Print

Author Topic: Which Mario is Best?  (Read 19369 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 03:14:15 PM »
I love the old SNES-era Mario art, too, and agree that he was lost with the advent of SM64. I don't mind his 3D image much, though.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
How in the world did I never the differences between the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario's sprites?

Anyways, I'm going say I like Galaxy's Mario the best. For the same reasons many others have already said.

But in the 2D games I'm going to say Super Mario 3 had my favorite. I loved that sprite...

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 08:09:53 PM »
(Hi, new here.) Um, if you mean 'best' by character models, I like the Super Mario Galaxy model. It's smoother than all of the other models, other than the realistic Melee and Brawl ones. Though I always wanted a Mario Game Model based off of the official artwork of Super Mario 64.
Let's get the show on the road! ....wait, there was a road here, right?

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 01:25:48 PM »
1) Mario from Mario Galaxy
I love his animations, especially when he takes away his hat when you finish the level: he is sooo cute!!X3
I love also the colours used for the model, with that light and the perfect 3D!=)

2) I love the Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time one
Both Mario and Luigi are made in Pixel, but they look so precious! I would like them as toys when I look at animations and models!=)
Then I love so much the official artwork of every Mario & Luigi serie! I think they are the best and more detailed of every Mario Game!
I should have a poster of the beautiful drawings of these games...

3)Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games:
I love the soft colours they used for every character model and I love their quality! I especially love the boxart and the little movies in the game: they look so PERFECT!!! X3
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 06:45:11 PM »

1. Super Mario 64

2. Super Smash Bros. Melee

3. Mario Kart

4. Mario USA
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time because of Baby Mario being so cute.

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 12:37:44 AM »
Mario's look in Melee is my favorite. Denim. I was so pumped when I saw the first promotional photos for Melee. I thought to myself, "Wow, videogame graphics are getting so realistic. Eight years later, I've still never seen any Mario design that hasn't let me down, besides maybe the one in Brawl. The graphical updates in this decade have let me down so much.

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 01:58:19 PM »
Meh.

Not changed too much. theyre all fine to me.
Exite bots: trick racing [1333-5567-2647] Though i doubt any one else on this site has this game.
Super smash bros. Brawl [0903-9562-0486]

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 01:10:33 PM »
You're telling me this:

looks like this?

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 05:04:27 PM »
The Mario from Paper Mario has always been my favorite.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 07:13:18 AM »
You're telling me this:

looks like this?

i go by artwork when it comes to 8-bit.

That wasnt exactly his "design"
Exite bots: trick racing [1333-5567-2647] Though i doubt any one else on this site has this game.
Super smash bros. Brawl [0903-9562-0486]

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 08:06:33 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 09:05:19 AM »
Well, what did you expect? They're not gonna give him red hair or sandals or something.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 12:40:40 AM »
I still without a doubt have to go with MLSS. The Mario & Luigi series art style is something else. Beyond games. It's so awesome just to look at. It retains the cartoonish, fun nature of the Mario universe, but it's also got this matured, almost realistic tone to it.

Also, Luigi has funny socks in the Mario & Luigi artwork.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 08:00:09 AM »
Yes, I too am very fond of the M&L(SS) style, though the subtle turquoise patina is a little mysteriously off-putting.

Print