Print

Author Topic: Does the snes mouse come with a mouse ball?  (Read 1843 times)

« on: September 28, 2002, 10:58:45 AM »
I bought a used one and it didn't come with one. I fugured It was 'cause it was lost by the person who had it before me,but I wanted to make sure.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2002, 01:19:25 PM »
I'd go with your hypothesis.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2002, 11:05:05 PM »
I highly doubt that it's an optical mouse.
Anyway, when I did use one, I'm pretty sure it had a ball in it.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2002, 12:18:31 AM »
the snes mouse did have a ball in it new, and it is optical in the since that the ball turns a wheel that has holes in it that light shines through like most other mouses with balls in them.  the ball and wheel can sometimes stick or slip messing up the accuracy and precision of the mouses.  the new "optical" only mouses don't have the ball or wheel anymore so they are more precise.

i have tried to make an snes mouse work with a ps/2 computer for a computer mod. that I am building in an nes case, but so far haven't be able to reverse engineer the snes mouse.  if anyone has specs on it please let me know.  i am also looking for a 64DD keyboard for the n64 and specs on it to use it in the project.

Edited by - Luigison on 9/28/2002 11:35:06 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print