Print

Author Topic: Could Mario talk more without it being annoying?  (Read 11296 times)

« on: April 12, 2010, 10:03:12 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ihWsOcbS_E This is a decent start here.

I'm not asking for loads of dialogue, but a little something more than a grunt of pain and a yes and a no.

If the characters started talking more it could open up new possibilities for the Mario games...make 'em a little deeper without turning them into crappy ripoffs of some other story.

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:39:43 PM »
Well, it seems that you have gotten straight into the point, if mario and others characters would talk a lot more often and thinks like that, it would open a new side of the mushroom world that we have never seen before, or something like that.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 10:40:31 PM »
...Is that actually Charles Martinet speaking?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:52:23 PM »
...Is that actually Charles Martinet speaking?
You better believe it...

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 01:09:17 AM »
I believe it, having seen several such videos (notably, the Star Wars spoof) before.  But holy crap, though, Mario/Martinet being censored, even as a joke?  That's a new one on me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:34:51 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 04:21:53 PM »
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 06:47:18 PM »
Less Italian accent, more Brooklyn accent.

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 07:24:53 PM »
Like, are we talkin'

-Brooklyn

or

-Brooklyn

or

-Brooklyn?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 07:48:02 PM »
Ah... I never get tired of that video. It's like a side of Mario that we just don't get to see in the games...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 08:24:19 PM »
Less Italian accent, more Brooklyn accent.

Eh, 80s purist.

I've always felt that Charles Martinet should be given free reign to ad lib Mario's dialog in the next Mario game, and that they should use ALL of it. Like, give Mario more random phrases to say when wandering around the levels. Have him respond in a funny way when characters speak to him. The man's got talent and they don't use it.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 09:15:40 PM »
-Brooklyn?

Irritated, balding, bossy, slightly-fearful middle aged Mario is the greatest.

I would not mind one bit if Bob Huskins became the voice of Mario once Martinet can no longer provide his voice.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 09:15:54 AM »
Bob Hoskins hates Mario. I doubt he'd ever agree to it.

Captain Lou Albano is dead, so that rules him out too.

Looks like we're stuck with high-pitched Mario until the day Mr. Martinet passes. :P

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 09:20:27 AM »
And even then, since the high-pitched voice has become so associated with the character, they'll probably hire someone who sounds just like Martinet.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 09:32:20 AM »
Are you all forgetting about Mario is Missing or are you just choosing to ignore it?

Seriously though. I find it funny that most of Mario's lines have two versions; a Brooklyn accent one and an Italian accent one.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 09:56:16 AM »
Are you all forgetting about Mario is Missing or are you just choosing to ignore it?
Both, because I've never played it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print