Print

Author Topic: Society of the Forum Secret Keepers  (Read 49599 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2003, 11:29:13 PM »
^_^ Yay! (I have a good memory!) ...long term, anyway. Heheh...

Wheel_Kirby, doing that is gonna make them wanna tell ya even less. And frankly, it's not very becoming. Plus, it stretches out the page, forming an ugly horizontal scrollbar.
My sig says *complaining,* not *whining.*

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2003, 11:34:31 PM »
ohh! I see, so how do I do that?

Oh, wait, THOSE DARN PEOPLE, NOT TELLING ME ANY THING I WANT TO KNOW, WELL IVE HERE LONGER THAN SOME OF THE DUDES THAT KNOW MORE THAN EVEN ME. is that good?

\
\\  __
\\\(^^) Rollin,Rollin,Rollin

Guns dont kill people, I kill people
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2003, 11:41:35 PM »
That is probably better for Sapphira since it is here signature.  My signature is:

I don't know the html loop hole, so don't ask.

-------------------

But, of course I should update it. to say:

[esc][/esc]I know the html loop hole, but don't ask!

Posted by Luigison.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2003, 11:47:26 PM »
And, even I forget to put in a < bracket and
 tags.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2003, 11:50:48 PM »
Well, I said it was futile, but you sure seem awfully persistant.

It could use more work. First of all, you're yelling (cap letters), and second of all, you're venting more than complaining.
Complaining needs confidence--reasons WHY they should tell you, and back those reasons up.
And don't yell or vent or whine; complain in a more sophisticated manner, like in the form of an innocent question. THEN give your reasons why. And don't hassle them; gently urge them, bringing it up casually every once in a while, or else you'll seem desperate and annoying.

(Complaining 101(TM), Lesson 2 by Sapphira)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2003, 12:29:31 AM »
AAH! It's kirby_101! He knew how to do HTML! At least, I think he did.

Now, actually, I agree with frostbite and Steve. Perhaps this topic will serve as a testament against "playing with fire."
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2003, 12:29:33 AM »

Edited by - Chupperson WEIRD on 5/12/2003 11:30:43 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2003, 03:47:08 AM »
Just close this topic,put the poison mushroom on & its all done.When I sed:"Can I join?" You knew what I meant.

Finally,I own Wind Waker.
Praise the Lord!
Find your inner monkey.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2003, 12:54:16 PM »
So what you're saying is, I can't make little animations like Pikachu getting crushed by a hammer?  Or any images for that matter?

Long live the Mario Brothers!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2003, 07:08:48 PM »
Well.... You COULD post the link to the Pikachu smash animation that I am now DYING to see on the forum...

And please refrain from copy-pasting long posts like that last one. It's annoying. I had to edit it out, and that's something I really don't want to have to do again. Please don't do that again.

And I don't know the HTML secret, nor do I really want to anymore.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2003, 08:48:21 PM »
Hey C.W., I've been meaning to ask: Why is your name capitalized strangely in the "Edited By" line nowadays?

"I''m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!"

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2003, 08:53:46 PM »
What an appropriate place to ask. He's using a little "trick" I taught him.

Lizard Dude’s sig is my favorite.

Edited by - WAtoAD on 5/13/2003 7:55:34 PM
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2003, 09:57:09 PM »
Oh, wait, there is something else I wanted to say.

Are you guys still accepting votes on the future of this thread? In case you don't remember, these are the choices Luigison proposed:

[] Delete
[] Keep
[] Close

After reading your votes and the arguments you gave in support of them, I have made my choice; I vote Delete. There is ONE reason behind my decision, and I think it is of paramount importance. Recall these words from earlier on in this topic:

"You know, if you are actually able to edit posts w/o having the proper password, this board system is seriously unstable. If I had the time, I'd look into it. Oh well. Perhaps the Fungi Forums will just have to be shut down."

This apocalyptic message comes straight from the fingertips of David Dayton. For those of you who don't know (as if), he is a staff member of TMK. So, while he doesn't have control of these forums outright, he has some significant influence, and I do not think it's impossible that he could make good (or, more sensibly, BAD) on his threat.

Now, although he doesn't condone abuse of HTML and the like, Deezer seems to look more favorably  upon things that this topic discusses than David does. He's the actual owner of the Fungi Forums (excluding ClassicGaming/GameSpy), and I can't imagine that they would be shut down without his approval.

But the fact is not changed: SOTFSK has led David to seriously suggest shutting down the message board. This is not a good thing. Indeed, it is the worst thing I have seen since I came here. I would very much like to distance myself from this as much as possible, and the best way I can see for doing that is to delete this topic.

Those of you who would like to see SOTFSK stick around, think about this. It is possible that keeping this topic could cause the controversy to continue and thus eventually lead to David's closing the forums entirely. If the forums are gone, what have you achieved by saving this one topic? In actuality, what you would have done is not only delete this very topic that you wanted to save but also delete the whole board. Is that what you want?

Whether the forums' destruction could truly come as a result of SOTFSK I don't know, but we've come way too close to it already. So I vote adamantly to Delete this topic.

One or more of you said that you think it'd be a shame to see this thread go because it, for example, created my favorite signature. What you can do to solve your problem is simply save a copy of it to your hard drive. Then we could delete it from here while the history would be preserved for those who want it to be.

Lizard Dude’s sig is my favorite.

Edited by - Watoad on 5/13/2003 9:04:06 PM
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2003, 10:05:25 PM »
good piont.

\
\\  __
\\\(^^) Rollin,Rollin,Rollin

Guns dont kill people, I kill people
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2003, 10:52:03 PM »
Hmm... Ditto. (And no, Luigison, I'm *NOT* bipolar. Heehee.)
I really don't want the FF to close down. Right now, this place is my life and only contact with the outside world (well, excluding friends that I keep in touch with regularly outside of school.)
...Wow. I sound pretty pathetic.

Perhaps we should wait to see what David says after reading this. (Hopefully he will.)

--------------------

Print