Print

Author Topic: Who reads Comic Books?  (Read 3101 times)

« on: July 25, 2001, 05:49:56 PM »
Well, I do.  I am a DC comic fan and collector.  I collect "Young Justice" by Peter David, "Robin" and "Nightwing" by Chuck Dixon, and "Batgirl" by Kelly Puckett

I am a big Batman fan, and used to collect every Batman title, but wallet restrictions have forced me to downsize.

I love comic books, being a bit a a writer/artist myself.  Young Justice is definetly my favorite.  It is written and draw just the way I like it, and I highly recomend it to anyone here.

So, who else reads/collects comics?  If your a Marvel fan, that's okay.  Nobody's perfect (kidding!  Spider-Man and the X-men are awesome!)

Comic lovers, unite!!

Edited by - Roy Koopa on 7/25/2001 4:53:15 PM
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2001, 02:27:36 PM »
You're talking to a fan here,I don't have many comics,but I like them a lot.in fact,for my birthday yesterday,my friend won me a sonic special addition Super Sonic vs. Hyper Knuckles comic,a classic,how's that for a fan!

"If it''''s a joke, laugh at it"
All hail the almighty oreo master

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2001, 11:19:50 PM »
I think I have that!

--Roy Koopa

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2001, 01:20:43 PM »
I just got it a few days ago,it rules!it also has my fav of the chaotix(next to knuckles of course)Mighty!

i''m the guardian of this island!If that last emerald fails,it could spell doom for everyone!-Knuckles the echidna

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2001, 10:02:49 PM »
I don't really collect comics, but I think Batman is the all time coolest comic book character. Does that count?
I want to be where the Yaks can run free;
Where the marmosets can attack me!

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2001, 11:30:45 PM »
Sure.  :)

Check out "Batman: The Animated Series" on Cartoon Network for the best cartoon ever staring the best comic character ever.

--

I''ve decided to add a signature.  Now...what should I type?  Hmm...
--Roy Koopa

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2001, 01:54:20 AM »
I'm really not a big comic book guy, but I have to agree with you about Batman:  The Animated Series.  That is simply one of the (if not THE) best, deepest, most poignant animated show I have ever seen.  It elevated the medium (before it got all cheesy and added Robin, etc.).  First cartoon I ever saw that actually had a little pathos in it.

Oh yeah, the first [Batman} two movies were awesome too!  Especially Catwoman! ;)  Michelle Pfeifer in tight leather. . . oh, mamma!

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

Link

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2001, 07:51:09 AM »
Bionicle. It just came out. Lego is making all kinds of stuff for it.

------------------------------
The unoffical vice-president

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2001, 11:39:38 AM »
Anyone see those really old Batman tv shows?
Those were cool!  They wore the classic out fits, like Robins red/green/yellow ensamble.

See you next time....Same Bat Channel, same bat time.....
--
"True Dat!"
Mæriô from da Ghetto©

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2001, 09:24:15 PM »
Holy exploding flashlight batteries, Batman!

Ah yes... I grew up watching the Batman TV series, or reruns of it anyway.  I wonder why TV Land doesn't run the show anymore?  It used to be on Nick at Nite.

Ditto about the Batman cartoons.  Not the fairy 'New Batman' or the dopey 'Adventures of Batman and Superman'- No.  I'm talking about the original.  Oh yeah.  That is a quality show, just quality.
I want to be where the Yaks can run free;
Where the marmosets can attack me!

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2001, 10:06:25 PM »
Wow, I'm glad to see someone that agrees with me about the Batman cartoons.  I really don't think "Batman Beyond" does the character justice.  The new look just is NOT intimidating at all--when I see some kid in tight spandex and big, goofy bat-ears, I definitley don't think to myself "that's the Dark Knight."  The original animated series though, oh man. . . that show was awesome.  I'm talking pre-Robin, pre-Batgirl, pre-all that crap--back when it was just Batman and his dark, painful past.  Even the badguys had a deep, psychological back-story, a solid motive for their crimes.  Definitley a nice change of pace from the usual stuff.

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2001, 03:16:01 PM »
Lotta "Batman: TAS" fans here.  Cool.  I have to say that I agree that the older episodes are cooler, but, for the record, I still really enjoy the newer stuff, including "Batman Beyond."

If any of you get the chance to see a 'newer' episode entitled "Growing Pains," that was really good.  Two others I know people would like are "Mad Love" and "Over the Edge."  If you get the chance, watch 'em!

--

I''ve decided to add a signature.  Now...what should I type?  Hmm...
--Roy Koopa

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2001, 03:41:30 PM »
I read comics! I love YJ, but I haven't been very interested in many others, partially because thay are expensive, and I just don't have the money. But I do have a friend who collects nearly everything, and he lets me and another friend ;)read some of his for free! But I think Batman is awesome, too.

Exit, stage right! ;)
Exit, stage right! ;)

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2001, 06:10:17 AM »
I'm trying to cacth up on YJ,but you and Weegie already know that.
I like the Bionical comics!I also love the figures!

MarioandLink

Mario and Zelda BOTH rule!

Vote Marionut#1 and Link!

Edited by - MarioandLink on 8/11/2001 4:52:50 AM
--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

Print