Poll

Do you write with your...

Right hand?
17 (70.8%)
Left hand?
5 (20.8%)
Right hand, but do everything else with your left?
1 (4.2%)
Left hand, but do everything else with your right?
1 (4.2%)
...Or, are you completely ambidextrous?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Print

Author Topic: Handedness  (Read 6947 times)

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 03:54:20 PM »
I'm right-handed. I can do the Vulcan with both hands quite easily.

I also can't really snap, period. I don't know if it's just because I never "practiced" as a child, or what.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 04:06:42 PM »
I've only somewhat recently gotten the hang of snapping. I can do it with either hand, though it just sort of turns into me rubbing my fingers together after a few good snaps.
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 04:12:08 PM »
Looks like you'll never beat Bobby Badfingers
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 04:23:20 PM »
Somebody should turn the shot of Bobby dancing from 1:07 to 1:09 into a .gif image.

I'm hopelessly inept when it comes to such little distinctions in life. I'm 16 and I can't snap my fingers, nor can I swim, whistle, or tie my own shoelaces. :'D
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 06:42:03 PM »

According to Left Brain, Right Brain DS I'm ambidextrous, but I do most things with my right hand.  I've read that it's good for you brain to do things with your nondominate hand and create new neural connections, but haven't seen how much this effects other brain functions.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 12:13:54 AM »
I'm naturally right-handed, but I've been trying to do things with my left hand, just for fun. Playing guitar upside-down is pretty cool.

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »
I'm right handed but I amuse myself by doing things DRAWING with my left hand.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:35:10 PM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 09:15:43 PM »
You might want to re-word that statement, Pt_Peach. Just sayin'.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 08:30:03 AM »
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 08:58:49 AM »
Either Picard is left-handed or he is right-handed and uses his left hand to facepalm.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 11:02:05 PM »
Hey, it was good advice. I don't think Weegee meant any harm by telling her to change it.

Sorry Pt, but I laughed my butt off. :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 11:44:12 PM »
It's not as though I meant any harm; I simply delight in exploiting the potentially emberassing mistakes of those around me. :'D

Well, not really. The oppurtunity to post just one off-putting remark was just too apparent to resist. My apologies for any offense caused, Pt. By the way, Picard is almost certainly fighting to hold back a giggle from escaping from beneath that facepalm.

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 02:29:30 AM »
No offense taken. Seriously, though, I laughed out loud when I read the mistake and got curious looks from around the room. :D
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print