Poll

Wild World or City Folk?

Wild World
City Folk
Print

Author Topic: The Crossing Conundrum  (Read 6486 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 11:51:03 PM »
Hmmm, indeed... what does the Stone of Agony do in the VC version, then?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 12:00:56 AM »
Does it do anything?
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 12:42:37 AM »
Nope. Unless it emits some visual notification along with the now-missing rumble, it has been rendered useless on VC.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 05:45:38 AM »
If money were no object, trust me; I would be getting OoT, Star Tropics, City Folk, The World Ends With You, and several others I've been wanting.  But right now, I'm just looking for literally endless replay value for a reasonable price.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 08:00:37 AM »
There's just no satisfaction in life sims.
16+ Million copies of The Sims want to have a talk with you.  Last I heard The Sims was the third most sold game in the world behind Pokemon RGB and SMB3, but I haven't kept up with Wii Sports or other system tie-ins. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »
Good point. Animal Crossing seems to drain a portable's batteries particularly fast. My DS displays the low-battery warning light after only four hours of Wild World.
Wild World has pretty much killed my DS's battery life. I'm not even sure if it gets three hours anymore...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 11:31:55 PM »
Okay, you're talking about charge capacity wearing down from multiple recharges and Weegee is talking about the system pulling more power. Those are way different.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 01:31:01 PM »
I used to really love Animal Crossing. I went all out in the Gamecube version, basically got everything you could ever want in the game. Then I got the DS one and it was pretty cool to see all the new items and playing online was nifty the few times I did it. Then I got City Folk, and considering how it was the most cop-out-y, 90% rehash of the DS version, it was insanely frustrating and killed whatever desire I had left to play the series. Since then, I sold/gave away all three of them.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Print