Print

Author Topic: The History of Mega Man  (Read 6858 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 08:26:05 PM »
Like I said, I don't think he has Weapon Copy in those games.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »
LCD were at its best with the Tamagotchi and Giga Pet fads. They also subsequently killed LCD handheld gaming.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 08:55:38 PM »
1. Wrong
2. Possible
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 09:37:08 PM »
Virtual pets were an interesting swan song for LCD games, but that tech sure as heck wasn't going to be sticking around much longer no matter what came out for it.

Wait, come to think of it, I bought a bonafide LCD game not too long ago: this

LCD 4 Ever

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 11:08:26 PM »
I still think some of the better LCD games to come out were in the Game & Watch line. Games like Climber and Super Mario Bros. were incredibly in depth for a tiny little LCD game.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 08:19:23 AM »
I don't care what people say, in 1998 Virtual Pets kicked rear and were all over the place.

Nano's, Tamagotchi, Digimon (they originated in America as Virtual Pets), Giga Pets, everyone had one. I had a Frog.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 08:36:39 AM »
(they originated in America as Virtual Pets)

I thought they started in Japan as a Japanese anime cartoon.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »
12 seconds of research reveals that they were created in Japan with the idea of "Tamagotchi for boys" and made by the same company, Bandai.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »
Tamagotchis weren't for boys? I feel emasculated now.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »
I had one, and I think by the time the second one died I hated the concept so bad I never looked at it again.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 08:07:42 PM »
I had a Digimon, the Jurassic Park one, and a street brawler (real name is escaping me) ones that could connect together to "battle". I probably played with them all a total of a week before not playing with them anymore. It very quickly turned into a chore instead of a game. Almost like having a real pet!

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 11:25:41 PM »
I had a digimon and a tamagotchi. The digimon was fun to train and evolve and bring it to recess at school. I would find someone else with a digimon, hook them up to initiate battle, and then run across the playground and watch the fight.

I remember our neighbors had stolen one of my siblings' tamagotchis at some point. When we tried to get it back, the kid had a Reese's or something, and he goes "I ate your tamagotchi!" and showed us the Reese's in his mouth. I believed it so hard that as I remembered that story just now, I still felt a tiny twang that he really ate the tamagotchi.

Print