Print

Author Topic: Why don't any of you people have VVVVVV  (Read 27231 times)

« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2010, 07:38:10 PM »
Huh, I bid a bit over $300 so I don't believe I qualify for that deal.

A real shame they lost so much money from that promise though.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2010, 08:34:47 PM »

« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2010, 08:48:32 PM »
Is there a reason he called it PPPPPP?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2010, 08:50:42 PM »
Go back and look at the names of the tracks in the game again.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2010, 09:49:01 PM »
With luck, they won't lose what made the soundtrack great along the way, as so many songs on OCRemix seem to.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2010, 11:17:41 PM »
Is there a reason he called it PPPPPP?
Yes. He really had to go to the bathroom.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2010, 01:15:34 AM »
Why haven't any of you lizard people drunk PPPPPP
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2010, 08:13:24 AM »
I think a better question is, why do all the song names start with "P"? It's a chicken/egg thing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »
The answer to both is: because he made them like that.

With luck, they won't lose what made the soundtrack great along the way, as so many songs on OCRemix seem to.
This from the guy who said the soundtrack would benefit from orchestral arrangements.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2010, 10:28:23 AM »
Examples.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2010, 11:08:30 AM »
This from the guy who said the soundtrack would benefit from orchestral arrangements.
Right - orchestral arrangements that pay homage to the soundtrack, not remix them to such an extent that the original track is unrecognizable.

Examples.
You have an abundance tracks like this or this, which just plain don't do the original pieces justice, and tracks like this and this, which have some good bits but contain a lot of tedious padding.  It's not a bad site, but combine the aforementioned categories with the crippling lack of diversity in the games they remix, and I'd say it's not all it's cracked up to be.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2010, 12:11:44 PM »
Well, if you don't like one ReMix, there's a couple thousand others, and it's not like they're all by the same people. Besides, that's the whole point--just listen to the original if it's so musically delicate.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2010, 12:23:44 PM »
Except there usually aren't a couple thousand others, since apart from a few [sometimes undeserving] popular tracks and games, there are maybe two or three remixes for a given song, if you're lucky.  Heck, this also applies to how much attention the games themselves get.  Look at the list of most remixed albums for the PS1; Final Fantasy VII has a whopping eighty-seven remixes, with an insane drop off to Xenogears' thirty-six. 

And sometimes the original has the raw notes down but the instruments aren't as good, usually because of the technical limitations of the system its source game was on.  The ending for Super Metroid, for instance - one of my favorite songs of all time, provided the instruments sound more authentic than what you'd find in a SNES game.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2010, 01:17:21 PM »
What I want to know is why they're so [darn] stubborn about that Super Metroid album being in any format other than the one nobody listens to.

« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2010, 04:46:45 PM »
I just wanted to link this nice retrospective as a counterpoint to Turtlekid1's "meh".

Print