Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163995 times)

« Reply #600 on: March 20, 2010, 12:32:09 PM »
The starman in NSMB is a rainbow star, it makes you have that rainbow effect. I call it rainbow Mario. Sonic wishes he was that fast.

The official site for NSMB(DS) clearly calls the item a Starman.  Interestingly enough, the NSMB Wii site simply calls its parallel a "Super Star".  The Rainbow Star only appears in Super Mario Galaxy, and its only distinction it has from the Star/Super Star/Starman is that the star is multicolored, rather than simply flashing different colors.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #601 on: March 20, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »
It's a new version of the star, it makes you have rainbow effects and run faster (or accelerate faster). It is the rainbow version the super star and therefore to separate it from the regular star it is easier to refer to it as a rainbow star as well.

« Reply #602 on: March 20, 2010, 04:26:35 PM »
^ That's like saying that the red Mushrooms from Super Mario 64 DS should be called Mega Mushrooms, even though they clearly resemble the standard Super Mushrooms, and are called the latter in the game's manual.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #603 on: March 20, 2010, 07:15:45 PM »
However the super mushrooms are clearly stated what they. The stars are slightly different in many games and are called different names.

« Reply #604 on: March 20, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »
Except I already proved that they were named otherwise in the two NSMBs, and can do so for any other game besides SMG.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #605 on: March 20, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
c-c-c-c-combo breaker
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #606 on: March 21, 2010, 12:01:28 AM »
c-c-c-c-combo breaker
Almost felt like doing that myself...

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #607 on: March 21, 2010, 03:38:31 PM »
That's it I'm done with reasoning, flame war.
You snivel shallow shell or a man, you pagan puss jdaster64!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #608 on: March 22, 2010, 04:47:51 AM »
That's it I'm done with reasoning, flame war.
You snivel shallow shell or a man, you pagan puss jdaster64!

Watch your step.
Formerly quite reasonable.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #609 on: March 25, 2010, 09:50:05 AM »
eep,... okay
O_O

« Reply #610 on: April 07, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »
If this game was harder it'd be perfect.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #611 on: April 08, 2010, 03:28:43 PM »
If this game was harder it'd be perfect.
Have you played multiplayer.  That always makes it harder for me.  Also, 9-7.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #612 on: April 08, 2010, 04:13:41 PM »
Seeing as 98% of the global human population sucks at traditional Mario platformers, multiplayer makes things more frustrating than challenging. 9-7 contends as the second- or third-hardest level in my opinion, with 9-6 being the toughest.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #613 on: April 08, 2010, 04:36:10 PM »
9-6 wasn't that bad, especially alone.  9-7 was brutal, though, and 7-6 is a nightmare with multiple players.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #614 on: April 08, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
9-7 is the only level I'm still missing star coins in.  9-6 was tough, but once you learn the timing it's not too bad.  I used a propeller suit to get the last star coin though.  On the other hand, 9-7 doesn't let you slow down for long so there's not much time to think about timing your moves. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print