Print

Author Topic: The "I totally regret trading in that game" thread  (Read 13045 times)

« on: May 02, 2009, 08:28:14 AM »
..This happens to me way too much. I never have any money so I have to TRADE IN my games in order to afford new ones....

And it really sucks cuz the other night I wanted to play Luigi's Mansion SO. BADLY.

...Turns out I sold it.

I've been craving Mario Galaxy too....and I sold that as well. =/

HOW STUPID AM I???

I'm probably going to buy them both back once I get money...and maybe sunshine too since I never actually owned it.
That was sarcasm. c:

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »
You sold Mario Galaxy!?

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 09:27:01 AM »
I don't even know WHAT I was thinking. That game was so fun and the graphics and stuff was so pretty...<3
That was sarcasm. c:

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »
I'm always trading in games once I beat them with a few exceptions (namely, games with lots of replay value, like the MGSs and GTAs), but I miss quite a few games.
every

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 10:55:14 AM »
Besides duplicates and direct ports, the only games I ever remember trading in are a handful of outdated Pac-Man/Namco Museum games, and Donkey Kong Land.  No regrets there.  Shoot, I still have an old copy of G&WG3!

I personally prefer the oldies to most new games. (With obvious expections such as SSBM and SSBB)  I'd be pretty dang mad if I ever lost my SMBDX cartridge, considering the countless hours that went into my roughly 2,000,000-point challenge mode score.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
I've mentioned this before, I believe, but I sold a whole shoebox worth of NES games a while back for, like, $30. Among them: Metal Gear.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 11:26:14 AM »
My nanny bought me and my brother a SNES for xmas one year and a few years later my mom sold it at a garage sale for $5 with one controller and Super Mario World.
That was sarcasm. c:

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 11:45:18 AM »
Hmm have I ever sold a game? ... Nope! I WIN THIS THREAD
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 11:52:18 AM »
GUD FAR YUO
YUOR COOL
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 01:43:55 PM »
I kinda miss Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 02:18:19 PM »
I wish I still had Super Princess Peach. Sure she was weak, sure the game was realativley easy, but it was fun, and a good game to play in between games.

I also wish I still had the Gamecube version of Pac-Man World Rally. I haven't seen a GC version since I got rid of the one that I owned. It was also a lot of fun, and a good Mario Kart clone.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 03:50:19 PM »
Tengen Tetris!

I also traded in Katamari when the new version came out and then bought the original new a few months later. 

I accidently sold my only copy of SMAS+SMW at a garage sale last year.  I was getting rid of duplicate copies of SMAS and didn't realize on of them was +SMW.

I gave Excite Truck to my father-in-law about a month ago assuming I could buy another copy, but had no such luck.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 02:51:45 PM »
I don't see how anyone benefits from trading in games. Those video game chains give you like 15 bucks at most for your used games and then sell the game just 5 dollars below the suggested retail price, not to mention they keep the actual disc inside a file instead. Gross.

That's why I've never given any game stor ethe pleasure of buying my games. I prefer to sell them myself, though that happens rarely. I end up losing a lot of them too due to my inability to keep them locked up when the kids decide they'd marathon a lot of games and leave them lying around when they're not using them.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 02:56:44 PM »
That is one thing I like about the disc generation of games: Any save file that you have created is yours to keep, unless you decide to erase it. Pity that only works on memory card/SD card files..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 03:23:12 PM »
Whoa, how old is Mr. Wiggles?
That was a joke.

Print