Print

Author Topic: bowser or kuppa?  (Read 3718 times)

« on: May 01, 2002, 12:18:03 AM »
i am really confused!!! bowser or kuppa???

gwapo ko!
gwapo ko!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2002, 12:36:48 AM »
US = Bowser
Japan = Kuppa (Koopa)

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2002, 05:32:44 PM »
Wow, I've never seen Deezer post one before. Cool.

Born To Play:

"What if everything you see is more than what you see– the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you''''ll find many unexpected things."

-Shigeru Miyamoto
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2002, 07:28:19 PM »
I have anyway I got a Mini-Classic(small game that looks like its a gameboy) Super Mario Vrothers at a locale Rite-Aid store(odd place to sell it isn't it) and its not half bad and Koopa's name is Kuppa.

Mario and Yoshi rule!
http://www.geocities.com/chauncey7175/Yoshies_Super_Island.html is a great Place for Yoshi! Ps.Visit the message board! note:Im also Ludwig Von Koopa as well as SuperYoshi7175. Ps.again Ok Join the Mario Clan the only clan totally devoted to Mario!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2002, 06:56:32 AM »
Bowser is the King of the Koopa's

the race being Koopa and Bowser is king over them. Simple ah?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2002, 09:49:21 AM »
In Japan, and in the cartoons/movie, everyone calls him Koopa. But his 'other' name is Bowser, in America.

Nintendo of America calls him by his full name, which is King Bowser Koopa...his last name is Koopa and his first name is Bowser!

If this is so, then why did the movie/cartoons always refer to him as King Koopa? Were they calling him by his American last name, or were they calling him by his Japanese first name?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 09:23:15 AM »
think about it . . . President Bush, King Koopa, they always have the last name think of king henry the VII, er, nm

Eddy: Ed, stop eating all the cheese!
Ed: Cheese? Swiss?
Eddy: Peperroni. Italian.
Ed: Slicer. Aluminum.

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2002, 09:01:50 PM »
in super smash bros melee, if you change the language to japanese, the game will call bowser "Koopa", Jigglypuff is now "Purin", and Ice Climbers is now Ice Climber. other interesting things about this is that instead of showing the nes and snes in the trophy collection, it shows the japanese famicom and super famicom systems.
~TMK''s resident mute~

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2002, 07:28:04 PM »
President George. Hee.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Print