think they'll make one for a while.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 07:22:27 PM »
I too found NSMB's save system very inconvenient for reasons stated by Weegee, and because I'm not very good at 2D platformers.
I would love to see a NSMW if we can do more stuff with Yoshi, and see the return of the Koopalings.  One level for each koopaling (including Bowser Jr.) and then the final level for Bowser.  That would make 9 levels total.  And a save system that gives the player the option to save on the map screen.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »
Amen to the idea of the Koopalings' triumphal return. However, I'd reason have the game spoiled with Bowser Jr.'s ugly visage. It's imaginable why Nintendo would culminate King Koopa's seven kids into one for posterity's sake, although most would agree that Larry, Lemmy, Iggy, Wendy, Roy, Morton Jr. and Ludwig would be far superior to that sham of a son named Bowser Jr. in A Super Mario World sequel.

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 07:59:36 PM »
What on Earth could possibly make the characterless, a-different-hairstyle-for-each koopalings better than Bowser Jr.?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 08:11:31 PM »
What on Earth could possibly make the characterless, a-different-hairstyle-for-each koopalings better than Bowser Jr.?

What on Earth could possibly make the characterless Bowser Jr better than the wonderfully more varied koopalings?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 08:13:54 PM »
Why do you guys like either of them so much?
That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 08:19:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure that people have a biased opinion on characters depending on which one they see first, have earlier memories of.

Yes, I only played Super Mario World as of three years ago, and I thought that the koopalings just seemed weird.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure that people have a biased opinion on characters depending on which one they see first, have earlier memories of.

I agree.

Now, why I love the Koopalings.. There are so many reasons..

-Would you rather fight one boss multiple times (sometimes I have my bib up, and that makes me stronger!?) or would you rather fight multiple bosses?

- Some of them have similar attacks, sure, but if you were related to someone, you would also have a similar attack pattern. Why aren't people complaining about the fact that both the Bros shoot fire...?

- They all look different. I got really sick of seeing Bowser Jr's ugly mug, back in Super Mario Sunshine, and have never liked the monstrosity. Ever. Why does Nintendo keep using characters everybody hates??
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print