Print

Author Topic: Yoshis or Yoshies?  (Read 3498 times)

« on: March 18, 2002, 06:59:58 AM »
What do you think is the plural of Yoshi? Yoshis or Yoshies, or something else?

I think it is "Yoshies."

Microsoft X-Box unanimously voted "Worst Game Console There Ever Was And Ever Will Be"
I am a Mario Hacker! Specializing in SMB1. Hacks completed: 1
Why is the word ''dictionary'' in the dictionary? If you don't know what a dictionary is, you wouldn't know to look in the dictionary to find the definition of dictionary.

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2002, 04:24:41 PM »
It has to be Yoshies.  In games, it referrs to it as that, and plus that is the correct grammitical rule (OK, I'm going TOO far).
 n/a

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2002, 04:40:58 PM »
Yoshoo.

"Sure, most Nintendo fans remain hopeful, because this is essentially a pre-requisite for being a Nintendo fan, but I personally have had enough. This company seems to hate its consumers. It doesn''t even know who the hell they are. We are not a bunch of idiot kids who want 10-hours in Miyamoto''s garden marvelling at how detailed the textures are on some giant tincan. We want ACTUAL VIDEOGAMES! Of course, Nintendo are too high on themselves to realize this."

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2002, 05:48:56 PM »
It has to be Yoshies.

I''m-a Luigi, number one!
 I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2002, 07:09:36 PM »
yoshis yoshies well if it was yoshis it wouldn't be yoshies  witch i think is right in games i don't think they would put yoshis when you really spell it yoshies and they do spell it like that in the games!
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2002, 07:16:55 PM »
I think both can be correct. I personaly add the e, as I think that looks better, but all in all, it is your call.....

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2002, 09:06:11 AM »
maybe it's like the plural of moose...moose
and yoshi would be yoshi

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2002, 10:35:41 AM »
in the smw2 prologue it says yoshi's island is where the yoshies live so it must be yoshies.

I am the all powerful Mamuu (Wart) and I am  here to take over Sub-Con then, The Mushroom kingdom then, The Mushroom kingdom (the site)then, The Mushroom World then, Hyrule then, oh forget it.
Also known as orolo1

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2002, 10:27:49 PM »
I always thought that the plural of moose was "meese", since the plural of goose is geese. I got the idea of "meese" from the Pinky and the Brain episode "Brain Acres", where they said...

B: Pinky, AYPWIP?
P: I think so, Brain, but if the plural of mouse is "mice", wouldn't the plural of spouse be "spice"?

And then the plural of house would be "hice", right?

Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2002, 02:15:08 PM »
did you see the one with the hack and sack socko kicky sack sack kickers factory?

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2002, 12:22:18 PM »
What ever happend to the Pinky & The Brain and Animaniacs cartoons? They were some of the funniest Warner Bros. cartoons! Did they get cancled?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2002, 01:27:57 PM »
I always write Yoshi plural as 'Yoshies'.

"Yoshi!" -Yoshi the green dinosaur [from Yoshi's Story...and beyond]
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2002, 12:23:14 AM »
I've seen it as both "Yoshies" and "Yoshis" in Nintendo publications. Any English majors out there...?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2002, 08:49:20 AM »
Hmm, this could get very complicated...

I guess we should e-mail Nintendo and ask them about this puzzling situation...
---

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2002, 06:32:19 PM »
it's Yoshys!

sorry, i just feel like acting stupid

Eddy: Ed, stop eating all the cheese!
Ed: Cheese? Swiss?
Eddy: Peperroni. Italian.
Ed: Slicer. Aluminum.

Print