Print

Author Topic: Mario Bar  (Read 681892 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #630 on: November 01, 2002, 12:05:16 AM »
You shall now be eternally happy. The great Nintendo deities bless you. (MAN, that was dumb.)

OoT: As far as I know, you can't get the game into an unwinnable state. And it's OoT, no "the".

You mean you didn't get SFA?!?!
Put this man in jail.
Sorry... heh heh heh...
Yeah, Rouge Leader is really cool to play, looks really neat-o and everything, but from what I can tell, it gets boring. But don't get me wrong, it's an awesome game.
I hope you get SMS & SFA soon so you can experience the pure joy of both those games.
I hope I didn't come off as sounding overly arrogant in this post. :-)

P.S. Man! I made like 5 typos in this so I had to edit it 5 separate times (I only noticed one at a time) to avoid looking like a hypocritical doofus.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 10/31/2002 10:14:27 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #631 on: November 01, 2002, 12:22:01 AM »
Well the real reason why I didnt get SFA is Im working on OoT and the gameplay is almost identical to that of SFA and the reason why SMS is not my first choice. Its $50 Rouge Leader was $40. Now hears what I have done wrong with OoT I did not complete many of the tasks I had the choice to as Kid Link. These are 1, planting beans 2, Killing enough spiders of the curse to get the really big wallet 3, selling all happy mask shop masks. Advice please. And now my gamelist if anyone cares. After I finish RL these are the games I will get. 1,Sonic Mega Pack 2, SMS 3, SFA 4,Tony Hawk 3 5, Super Monkey Ball 6, Pikmin 7, Luigis Mansion. List is subject to change.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #632 on: November 01, 2002, 12:24:58 AM »
A few suggestions:
Bump Sonic to somewhere later in the list.
Just get Tony Hawk 4.

And I feel I must say that
SFA - OoT play CONTROLS almost identical, yes.
SFA - OoT gameplay almost identical, no.
SFA rocks OoT off its foundation.

SL, if it's a message you're trying to get out, then put it on YOUR OWN post. I won't mess with it there.
Certainly, I agree that Zelda games are excellent, but it's my *~*oPiNiOn*~* that SFA is better than them. So why can't you leave me with my opinion? You want me to leave YOUR opinion alone, so why do you insist on negating mine? I respect your opinion. Why don't you respect mine?
Starfox 2 was never even fully developed, so how would you be able to know how it would have been when it was finished. And what they did, actually, they decided to stop SF2 and turn what they were working on into SF64.
The "Starfox" game for Atari 2600 had nothing to do with Fox McCloud... I have an ad for it in an old comic book.
One more thing: Really, I believe the new GCN Zelda game might match the greatness of SFA. But I think the Starfox characters have a great deal more depth than square people who they say are supposed to look realistic, who don't utter a sound. In the new one, I believe the Zelda characters will have more depth. But SFA's storyline and the sheer variety of events is astounding. So post your thoughts in your own post.
Last thing: I love the music from OoT. I love the way the game feels. But the way you play the game, I don't like. In OoT, you wander around aimlessly with no clue what to do next. Unless you can figure out the vague clues from people. And that makes it fun for some people. In SFA, you know what you must do, but it's the challenge of actually doing it that makes it fun. That's the sharp contrast between the two games. I just prefer SFA because the game hinges on different play mechanics.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 11/3/2002 6:50:07 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #633 on: November 01, 2002, 11:42:33 AM »
1. You can to back to being a kid after beating the Forest Temple to plant them.
2. There are enough spiders left as an adult to get you the wallet, and the Skulltula House is still there.
3. Take my word for it, the Mask of Truth does absolutely NOTHING other than getting useless conversation with Gossip Stones.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #634 on: November 01, 2002, 05:21:36 PM »
i wanna go rent SFA but i dunno if its gonna be avalible. last time it wasnt there, but i really wanna get it. man!
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

« Reply #635 on: November 01, 2002, 06:41:55 PM »
Hi guys. Sorry for being gone so long but the urge to beat Paper Mario in 5 days before I returned the rental was just to strong for me to ignore, and it paid off because I beat the game today and have to return it today. :D

« Reply #636 on: November 01, 2002, 07:31:45 PM »
"Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay."

That's from "The Outsiders": GREAT BOOK!

Johnny: Stay gold, Ponyboy... Stay gold!

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Edited by - MadMario on 11/2/2002 6:45:22 AM

« Reply #637 on: November 01, 2002, 08:09:50 PM »
I love that book! Ponyboy and Johnny hiding from the cops, them meeting Cherry Valance and that other girl whose name has been forgotten, the dispute over the hoods and socs. That was one good book!

And you say YOU don't want your posts edited.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 11/1/2002 9:40:18 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #638 on: November 01, 2002, 11:37:31 PM »
Hmm... I've heard some vague mention of that book... somone told me I probably wouldn't like it. Hmm.
That was a joke.

« Reply #639 on: November 02, 2002, 01:17:52 AM »
Where is the cursed Forrest Temple and what the heck do I need to do in Kakariko Village!

« Reply #640 on: November 02, 2002, 01:24:35 AM »
Hey by the way my former friend (the original ooze) was thinking of making a large Mario fanfic. But as I said he's gone nuts totaly forgotten all that he once loved and started over. So I was thinking of taking the notes that he left me and doing it myself. What do you guys think? Heres a taste of what it's about. It's the story of Mario and Luigi and thier entrance to TMK. It deals with a bit of thier lives before entering. It's a little bit more dark dramatic and serious than the Mario games but the short story it's based on looks pretty interesting to me. Well let me know your thoughts.

« Reply #641 on: November 02, 2002, 09:24:09 AM »
So, your "former friend" was the original ooze? Does that make you ooze 2?

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #7:

"Darkness comes over the land,
The Night grabs us with its cold, sticky hand.
We beg the Night to let us go,
But it grabs us tighter, saying, `No.`
Then it stabs us in the head.
Because of Daylight Saving Time, we now are dead."

« Reply #642 on: November 02, 2002, 12:28:52 PM »
You know the place with broken stairs in the Sacred Forest Meadow? That's the Forest Temple, but you need the hookshot to get up to it. Don't worry about Kakariko Village until after the Water Temple.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #643 on: November 02, 2002, 04:12:25 PM »
Hmmmm, I really suck at the 3D LoZ games... But am usually very good at the 2D ones... I have a 13 (Indicating times the game was turned off + times died... NOT merely times died. I died exactly ONCE in that file.) next to my file in LoZ: A Link to the Past (SNES) and a big fat 0 (Indicating times died only) on Link's Awakening (GB), and yet I can't even beat either one of the N64 LoZ games... (I own both)

Speaking of times died, I finally figured out as to what that "No. 91" (Well, it's now a No. 10) next to my SMA3 file is for. It shouws the number of times you died. My new goal is to get a "No. 1" by my file to show a truly perfect file.

The Outsiders... I remember reading that is 7th grade. I read it in Communications class and although I liked the book, I HATED the teacher. She.... she was hard to describe but I hated her.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

« Reply #644 on: November 02, 2002, 07:16:26 PM »
yes. indeed.
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

Print