Print

Author Topic: How would you wrap up the Mario series?  (Read 13587 times)

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 11:54:07 AM »
Except they don't, because they'll keep getting interquels until the end of time.

Notice how I put wrap up in quotation marks.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 12:14:12 PM »
This makes me think of the Metroid games, and of how many times they can plausibly bring back the eponymous creatures, since, y'know, they've been officially eradicated since way back in Return of Samus.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 10:47:08 AM »
Except they don't, because they'll keep getting interquels until the end of time.
If its good enough for Street Fighter, it's good enough for Mario.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 11:58:45 AM »
Street Fighter has never had a "story-ending" game either.
That was a joke.

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2010, 08:42:17 PM »
I like the "tie everything in idea" expect that it realistically won't happen (at least for awhile). Ironically, if you're trying to suggest making an "epic-storyline" it would be nearly impossible to tie everything in. And even if they made the game with no storyline it would be weird. Besides that, it would takes years to re-create every place Mario has even been in (or main places) in 3-D and with a matching style. How would SMB1/2/3 look in contrast to the SMS level? Also, for the game to make sense it should only include main games. But even with that, think of how limited it'd be. The first 4 games were all side-scrolling with minimal story and the next games were all 3-D and I can't see it being interesting if they combined them into one game.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 10:53:47 PM »
I personally think it would be interesting to see how they would do all of that, if they chose to do it.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print