Print

Author Topic: Can Nintendo bounce back and get ahead of Xbox?  (Read 7377 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2002, 09:04:56 PM »
Uhh... yeah, their computer games are great. Like this one I got for $5, Motocross Madness... it's cool. But then, Microsoft isn't making many (if any) games for Xbox. All the stupid second-party developers they have hired only make bad games.
But Xbox 2? That's preposterous.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2002, 10:54:32 PM »
I stand by what I said before Microsoft mostly sucks, GCN is o.k. but Sony is on top. Stone me if you will. Oh and I think that GI is right on most of the time. They even gave SFA an extremely high rating of 9.75 out of 10.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2002, 12:25:35 AM »
WAH HOO!!!!

But what's GI?

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2002, 06:32:45 AM »
How dare you diss the mighty Nintendo GameCube! Nintendo makes better games than Sony... and the PS2 is losing support anyway, so why would you still invest in it?

PS2 is good, but Nintendo is the best!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2002, 05:19:32 PM »
I did not diss the GCN I just said it's not nearly as good as Nintendos previous systems. Nintendo started downhill with the N64 and GCN is better it's just not as good as the NES or SNES. I still invest in PS2 because it has the games I like. I am not too huge on family friendly games. I like games like DOOM and GTA Vice City. Mario and Zelda are the exceptions. I thought Nintendo would start making more mature games but all they have produced are survival horror titles. I hate survival horror. I want violance good graphics and good gameplay the GCN has two out of the three making it my second system. PS2 has all three making it the best IN MY OPINION. XBOX just plain sucks. GI is Game Informer the best gamming mag out there.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2002, 12:14:25 AM »
Why do you want "mature" games? They're nothing. Games like SMS and SFA are the best kind. In other words, Miyamoto games. There are only a few other series that are nearly as good as Shiggy's games (i. e. Mega Man)
GTA and DOOM... I just don't get those games. They hold absolutely no meaning for me. "Violent" games are a complete waste of time, space and money if you ask me.
And I'd have to disagree that GCN isn't as good as SNES... In my opinion, GCN is the best console yet, because it has SMS and SFA... the two greatest games I have ever played. N64... what was wrong with N64? There's nothing wrong with it. NES... classic, but not the greatest. I mean, It had some good games (Mario and Mega Man games, among other Miyamoto classics) but the scope of Miyamoto's newer games vastly outdo the old ones.
Survival Horror... eechh. Capcom's only good series is Mega Man. Heh.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2002, 08:18:53 AM »
Mega Man and Street Fighter - two of Capcom's classics!

Can you believe the amount of support Nintendo is recieving from big 3rd-party companies! Capcom has annouced 5 exclusive games for GameCube, and now Square is coming back with two new Final Fantasy games for both the GameCube and Game Boy Advance! Also, Sega has given GameCube exclusive Sonic games and Super Monkey Ball!

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2002, 05:58:44 PM »
Well everyone has different game preferances and thier own fav system. I like mostly violent games. However it must have fun gameplay. You guys seem to like the more tame platformer. Fine by me. DOOM is fun for me because some of it takes place in Hell :) it has many demons and it's full of bloody violent action. In real life I am extremely passize.I have been in one or two fights ever. Even then when I was young. These violent games serve as an alternate to my real life. In real life I'm a wimp in violent games Im a bad@ss! I like GTA Vice City because I get to be on the bad guys side and it's very immersive new gameplay. GTA Vice City isn't just what you hear about in the media. You only get the tip of the iceberg. Of course you just may not care for its style of gameplay. If I went by what I saw on the front and back of the Mario games boxes I would gather that it is a gay little kids game. But since I played the games I know theyre solid platformers with fun gameplay. So anyway lets just end the debate here before it gets out of hand. Everyone has different tastes. I wont put yours down in front of you if you dont put down mine in front of me.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2002, 10:40:27 PM »
Uhh... sure, whatever. I just have a natural aversion to violence. And gore. And junk like that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2002, 03:37:49 PM »
This GIF I have shows just what will happen to the Xbox once Nintendo picks back up.

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2002, 12:08:38 AM »
Yup. Definitely.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2002, 12:14:21 PM »
I agree that XBOX can't and probably won't be as good as GC.  At least for me since I like Shiggy's games like Mario, Zelda, etc.  And, I don't care for the violent and FPS games on xbox (and psII).  The other console makers just don't have games with a following like Nintendo's classic characters.  Sega tried, but now Sonic is on the GC.

The thing that helps sells of xbox and ps2 is that they can play dvds.  Xbox is even rumored to be working on a version that will record live tv, mp3s, etc. on its hard drive and maybe even have a mouse and keyboard.  That would increase their sells to people who are looking for more entertainment features than just playing games.  For me though, it seems that Nintendo will be the best as far as the games are concerned.

Some people have said that Nintendo consoles have been going down hill.  The N64 wasn't as good as the SNES?  Of course, the N64 was a better system then the SNES, it's just that the SNES had a lot of, and some of the best games ever.  Third party game designers started moving to PS since it was much cheaper to make thier disks then the N64 carts.  Now that the GC has disks, they have been making a lot more games for Nintendo allbeit in some cases crappy games like were on the PS1.  Eventually, I think that more of the big game makers like Squaresoft, Rare, Capcom, ..., and Nintendo will make a lot more QUALITY games for the GC.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2002, 01:16:50 PM »
DONOT INSULT SONY!!!! I LOVE SONY MORE THAN THE 64 OR GCN!!!!! What is wrong with you people why are you all so against violent games?...........whoa I really lost it there.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2002, 11:38:55 PM »
Sony shall die. Die, PS2! Die!
Sony has virtually no quality games. Sony has no good third party support, except Square, who is now moving back to Nintendo. Xbox only has Rare, who as far as I'm concerned, only made two good games.
Violent games are a waste of time, space, and money. Shiggy's games are WAY better.
The other two consoles are pretty well worthless, because they don't have:
Mario
Link
Star Fox
F-Zero
Metroid
Kirby
Mega Man (yes, Mega Man is on PlayStation... but the games aren't very good AT ALL)
Heck... even Sonic!
And other various GOOD games... which Xbox and PS2 will NEVER have!
The fact that Xbox is selling more right now just shows the mass populace's ignorance!!

With all the third-party support that Nintendo is getting, with more soon to come, it's clear that Nintendo will always come out on top, eventually.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 11/24/2002 9:48:42 PM
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2002, 12:34:53 PM »

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/25/2002 10:37:18 AM

Print