Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy trading cards?  (Read 14210 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:45:32 AM »
Has anyone seen these around before? I didn't even know of such a thing until a few days ago when I was looking for Pokémon cards...

If anyone is curious, I'll post a little report of sorts on them.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:56:09 AM »
Who still plays with Pokemon cards these days?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 09:59:38 AM »
My nephews apparently...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 10:49:14 AM »
Plenty of people who shop where I work.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 11:52:59 AM »
I see them at Wal-Mart all the time.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 03:02:47 PM »
I feel bad for changing the topic now ._.

I see them at Wal-Mart all the time.

The Pokemon cards? Or Galaxy cards?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 03:59:40 PM »
The Galaxy cards.

Another one-liner for me.  I need to get some new material.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
Those Galaxy cards look so amazing that I would, provided that they're available in Canada, purchase the entire collection, fry them up and eat eat 'em, so they could always be a part of me. Otherwise, Club Nintendo's virtually-unobtainable, Mario-themed Hafunda cards will have to suffice:

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 10:28:54 AM »
Oh the Hanafuda! Those cards are really so great!
They also have that old-school design of Mario and Co. that I love so much!!! *_*

I have been informed that you can find the Hanafuda in internet, but they cost sooo much: about 40 Euros (don't know in dollars, but almost the same). I don't believe in this: I think only that some Japanese guys are taking advantage of the fact that you can find these beautiful cards only in the Japanese Nintendo Fan Club.... =/

Anyway, since when have the Super Mario Galaxy trading cards been sold? This is the first time I see them: I hope they will be sold also in Europe!
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »
You can get them in the American Club Nintendo now as well. What is it, 800 coins?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 10:50:31 AM »
I have been informed that you can find the Hanafuda in internet, but they cost sooo much: about 40 Euros (don't know in dollars, but almost the same).
40 Euros = 55.67600 U.S. dollars

I don't believe in this: I think only that some Japanese guys are taking advantage of the fact that you can find these beautiful cards only in the Japanese Nintendo Fan Club.... =/
I live in the US and have a deck from club.nintendo.com which I believe services NA.  I think most major countries have a Club Nintendo now.  Have you checked to see if they are available at NOE? 
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/service/nintendo_global_2148.html
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 11:51:35 AM »
I saw Twilight Princess trading cards (including stickers, etc.) at a Wal-Mart two years or so back while Halloween shopping. I bought 'em for my brother's birthday.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 03:16:39 PM »
You can get them in the American Club Nintendo now as well. What is it, 800 coins?

800 Coins on the button. They're certainly available in Japan and North America, but it's hard to say the same for Super Catalina's native Italy. Of course, eBay always has a few decks for sale, albeit at exorbitantly high prices.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 01:41:16 AM »
Those are not high prices.

Nintendo charges $800 for them.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 02:09:59 AM »
Well, the cards cost $800, but then you get $800 worth of games for free.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print